DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

WWE needs to bring back the flesh-colored body suit with airbrushed muscles.

In the spirit of Crash Holly weighing over 400lbs, the person wearing the bodysuit will be a 6'0/230 type who claims to be an elite bodybuilder, and will do bodybuilder poses at all times

• Like 1

I think they might have the right idea by not making Bray wrestle a ton, it will keep him way fresher for way longer.  No one cares after you see the same dude wrestle 3 times a week for a year. 

And when he finally does get into the ring, like he did with Bryan on Monday, it actually has a huge deal feel to it.  They've done an awesome job with that.

Isn't that mainly because he's injury prone though?

What the hell is the point of uploading a video and putting some ugly ass watermark on it? Serious question. Does it serve a purpose? Does Youtube give the person money or something?

So people use those free software deals to create the actual video and the free versions put the watermark on the video (purchase the software would mean no watermark). I am assuming that this is the case here

unless the guy watermarking this did so in some scheme to throw off YouTube's 3rd party content detection system (not saying he had any success there, but)

Most people crop out the WWE logo to do that. 

If the rumored plans of a Roman Reigns baby face turn do end up playing out, there have been talks of having Mason Ryan, who is currently in NXT, fill the vacant role in The Shield.

Source: F4WOnline.com

Has Ryan improved? I haven't seen NXT. If not, putting him in there with Ambrose, Rey, Goldust and co every week may be the best way to speed that along.

He's dropped weight and is now under 300 lbs and ridiculously cut.  He's solid, not anything special, but all he would have do to is a spear to replace Reigns' role in The Shield while Ambrose and Rollins do the heavy lifting.

If the rumored plans of a Roman Reigns baby face turn do end up playing out, there have been talks of having Mason Ryan, who is currently in NXT, fill the vacant role in The Shield.

Kassius Ohno was RIGHT THERE. Don't like him rocking the muffin top? Here's a black t-shirt and tactical vest. Duh.

He's dropped weight and is now under 300 lbs and ridiculously cut.  He's solid, not anything special, but all he would have do to is a spear to replace Reigns' role in The Shield while Ambrose and Rollins do the heavy lifting.

It just wouldn't be the same.

Mason Ryan still exists for one reason and that's to get Batista bombed.

I hate when WWE does the New *insert stable* gimmick. It only leads to failure.

WWE needs to bring back the flesh-colored body suit with airbrushed muscles.

In the spirit of Crash Holly weighing over 400lbs, the person wearing the bodysuit will be a 6'0/230 type who claims to be an elite bodybuilder, and will do bodybuilder poses at all times

Kassius Ohno was RIGHT THERE. Don't like him rocking the muffin top? Here's a black t-shirt and tactical vest. Duh.

It would throw off the dynamic of sleazy guy, bumping guy and big guy.  Instead it would be sleazy guy, high-spots guy and sleazy bumping guy.  If not Ryan, I'd probably go with Leo Kruger or Connor O'Brien in the Reigns spot.  O'Brien would probably be really good, as Rollins and Ambrose could make him seem like a bigger deal and all he'd have to do is come in and hit a big move...and stop being a time-traveling vampire.

Unless new allegations have come to light, his wife told him she was leaving and taking the kids, and they got in to a domestic dispute that led to him spending a couple nights in jail. It happened the week before thanksgiving.

Unless new allegations have come to light, his wife told him she was leaving and taking the kids, and they got in to a domestic dispute that led to him spending a couple nights in jail. It happened the week before thanksgiving.

The guys at the old czwfans forum have done a good job recapping it via Necro's Facebook updates. He's admitted to beating his wife, hinted at suicide, sold off his cherished wrestling figure collection, conned fans out of thousands of dollars for surgery, and cries about having no money, car, or place to live.

Via ringsidenews:

WWE now has their developmental talents doing classes and seminars, treating it like it's almost similar going to college. The idea is that they are trying to teach talents to not screw up like most people from the past had done and have skills for a post-wrestling.

They are going to have talent classes in marketing themselves, programs in teaching how to manage finances, college tuition reimbursement programs, media training and language courses.

WWE has formed a partnership with Money Management International to help the talents with their financial planning for the future. They will have classes that teach budgeting, debt control, help with choosing a tax professional, as well as helping them choose people to be financial planners and to help them with taxes.

They are also working with Kevin Sullivan Communications (not the WCW Kevin Sullivan) to teach talent media training, like how to avoid bad press on Twitter. Sullivan is the former White House Communications Director under George W. Bush

Developmental talents will also be given seminars in injury prevention and how to live a healthy lifestyle.

I find this to be magnificent news.

All the Joe in WWE talk made me wonder why he hasn't asked for a release, did a few months on the indies and then went to the WWE. He seems to have some friends in good spots and a few notable alumni vouching for him (Austin). Why hasn't this happened?

Also, why isn't Ricky Morton training people in someone's developmental system? Is it a personality thing or what? The WWE basically ignoring the Rock and Rolls baffles me.

Was Jerry Jarrett really going to be the guy to replace Vince had he been convicted and sent to jail in '94?

With Bill Watts as the second-in-command, I believe. Jarrett was meticulous, much like Vince.

All this Samoa Joe talk reminded me that he made his national television debut on an episode of Monster Garage. I couldnt find the whole thing but this will do.

Random trivia note: I performed the wedding for the guy on the right in the ring (Gilbert "El Jefe" Aguilera)

• Like 1