DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I am debating moving my preorder for Watch Dogs to UFC, honestly. Only because I want to finish Infamous and trade that towards my next purchase.

Also, I'm debating picking up Diablo 3 once it hits PS4. I have never played a Diablo game, and never had time to Redbox the current gen ones.

I am debating moving my preorder for Watch Dogs to UFC, honestly. Only because I want to finish Infamous and trade that towards my next purchase.

Hurry up and finish - Target has 3x trade-in value right now on used games.  Trading in the PS4 Infamous game will net you $46 in store credit.

Soon as people learn how to use "Ebay" these companies are in trouble.  Sometimes I can sell games on Ebay used for about what they cost new on Amazon (which I guess will stop working once people learn how to use Amazon).  I should note I mean quick flipping of games (buy it, beat it within a month, sell it back), not trying to sell games that came out years ago.

Amplitude made its funding and will be coming in a little less than a year. I honestly wasn't expecting it to get there with a Kickstarter window of only 18 days, and being a sequel to a game that like ten people bought (although it appears that 9 of them became games journalists, and the other was me).

When UFC comes out, that will determine if I go and blow 500 bucks next month.  If it's good that is.  Does it retain that good Pride mode which was the only thing I thought was good on the last one?  Is the striking all full of molasses like the EA MMA?  I kind of liked aspects from both of the last two MMA games.  Hated the stupid keep-away octagon submission system.  Some of the position jockeying shit was intuitive.

Seems like you should just keep most of that shit hidden behind stats and the time in which you impugn your skill.  Cut out straight ahead bullshit where someone can flat-ass go for the gusto on the outset but let lambs be slaughtered. BUT do not disallow the fact that a well placed blow can annihilate a motherfucker. This goes against fighting game logic but it doesn't go against simulation logic.  Have yer arcade mode where I can have insane openweight freakshow matches. Sentoryu vs Giant Silva.

Main thing I'm saying is that Muggsy Bogues is Muggsy Bogues.

Halo 5 is going to drag me in kicking and screaming.

After spending the last month really getting into Red vs. Blue, I will probably be joining you.

In my "I should not have spent the money on my PS4, but I did anyways" and need to be focusing on cutting down expenses initiative, I will probably get the One on the tail end of this generation.

Lego batman 3 - spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-27-lego-batman-3-beyond-gotham-blasts-its-heroes-into-space

Yeah - was just coming to post about this. I really should just create a All Encompassing Lego thread. So very lazy

http://kotaku.com/lego-batman-3-is-here-and-hes-going-into-space-1581948946

The Indiegogo fundraiser reached its goal so this is apparently happening - and how the heck did I not hear about it before now?????

More time on Rainbow Moon:

Some of the reviews I read of it mentioned insane difficulty spikes at times and I just ran into that.  I went from never taking any damage in combat to having multiple guys die but still winning fights to having my entire part wiped out without even getting a single turn in no time flat.  Kinda annoying but I'll just go level up elsewhere and come back to that spot.

Oddly, much like happened with me playing Ni No Kuni, I have found myself falling asleep a few times while playing.  Unlike in that game, however, falling asleep has absolutely no effect in Rainbow Moon.  If you're not actively moving the controller, the game world completely stops and the game itself eventually pauses.  Last night I had just finished dying in the above massacre when, next thing I know, it's 5 hours later and I'm waking up wondering what just happened.

I just got MK9 not too long ago because it was on sale for $5.  It's a really good game.  I probably wouldn't buy MKX at launch, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Of course, a lot of people are already bitching about it since it is being developed "cross gen"

I will be buying MKX on day one. I still remember being utterly shocked when I got my copy of 9 home and, after a weekend, realized that a fucking Mortal Kombat was the best new game I'd played all year. (LA Noire and others had eclipsed it by Christmas, but as of summer it was a strong contender for my GOTY.)

• Like 1

Seriously. If it wasn't for Divekick, MK9 would have no peers as far as fighting games on this set of consoles goes. Stoked to see what they do next.

And it being "cross gen" is awesome because I don't know that I'll ever buy one of the new consoles, so I'm not completely fucked if I want to play the game. Woohoo.

EDIT: Also, hahahaha @ people being mad about Wiz Khalifa in the trailer, as if the pro fighting game community isn't just a giant walking sexist weed leaf

• Like 1

Wait, so because I pre-ordered UFC from the Playstation store, I can't download the demo? Holy shit, am I never doing that again after this and The Show screw-ups.

• Like 1