DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

I was curious because my wife and I were playing as a team on the Lego Marvel Game and we are taking a break from it for now. She will tell you we have not had time for it. I will tell you she's not the best team player on a Lego game and gets frustrated too easy.

my first-impression review of Strike Suit Zero for PS4:

Really gorgeous compared to the PC version (on my admittedly somewhat outdated video card), finding it surprisingly much easier to play than on PC (either with KB/M or my Logitech gamepad). Using left analog for pitch/roll and right for pitch/yaw takes some getting used to, but once I had it down it's pretty easy. I still don't really have the hang of flying in robot mode; it feels like they try too hard to be cinematic and it comes off weird for me.

All in all, a pretty cool game if you've been missing Wing Commander-style space dogfighters, but as often as the PC version goes on sale for $2-5 on Steam I'm not sure I can recommend dropping sixteen bucks for the console version unless, like me, you have trouble playing the PC version for control-related or visual-impairment reasons (I had both, frankly).

I guess I'm not in the loop, but what the heck? It was hilarious, but there are really religious folks who do that? I though it was just a Simpsons parody

Yep, there are. Used to get a lot of coverage on 60 Minutes in the 80s and 90s.

Tabe is wrong. Anyways.

2) I am really bad at this. It never feels like it's cheating, it just feels like I suck.  Took me four tries to pass the first non-tutorial mission.

If it makes you feel any better, this feeling never went away and I made it to the end of the early access progression. Every time I passed a mission, "I can't believe that worked." 

It will get slightly easier when you start getting different ammo types. I wish I could tell you what I learned through my months of playing but I am currently drunk and they wiped my save anyways. So I guess the surface level version is "constantly stress test the gun construction system."

After 19 years on my pile I finally got around to play Earthbound.

I can see why this is considered a classic. I think I would have liked it even more, when I was a kid.

Now there's only three major SNES RPGs left I haven't played yet, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI and Super Mario RPG.

I really have to get around to play those one day.

The only problem right now with Mercenary Kings is that one of the trophies is unobtainable (the fastest times trophy). I'm a PS+ subscriber and I am planning on playing the game at some point (hopefully after the patch is issued).

Sounds like that trophy is now fixed - at least that's what is being said over ps3trophies.org.

With AC4 done until I change my mind and go for 100%, I went back to Arkham Asylum.  I dunno, just not feeling this game.  Can't really put a finger on it, it's just not clicking for me.  So I shelved that for the moment and went with:

Sleeping Dogs.  OK, this game ROCKS.  Pretty much loving everything about it.  Great graphics, structure, feel, etc.  The stats say I'm 23% done with the story already, even at only 4 hours into the game (with plenty of side missions completed).  That's a bit concerning though I know there's a ton of other stuff to fill time with if you're looking for a platinum.  Anyway, I can see this game keeping me busy for quite awhile...