DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

In the spirit of the cop partnership rankings, I give you sure-to-be-hated sidekick lawyer/ADA rankings:

1) Jamie Ross - super hot, solid character, and came back a couple times as a lawyer - and then a judge

2) Paul Robinette - seems like the most lawyerly of the entire bunch.  Probably because he's a dude and not just eye candy.

3) Abbie Carmichael - another of the super-hot sidekicks.  Exuded the most "toughness" of any of the female ADAs and also got to actually grill people on the stand

4) Claire Kincaid - Easily the most shocking exit from the show.  Little did we know she was boffing ole McCoy.

5) Connie Rubirosa - Ho hum, just another scorching hot sidekick.  Nothing wrong with her - a solid character, solid performer, and tied for the most episodes

6) Alexandra Borgia - I always thought she was a bad fit and was an obvious attempt to get a "less attractive" sidekick for McCoy.  Her character just didn't seem solid and just not a great fit.

7) Serena Southerlyn - From the utterly baffling exit from the show, to her constant wimpiness, and non-lawyerly attire, Serena always seemed in over her head.  Not a good character at all - and she got the most episodes of any sidekick.  

Favorite ADA pairings:

1) Stone/Kincaid

2) McCoy/Kincaid

3) Stone/Robinette

4) McCoy/Carmichael

5) McCoy/Ross

6) Cutter/Rubirosa

7) McCoy/Southerlyn

8) McCoy/Borgia

Favorite DA:

1) Adam Schiff

2) Arthur Branch

3) Jack McCoy

4) Whoever the guy was from the pilot episode that was replaced by Steven Hill

5) Absolutely anybody else in the world except Dianne Wiest

6) Dianne Wiest (don't remember the character's name and don't care)

Wiest was the fucking worst. Pretty sure I stopped watching during her tenure.

You, Niners, and *checks notes* Elvisvajeco* have the worst taste in entertainment.  It's uncanny.

*name changed to protect the innocent

Are you saying Richard Brooks isn't a supermodel? Blasphemy or something.

He is very handsome but he's no Bond Girl a la Carey Lowell...

Wiest was the fucking worst. Pretty sure I stopped watching during her tenure.

You, Niners, and *checks notes* Elvisvajeco* have the worst taste in entertainment.  It's uncanny.

*name changed to protect the innocent

You're missing the unfunny unrelated YouTube video and/or picture. 

I'm trying to come up with a recent-ish show with a thinner, more absurd premise than Taxi Brooklyn

Female cop solves crimes with a taxi driver who drives her around town after the department refuses to give her another car.

And, yes, I know it's based on a Luc Besson film. 

Accidental artificial insemination.

And she's a virgin, isn't she?  Whattar the odds?  No, really, what would be the odds of that happening?

If I was a showrunner, though, I'd bet money that I could make that work before I could build a show around a police officer who can't drive and the cabbie who drives her around,  Most ridiculous mismatched buddy copy pairing since the first Alien v. Predator movie (black chick whose name I don't recall/Predator)

Ah, the days of legit poster art. Joel Schumacher directed that?! And please tell me that's George Carlin holding the flamethrower.

George Carlin wasn't in DC Cab, so far as I recall.

If memory serves, the guy with the flame thrower is Max Gail (best known from a role on Barney Miller).  His character was some sort of looney Vietnam (?) vet, I think.  The character smuggled the weapon home from the war.

If I'm wrong about that, correct me.  Been years and years since I saw DC Cab,

• Like 1