DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I've liked a lot of Jake's movies the past decade.

Enemy

Prisoners

End of Watch

Source Code

Zodiac

I think he makes wise decisions on which movies to be in.

You're not alone. I've been pimping Jake for a long time now. I'm interested in anything he does. Jarhead wasn't bad either to add to your list.

Semi-related thought: If you've ever had cats you know they're generally pretty pissed off about traveling, being told to do stuff, getting handled, etc.

So there's a pretty good chance that Grumpy Cat, despite her appearance, wasn't all that pissed off before she became a sensation. But is now. I imagine having to be in a movie was deeply frustrating too.

YOU'VE CREATED A MONSTER, YOU FOOLS.

I love Aubrey Plaza. To an unhealthy degree, probably. With that being said, casting her as Grumpy Cat's voice is the second worst decision made in the production of this movie. She couldn't sound more bored.....and not in the charming Aubrey Plaza way. Or even in a "Grumpy Cat hates everything" way. Just plain bored.

Of course the FIRST worst decision in the production of this movie is....well, making it in the first place.

Grumpy Cat only really works on t-shirts and facebook memes.

When they try and get her to do things...eh, it doesn't work. She's a cat. They generally just want to be left alone. Dogs make better thespians because they're attention whores.

http://youtu.be/DHX1wXUqoB8

Watch through to the end

So unless I'm reading this trailer wrong, the Japanese gods are pissed and are raining vengeance down.

It's probably the most horrifying idea I've heard of.

That is number one and the best. 

I cannot wait for Weeaboos to run shrieking in terror once they figure out what is actually happening.  I have seen plenty of movies from Japanese directors that subtly criticize Japanese society and the amount of pure fetishism that exists in it (Spirited Away is the obvious one.), but I have never seen a movie that shows this level of comedic yet blatant disdain for the status quo.  Awesome!