DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

I'm kinda shocked to see that people like Bob's Burgers.  The few times I've tried to watch it, it's been outrageously unfunny.

For me at least, the animation and voice talent(besides Kristen Schall) is so bad I can't even pay attention to it. The guy who does Archer is jarring to hear in another role, and the lady who voices the mom is so annoying she's practically unlistenable. . 

I'm kinda shocked to see that people like Bob's Burgers.  The few times I've tried to watch it, it's been outrageously unfunny.

For me at least, the animation and voice talent(besides Kristen Schall) is so bad I can't even pay attention to it. The guy who does Archer is jarring to hear in another role, and the lady who voices the mom is so annoying she's practically unlistenable. . 

He'll always be Coach McGuirk to me.

Last night, WE was showing "Law and Order" episodes from season 1. Kinda cool. I've seen L&O reruns so many times I can't stomach most of them any more, but you rarely see seasons 1-3 in syndication (pre-Chris Noth and Sam Waterston, basically).

Is WE still supposed to be a women's channel? I only started paying attention to it recently, They run L&O and CSI: Miami marathons four nights a week, which seems to guarantee women probably won't watch in large numbers.

Also, Bob's Burgers was outstanding this week. Probably the funniest ep they've done in awhile and one of my favorites of the series, Don't think there was a dull moment.

CSI actually has a bigger female audience than male.

Last night, WE was showing "Law and Order" episodes from season 1. Kinda cool. I've seen L&O reruns so many times I can't stomach most of them any more, but you rarely see seasons 1-3 in syndication (pre-Chris Noth and Sam Waterston, basically).

Is WE still supposed to be a women's channel? I only started paying attention to it recently, They run L&O and CSI: Miami marathons four nights a week, which seems to guarantee women probably won't watch in large numbers.

Also, Bob's Burgers was outstanding this week. Probably the funniest ep they've done in awhile and one of my favorites of the series, Don't think there was a dull moment.

Yeah, I don't know a single dude who loves Law & Order, but I know at least three women who won't miss an episode.  I was dating a girl who watched the regular NBC ones and all of the reruns ad naseum, and I wanted to tell her that every single episode is essentially the same, but I didn't want to mess up a sure thing over something that trivial. 

He'll always be Coach McGuirk to me.

And he'll always be Ben Katz to me

• Like 1

No woman can resist Caruso's charm, obviously.

No one has mentioned the badassery in the first episode of "Fargo"?

Thumbs up from me, hoping it can maintain that level.

I thought it was great. Started slow, but once all the pieces came together in the end, it was tremendous TV.

I don't want to make the mistake a lot of TRUE DETECTIVE viewers did and assume this is heading in a supernatural direction, because I do NOT think it is, but after watching the first episode, I couldn't fault anyone for theorizing that Billy Bob is playing The Devil in this.

Same.  It comes off as a total Adult Swim D-list show.  The main voice actor guy's monotone (and I get that it's supposed to be subtle or understated or whatever) is one of those voices that makes everything instantly unfunny to me.

I haven't been paying attention. Does this have anything to do with the film?

Has nothing to do with movie except the tone, general setting, and basic premise of a sadsack ordinary guy getting in over his head with some very bad people. It is its own story with no connection to those characters or events.

• Like 1

Per EW, Almost Human is getting a second season, although it's getting a "reboot" whatever that's supposed to mean. They're just working out contractual issues which is why they haven't made an official announcement. Although it's apparently only a 13 season renewal, which may hint at a lack of faith on Fox's part.

So they are rebooting a show after one season and giving it half the episodes? I never saw the show I couldn't get behind Ricky from Barbershop being the lead in this but it sounds like Fox has already given up on it which seems strange they would even bother bringing it back.

Wasn't the first season only 10 episodes? It seems like Fox is sticking with short seasons for their hour long shows so I don't think it's that unusual. The Following, Sleepy Hollow and 24 are all 13 episodes or less aren't they?

Per EW, Almost Human is getting a second season, although it's getting a "reboot" whatever that's supposed to mean. They're just working out contractual issues which is why they haven't made an official announcement. Although it's apparently only a 13 season renewal, which may hint at a lack of faith on Fox's part.

Season 1 was only 13 eps.  Sleepy Hollow and the new season of 24 got 13 eps.  The Following gets orders for 16 eps per .  Supposedly, part of Fox's current program strategy is to order shorter seasons of shows (some shows, not across-the-board).

Burned through the first two seasons of Parks & Rec over the last 2 weeks, had heard that it didn't pick up until the second season so I kinda coasted through the first and most of the second season but I almost gave up on it.

On the home stretch of the 2nd season now and from the possum episode onwards I haven't stopped laughing, hilarious stuff and I hope the next few seasons keep it up.