DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

He was also fun in The Other Guys. That bit that was in the trailer where Will Ferrell introduces him to his wife (Eva Mendes) and Wahlberg says "No, but seriously, who is she?" cracks me up every single time.

Bizarrely, I'll watch pretty much anything if Wahlberg is in it. He has a certain earnestness to him, and he doesn't get enough credit for his comedic timing. Though, he is kinda corny too.

I'll probably give the Transformers movie a miss though.

I enjoyed 2 Guns. Fairly forgettable though. I don't even remember a nude scene, let alone it being Paula Patton.

Marky Mark is pretty much my favorite actor right now. Love his work.

Tom Hardy is my favorite current actor but like Mark too.  In addition to The Fighter he was also great in Boogie Nights, Lone Survivor, Departed, Shooter, The Other Guys, Ted and Pain & Gain.

I am all aboard for Donnie though. He was good in Ransom and I've seen Southie.

He's pretty much the only thing stopping Blue Bloods from becoming "every generic crime procedural ever."

And he never apologized to a plastic plant in a movie, so he's got that over his brother.

LOVED the Other Guys...

Me too.  The opening scene with Sam & the Rock slays me every time.  That outcome was just so unexpected for me.  And the interplay with Will & Marky is just hilarious.  I loved the explosion scene where they're rolling around on the ground half-deaf ripping on the movie cliche of explosions that don't cause hearing damage.  

I certainly haven't seen all of his movies but I don't know that I've seen one of his that I disliked.  I didn't much care for Boogie Nights but didn't dislike it either.  Need to rewatch it.

I think Rock Star might be my favorite of his movies.

• Like 1

You had me until I saw the YouTube embed featuring Shia LeBoeuf with Col. Blimp's moustache.

Oh come on, you don't want to see the movie that essentially ended LaBouef's career?

The ’80s action classic Predator is getting the reboot treatment from 20th Century Fox.

But before some purists cry foul, they should know that this reboot comes with an interesting attachment: Shane Black, the venerable screenwriter behind Lethal Weapon and writer-director of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3.
Black will write the treatment for the project, then will hand over scripting duties to Fred Dekker, his university chum with whom he wrote 1987’s Monster Squad. Black will oversee the writing and is also attached to direct.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598

Can't say I was a fan of Iron Man 3 but this sounds kind of interesting. 

predator-Hawkins.jpg

No, he's writing the treatment, Fred Dekker is writing the script.

Is it hard to imagine this could be better than PREDATORS? Predators was okay but far from great. I want to see something new, like Predator in the Middle East. At least Predator 2 tried something different.