DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

They sure took a solid character like Brian and made him a total piece of shit over the years. Just awful.

See, and I think that the one decent bit of character development they've done over the years is showing that Brian is an insufferable piece of shit that everyone but Peter just barely tolerates.  The Quagmire/Brian stuff was genuinely good.  Other than that I think the show is dogshit.  Seth MacFarlane doesn't get called out nearly enough for leaning on racist bullshit to get a laugh.

"That reminds me of the time...."

"This is worse than that time...."

Enough already.

I dunno if anyone has brought this up before, but what really irks me is when a character on a TV show suddenly develops the ability to sing and/or gets a record contract.

Cue story arc where someone says "you've changed".

Does this bug anyone else at all?

They sure took a solid character like Brian and made him a total piece of shit over the years. Just awful.

See, and I think that the one decent bit of character development they've done over the years is showing that Brian is an insufferable piece of shit that everyone but Peter just barely tolerates. The Quagmire/Brian stuff was genuinely good. Other than that I think the show is dogshit. Seth MacFarlane doesn't get called out nearly enough for leaning on racist bullshit to get a laugh.

"That reminds me of the time...."

"This is worse than that time...."

Enough already.

That reminds me of the time we were all really excited that Family Guy was being revived.

• Like 2

It was fine for a few seasons and has just steadily gotten worse. I don't think I've seen more than one or two eps since the one with Quagmire's sister getting the shit beaten out of her.

YOUR HANDY FAMILY GUY JOKE WRITING CHART.

Mix and match at random and START DRAWING!!!!!! 

A Celebrity (preferbly form the 70s)     A Verb                                a random historical figure, object, animal, racist stereotype

Jim Belushi                        Made dinner for                            a black guy
    Meryl Streep                       Had sex with                                a horse
    Gene Rayburn                    had to chauffeur for                      The dish that ran away with the spoon
    Pia Zadora                          was hired to tutor                          Kubla Khan
    Jim Varney                          had that duel with                        Noonien Kahn
    Casey Wilson                      got a tattoo designed by              That band animal from the muppets is in
    Vera from Alice                    had a baby with                            The Love  Bug
    Doogie Houser                    went snowboarding with               The Love Boat
    Schneider                            ate                                                 The rest of Wilson/Phillips
    Horschak                            babysat for                                     a birdfeeder with AIDS
    Venus Flytrap                      gave birth to                                   Rip Taylor's actual  tailor
    Carol Channing                  was on a rollercoaster with             The 1976 Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders
    Fawn Hall                           was lost in the desert with              The one black kid from Charlie Brown
    Baby Jessica                 cheated to win a hula hoop contest with    James Woods

• Like 3

I dunno if anyone has brought this up before, but what really irks me is when a character on a TV show suddenly develops the ability to sing and/or gets a record contract.

Cue story arc where someone says "you've changed".

Does this bug anyone else at all?

I take it you're not a Belieber?

It was fine for a few seasons and has just steadily gotten worse. I don't think I've seen more than one or two eps since the one with Quagmire's sister getting the shit beaten out of her.

Didn't catch that episode. Did it go something like this... 

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER. POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER.

• Like 1

LESTER!! Also, the scene with Rawls and Mcnulty near the beginning of the very next episode is one of my favorites.

Is Rawls the major who rightly hates McNulty?

Seriously, I never have trouble remembering names of characters in any show before this one, but I've got McNulty, Daniels, Lester, Kima, D, Stringer, Wallace, and... idiot cops and crooks I don't fucking care about, and other characters whose names don't stick.

It might be better than the first season of Dollhouse. Although they both started really bad and plucked up as they went.

There is nothing that can breathe the Dave air as Prophecy Girl that ended Buffy's first season. Angel's first season was significantly better.

Firefly's worst episode is better than all 13.