DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

Would Sheamus be a good candidate for a Brock match?

I think he's a great candidate for WE KNOW WHO THAT IS TAZ

Harsh. I think Sheamus is an ok-ish upper mid cade face and much better heel.

Despite having a terrible character, Sheamus showed in 2012 that he can absolutely bring it in the ring. Dude was having PPV quality matches with Wade Barrett in throwaway matches on Raw. Yeah, his title reign was dull as hell from a storyline perspective, but it's not his fault the writers are shit. And let's not pretend this board wouldn't flip it's shit over Brock and Sheamus beating the everloving shit out of each other for 20 minutes or so. (As long as Sheamus doesn't hit Brock in the face. His UFC career proved he doesn't like that.)

• Like 1

Would Sheamus be a good candidate for a Brock match?

I think he's a great candidate for WE KNOW WHO THAT IS TAZ

Harsh. I think Sheamus is an ok-ish upper mid cade face and much better heel.

Despite having a terrible character, Sheamus showed in 2012 that he can absolutely bring it in the ring. Dude was having PPV quality matches with Wade Barrett in throwaway matches on Raw.

Let's be honest, in WWE being able to actually wrestle doesn't really fucking matter, does it? It's a nice bonus but it's more about if you're charismatic & can draw well. At least on the top. People weren't shelling out big bucks for André the Giant or Hulk Hogan because they were 5-star ring generals. The Rock wasn't a technically sound worker & Austin's best days were behind him.

*WE* on the internet, might care about "workrate" or whatever. Ask a casual fan about wrestling though, they'll talk about characters, wins/losses, finishers that sort of thing.

Sheamus is boring.

Sheamus is one of the many writing staff victims. He's a really good wrestler who usually gets good live reactions but for whatever reason, the writers decided to write away from his stregnths and into his weaknesses. He should've been booked like face Batista, not face Chris Jericho.

• Like 3

That Jake video a few posts back would've been much more awesome had it been late '91 and Savage was the one who popped up.

A 3rd baseman has no business being in short left for a pop-up.

Not long after he made his debut, I read someplace that Sheamus got into some thing with Yoshi Tatsu backstage in FCW and that Yoshi had shown him who was boss.

While I'd like to see Yoshi vs Brock, I'd be happy enough with Sheamus, he can lay it in a bit.

Added to reason 534 why I want Yoshi Tatsu on my TV all the time. 

They could reintroduce him this way. We can start with skits of him in the kitchen, making food for competitors to give them fighting spirit. Maybe someone important like CM Punk eats a special Tatsu dish before competing(and winning) an important match on RAW. Then some dick bag like Sheamus trashes the kitchen and Tatsu beats the ever loving shit out of him. They can partner back up with Combos and create special Yoshi Tatsu inspired creations, and give him commercials where he yells a cool catch phrase like "CRUNCH INTO A COMBO!". 

Then he wins the Royal Rumble after entering at #1. Beats John Cena in a 2 out of 3 Falls match after going 2 STRAIGHT~!.

IT'S ALL THERE. DOES THE WWE HATE MONEY? 

• Like 2

So, at the Rumble, you think the Shield enters through the crowd individually every time one of their numbers is up? And what about the Wyatts? It could get tedious teleporting to the ring all those times....

It'd be cool if the Shield entered the once, and say Rollins was the number so he goes in while Reigns and Ambrose distract people and intimidate officials on the outside. Then they just go in when their number is called.

The issue with blading is that while it would be fine if used sparingly, this is pro wrestling. It would get a great reaction and really make a segment in to a moment, and inevitably the writers would use it like a new toy and within six months Dolph Ziggler would have to get nightly transfusions. Moderation is not necessarily a strong suit for wrestling historically, and I think I'd rather have none at all than all the time.

I will say that I think that if WWE has regular physicals and testing for diseases that are transferable through blood, there shouldn't be any reason for the cleaning up blood mid match like they often do. It seems they have softened on that slightly, which is for the best, I feel.

• Like 3