DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

I demand a TV show where Kurt Angle screams at/motivates seriously injured people.

"Sir, I have to tell you, this situation is hopeless. Your wife has been in a coma for 16 years. She's shown no signs of improvement. It might be time to consider pulling the plug..."

*Kurt Angle breaks through the wall, in his wrestling gear*

"Get your lazy ass up! If I won a gold medal with a broken frikking neck, you can wake up from that coma!"

*woman's eyes fly open and she sits up*

• Like 5

I demand a TV show where Kurt Angle screams at/motivates seriously injured people.

"Sir, I have to tell you, this situation is hopeless. Your wife has been in a coma for 16 years. She's shown no signs of improvement. It might be time to consider pulling the plug..."

"Get your lazy ass up! If I won a gold medal with a broken frikking neck, you can wake up from that coma!"

That is pretty much exactly how I was picturing it.

Maven recounting the time he faced Triple H for the World Title on RAW non-stop would have been excellent.

"Bro, the time me and 'Taker tore the house down after I eliminated him in the Rumble...."

Kurt Angle: Motivational Speaker

Coming this fall to NBC

The biggest problem with Miz as a top guy is he just looks like a boy playing in a man's world.  A comparison to Tully Blanchard doesn't work at all cause Blanchard looked like a guy who'd seen some shit and done some shit and looked credible in the ring and on the mic.  Whenever Miz talks it sounds like he's actually trying to convince himself that he's as big a star as he's saying he is and in the ring he looks like he's going to blow up due to nervousness.

He's fine as a midcard heel but above that, he just doesn't have the credibility or the talent to pull it off.

So, I saw a post or respnse somewhere around these parts within the last few weeks that said that blading should be "left in the past where it belongs." So, where do you stand? Is blading an old fashioned wrasslin' parlor trick that should be left to fade away? Personally, I think that's crazy talk. A well placed blood spot can bring BIG drama when it's not over done.

Hell, I considered blading myself while typing this...

• Like 2

I've never had a problem with blading if it's used sparingly, so I hate to abolish it, but.....  the health risks are such as to make it a needless risk for the wrestlers and a large company like WWE or NJPW risks backlash from sponsors, who may not want their products associated with that image.

Probably best to let the practice fade away.

So, I saw a post or respnse somewhere around these parts within the last few weeks that said that blading should be "left in the past where it belongs." So, where do you stand? Is blading an old fashioned wrasslin' parlor trick that should be left to fade away? Personally, I think that's crazy talk. A well placed blood spot can bring BIG drama when it's not over done.

Hell, I considered blading myself while typing this...

I grew up watching WWF when they didn't want blood and I'm fine with that moving forward. It makes it that much cooler when it happens naturally.

Cena getting punched in the mouth by Brock was a much better moment than that idiotic blood bath against JBL in 2005. That was disgusting.

When Trips and Taker broke the rules and did the chair shot to the head at Mania, that was a moment where Taller coming up a bloody mess could have been spectacular. Sheamus could benefit from one good bloody brawl. Right now, one extreme blade now could mean so much. But only if they stay very rare.

• Like 1

Bryan vs Lesnar would be the match of all matches. They better do that before considering Sheamus. 

On the Jesse Sorensen interview: if you watch it he isn't even bitter towards Dixie and TNA and he doesn't insist or complain about the "job for life" thing at all. Hope his career turns out fine, he's a talented dude.

I don't know where I stand on Sheamus. Sometimes he's good, sometimes he's bad. Most the time he's boring or forgettable. If he dialed down the gimmick a little & went back to just being a bad guy or kicking ass, he's fine. It's when he's trying to tell jokes & shit that he's painful.

Plus, all of his feuds seem to last forever. I don't want to see the same match five times on three PPVs in a row. I want to see it once. Maybe a rematch if there's some BS ending. The mandatory rematch along with having to fill all the TV time is what kills the shit for me, ya know?

• Like 2