DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

My playing of Rainbow Moon is beginning to consist of me running around the first island and dunegon doing every fight possible whilst saying "I have no idea what I'm doing!".

Because everything in the second dungeon can kick my ass.

I also believe this is my fault, because I wasn't aware of how much grinding is involved, and I choose "Adventurous" for style and started off with nothing.

Yeah, you should start off with "Well Supported".  There's no penalty for it and you get a ton of gold & pearls to start with.

But you really shouldn't be dying constantly at any point until after you beat the story.

Red as in the mob ID. I get close to the mob, and the level of the top monster appears and is color coded in relation to my level. Like the theives show up red now, but the imp are green.

Got 2 in my party, and my problem is I'm wussing out of fights I need to just run in on. Got the groove now.

Red as in the mob ID. I get close to the mob, and the level of the top monster appears and is color coded in relation to my level. Like the theives show up red now, but the imp are green.

Got 2 in my party, and my problem is I'm wussing out of fights I need to just run in on. Got the groove now.

Yeah, I found that once I got the second party member and the first sub-turn I could usually take groups that were higher level than I.  The AI is not great and would usually ignore the main character to go after the archer, so I just ran her around him while I wailed on the enemies until they dropped.  The game definitely has weird difficulty spikes and plateaus, at least early on.

So I picked up Payday 2 when it was on sale on Steam and started playing with some friends, I have to say I'm really enjoying the game.  It's fun to play with a bunch of people on skype and actually plan out the heists and then pray it all goes well.  We were so stoked when we pulled a perfect stealth run on a hard Go Bank heist.

I also found a great solo stealth mission for grinding cash/XP to, I was pretty much able to jump from level 1 to level 25 in a night to catch up with my friends.

So I picked up Payday 2 when it was on sale on Steam and started playing with some friends, I have to say I'm really enjoying the game.  It's fun to play with a bunch of people on skype and actually plan out the heists and then pray it all goes well.  We were so stoked when we pulled a perfect stealth run on a hard Go Bank heist.

I also found a great solo stealth mission for grinding cash/XP to, I was pretty much able to jump from level 1 to level 25 in a night to catch up with my friends.

This makes me sad. I love crime fiction, and love a good heist story (the Parker books by Richard Stark are some of my faves and Heat is my favourite film of all time) so this game seemed tailor made for me. Alas I had no friends to play it with online on PS3 and the solo campaign AI was shocking so I traded it in

New update to PS4 firmware coming that will enable Youtube integration and Share Play.  If you're both PS+ members, you can do local co-op on games with an online friend - even in games with no online option.

New update to PS4 firmware coming that will enable Youtube integration and Share Play. If you're both PS+ members, you can do local co-op on games with an online friend - even in games with no online option.

Is this another update after 2.0? If so any talk if it fixes the rest mode issue?

Slightly off topic but how does one install arcadeox for chrome? I've tried retrouprising but can't get it working on chrome.

Sadly it doesn't work on Chrome. So it's the only thing I use Firefox for.

This Frozen Synspse Prime game on PS+ seems pretty cool so far. Maybe a little more tactically hardcore than I'll be able to manage at later levels, but it oozes style and when you get a plan to work, you feel like a genius!

I am afraid to turn on my PS4 until they fix the 2.0 rest mode thing.  Poor PS4.  It better be fixed before AC comes out next week.

At least IGN has extensive coverage on their site for the problem.

And by extensive, I mean "not a single word".