DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

According to this blog post, which has links to the two articles with the info, Elder Scrolls: Online has been given an M for Mature rating. There's also a partial list of voice actors, including: John Cleese, Bill Nighy, Lynda Carter, Jennifer Hale, and more.

(insert shut up and take my money gif here)

Jenn - why do you hate my posts and the Elder Scrolls thread?

Don't be like JT

Yeah, can we call MMO's death already?

MMO's aren't near death yet.  There are plenty of people that will literally do the same damn thing daily for 3-4 hours in whatever setting they want to.  Long as they keep producing end game content to keep their power paying players happy, they'll exist.

The Free-to-play model was less about getting more players into the game and more about everyone figuring out what the Korean MMO ports already knew:  people will pay for ala carte perks so long as the main content is free, and you'll make more money through micro-transactions than a monthly fee.  

Its a trend that leaked into standard console games, especially since everyone is shoehorning multiplayer into every damn game now.  

EDIT: Plus, if we do it on PS4, everyone's gotta get headsets, which is another barrier of entry.

PS4s all come with headsets.

That thing wouldn't stay in my ear if I turned my head. I must have malformed earlobes. :( I purchased the cheaper Turtle Beach headset, and while the volume is a little low for my liking, it does a job.

You can take any set of headphones or earbuds that have a mic on the cable and just plug them into the controller.

According to this blog post, which has links to the two articles with the info, Elder Scrolls: Online has been given an M for Mature rating. There's also a partial list of voice actors, including: John Cleese, Bill Nighy, Lynda Carter, Jennifer Hale, and more.

(insert shut up and take my money gif here)

Jenn - why do you hate my posts and the Elder Scrolls thread?

Don't be like JT

HEY~!

"Epic Games has reached an agreement to sell the 'Gears of War' intellectual property rights to Microsoft. We're very proud of the franchise we built in close partnership with Microsoft over the past decade and are happy that this agreement enables Microsoft to forge ahead with the 'Gears' universe on their industry-leading platforms as Epic concentrates its efforts on new projects," said Epic founder and CEO Tim Sweeney. "Epic remains totally dedicated to supporting Xbox One and is licensing the Unreal Engine 4 technology to Microsoft in support of their future projects."

Horde in GOW3 is great if you have a group of (capable) friends to piss around with during it. A Gears 4 will be a big thing but Judgment was in the hands of People Can Fly and the changes they attempted didn't really land and it was nowhere near as polished as the Cliffy B-helmed main trilogy games. The right developer could make something good. I spent an insane amount of time with GOW1 though so I still have fondness for the franchise.

For the few Japanese game fans here, Square Enix is releasing Drakengard 3 on May 20th for PS3 on their Square Enix site only. $50 for the regular editiion and $80 for the limited edition. Limited edition has only 5000 copies -- this will be more rare than Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition.

I went ahead and ordered a regular edition -- the problem is it's being handled by Digital River, so I fully anticipate them screwing it up.

Sweet Jesus this Child of Light from Ubisoft is one beautiful game. It's coming out April 30. I love that it was part of the Far Cry 3 team that did this. More big studios should follow suit. Imagine Naughty Dog is in the home stretch of Uncharted 4 production so they break away a small group to make say their take on a Metroidvania game.