DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY PRO WRES YAMMERING

There needs to be a show in similar vein to "How I Met Your Mother" where Hulk Hogan recalls his life stories. Like the time he was asked to join Metallica, and slammed a 1200 lbs Andre the Giant, and how he personally turned dogs and cats against each other.

• Like 6

There needs to be a show in similar vein to "How I Met Your Mother" where Hulk Hogan recalls his life stories. Like the time he was asked to join Metallica, and slammed a 1200 lbs Andre the Giant, and how he personally turned dogs and cats against each other.

And don't forget the time in 1974 when the Undertaker dropped him on his head.

• Like 1

I've always entertained the notion that Hogan is a time leaper and that's the reason his recollection of timelines is spotty. Also drugs.

I've always entertained the notion that Hogan is a time leaper and that's the reason his recollection of timelines is spotty. Also drugs.

And so Dr. Bollea finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once was wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home?

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 6

Here's an idea for the WWE Network:

Ric Flair as a wrestling time-traveler named Dr. Wooooooooo.

Jim Neidhart isnt' doing anything much these days.

From the picture of The Anvil's gut in the Raw thread, I'd say he's eating pretty well these days.

Don't forget when the Undertaker dropped him on his head in 1974. Upon further review, I see I was beaten to the punch on this joke already.

Just become a waiter.

I hear tell that waiters make $100K a year these days.

Are you really 56?

No, I'm really only 39. Why do you ask, were you contemplating sending a birthday present?

I really would love to see a one hour MST3K type show similar to what they did with the Kennel from Hell on Foley's first WWE comp. Maybe they can get Cabana to host it with a rotating guest of co-hosts, and air it live at 12 am on Saturday mornings. 

Satellite broadcaster DirecTV is less than thrilled with the WWE's plans to launch an online network and said it will have to rethink its relationship with the programmer and whether it will continue to offer its pay-per-view specials.

As part of the WWE's online network, which will launch next month, its 12 pay-per-view specials including the hugely popular "Wrestlemania" will be made available to subscribers at a price tag of $9.99 a month.

Traditional pay-TV distributors including DirecTV have for years counted on WWE's pay-per-view specials as a solid revenue source. Typically the distributors and WWE split the cost to consumers 50-50 and the price for the pay-per-view specials ranges from $55 to $70.

"Clearly we need to quickly re-evaluate the economics and viability of their business with us, as it now appears the WWE feels they do not need their PPV distributors," DirecTV said in a statement, adding that the audience for its events "has been steadily declining, and this new low-cost competitive offering will only accelerate this trend."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-directv-wwe-clash-ppv-network-20140109,0,2707112.story#ixzz2py6eYAxa

FIRST SHOT FIRED.

Satellite broadcaster DirecTV is less than thrilled with the WWE's plans to launch an online network and said it will have to rethink its relationship with the programmer and whether it will continue to offer its pay-per-view specials.

As part of the WWE's online network, which will launch next month, its 12 pay-per-view specials including the hugely popular "Wrestlemania" will be made available to subscribers at a price tag of $9.99 a month.

Traditional pay-TV distributors including DirecTV have for years counted on WWE's pay-per-view specials as a solid revenue source. Typically the distributors and WWE split the cost to consumers 50-50 and the price for the pay-per-view specials ranges from $55 to $70.

"Clearly we need to quickly re-evaluate the economics and viability of their business with us, as it now appears the WWE feels they do not need their PPV distributors," DirecTV said in a statement, adding that the audience for its events "has been steadily declining, and this new low-cost competitive offering will only accelerate this trend."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-directv-wwe-clash-ppv-network-20140109,0,2707112.story#ixzz2py6eYAxa

FIRST SHOT FIRED.

• Like 1