DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

With AC4 done until I change my mind and go for 100%, I went back to Arkham Asylum. I dunno, just not feeling this game. Can't really put a finger on it, it's just not clicking for me. So I shelved that for the moment and went with:

Sleeping Dogs. OK, this game ROCKS. Pretty much loving everything about it. Great graphics, structure, feel, etc. The stats say I'm 23% done with the story already, even at only 4 hours into the game (with plenty of side missions completed). That's a bit concerning though I know there's a ton of other stuff to fill time with if you're looking for a platinum. Anyway, I can see this game keeping me busy for quite awhile...

I got a platinum (my only one) with Sleeping Dogs. IIRC it took about 20 hours.

I broke down and got Reaper of Souls (damn you Blizzard), and the Crusader is the buff bad-ass that I was looking for.

I've been playing this solely the last few weeks. Loving the buffs the game got. I went from not playing in over 6 months to playing it daily when loot 2.0 dropped. I play mostly hardcore though I have a lot of softcore characters I played a ton pre 2.0 

Look me up at JustJay#1138

Sleeping Dogs.  OK, this game ROCKS.  Pretty much loving everything about it.  Great graphics, structure, feel, etc.  The stats say I'm 23% done with the story already, even at only 4 hours into the game (with plenty of side missions completed).  That's a bit concerning though I know there's a ton of other stuff to fill time with if you're looking for a platinum.  Anyway, I can see this game keeping me busy for quite awhile...

I picked this up for like $5 during the last STEAM sale and haven't installed it yet.  I think this gives me all the motivation I need to do so.  Thanks!

Talk of Sleeping Dogs nakes me want to hook my 360 back up. I was really into it, then got bogged down in the supercar DLC and lost interest rather than going back to the story, not sure why.

Common problem with sandbox games.  I had to restart my GTA4 campaign because I got bogged down with races and vigilante missions and forgot what the fuck I was doing in the main storyline. 

Waited until after I killed Jimmy Peg and then went after stunt jumps and pigeons.

Common problem with sandbox games.  I had to restart my GTA4 campaign because I got bogged down with races and vigilante missions and forgot what the fuck I was doing in the main storyline. 

Man, I have like 6 unfinished Skyrim characters because of this.  Hard to build up that momentum again.

• Like 1

Laid up with my bad back yesterday so spent several hours playing Sleeping Dogs.  Can't overemphasize how much FUN this game is.  Love the combat.  Love stealing cars.  Love the storyline.  Love the setting.  Love the graphics.  Love pimping my guy's threads with a Panama hat and ridiculous shades.  Love the missions.  What don't I love?  The camera is a little wonky at times, especially when trying to turn a car around.  Not crazy about how collectibles are displayed on the map as it makes it a little tough to see which ones you haven't already found.  And the map itself is a little blurry with indistinct icons.  Would love to zoom in more.

I'll definitely be going for a platinum with this one but I sure can't see myself doing it in 20 hours.  At least 40, I think.

It gets really easy to get all the side stuff. Basically each girlfriend will unlock a filter for the map that shows a certain type of collectable and will highlight the ones you don't have. Most of the other trophies you can get playing through story mode and drug busts. You will have to replay story missions to get your Triad skill up all the way. I recommend doing the hospital and using a lot of gun moves.

When you are going to do the collectables for Sleeping Dogs, some will appear on the map and you'll look for them and they won't be there.  There are about 4 or 5 caves that you'll need to go to get them.  Once you find the entrance it's all pretty easy as you just have to clear out maybe 8 or 9 enemies to get them.

For those who like playing board/card games via IOS

Fluxx is available for free today on IOS.

Now I just need Lords of Waterdeep to be free one day

Playing Urban Trials Freestyle on Vita at work during lunch, then starting Trials Fusion for the first time at home, it's like night and day. It feels like the UTF team understood that Redlynx had a good thing going, but didn't really understand how to make a track that really makes the most of the style.

I worked my way through the Fluxx tutorial....and still have no clue what was going on.  That one is going to take some work. 

Is the mobile version of Ticket to Ride any good?  I've wanted to buy the actual game, but have a hard time dropping $50 for a board game.  $1.99 is much more palatable.

I got Ticket to Ride for free - so the price was especially good for me.

I enjoy it since they computer AI isn't amazingly dumb so the games are nice - plus it has pass and play so my son and I can play it without having to drag out and setup our Ticket to Ride Europe version. (and you don't have to worry about losing pieces or fucking up the scoring)

I prefer Star Fluxx over regular Fluxx since Star Fluxx has a Sci-Fi theme which I like and introduces a couple of other new mechanics.

I am not sold on the game's AI yet because there have been some sketchy decisions made but again - be able to play while I am in the bathroom is a plus

The one thing that stinks is that since its my work IPad - everything has to be free for me to download it. (Because any purchase gets automatically sent to my work P-Card).

If it was my own personal one - I would have already bought Small World and Lords of Waterdeep

Not good enough that I'd drop $15 on them when on Android there are other ways of getting the games (Totally legally since I do have the originals in question) that cost considerably less.

Anyone played the PC version of Starlight Inception: It's out today as a Vita game, and my instinct is to buy basically any space dogfighter that comes out but the fact that every review on Steam is from someone who played for less than 3 hours makes me wary...maybe I'll just wait until I finish Strike Suit Zero and see if the Vita version has a review of its own.

Finished the story portion of Sleeping Dogs.  Great story!  I absolutely love this game.  Yeah, there are gripes (the driving is a little wonky, I've had fights where the game seems to randomly decide counters no longer work, and I've had a couple missions where I got stuck in spots I should have been able to get out of but couldn't, plus a few missions that don't make sense, and the GPS system having issues) but overall the game is fantastic.  I've still got a bunch of stuff to do to finish off the platinum but I will most definitely be doing that.  AC4 is a better game but Sleeping Dogs is really, really great.  9/10.