DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

It was intended for the kids in Jr. High

Saw this after my last post, but is this true? I saw it in elementary school, but even then I was shocked at the difference between the cartoon and the live action version. Plus Casey Jones straight up MURDERS Shredder in the back of that garbage truck, or so we're lead to believe consider that...

In TMNT 2 we learn that Shredder is immune to death by garbage trucks.

I remember seeing it in the theatre and when Ralph yells Daaaaaaaaaamn after he lost his sai I totally lost my shit about it. THESE TURTLES SAY BAD WORDS!!

• Like 1

I started reading them just before I was allowed to ride my bike to the LCS. Prior to that, I convinced my parents to buy the comics for me, and was stunned at the content.

Aren't those worth a lot of money now?

It is aimed for kids, teenagers and adults with fond memories of watching the turtles as children. You were the one that brought up it was a Nickelodeon production which caused me to counter with Star Wars and Marvel movies are a Disney production.

Is it too hard to just let people like what they like without getting on a high horse and pretending that you are far too cool to ever enjoy anything that is not squarely marketed to thirty year old males.

Yes.

I started reading them just before I was allowed to ride my bike to the LCS. Prior to that, I convinced my parents to buy the comics for me, and was stunned at the content.

Aren't those worth a lot of money now?

Fuck loads. Although it was also one of the precursors to the comics industry implosion that could have proven to be ARMAGEDDONFORTHEMEDIUM!!!

I had a colorized, oversized paperback reprint of the first several issues that my mom bought me at Toys R Us and holy hell did it blow my mind how much darker and more violent it was than the cartoon.

Also, just how much it owed to Daredevil.

I had a colorized, oversized paperback reprint of the first several issues that my mom bought me at Toys R Us and holy hell did it blow my mind how much darker and more violent it was than the cartoon.

Also, just how much it owed to Daredevil.

My parents got me the graphic novels, probably under the impression that they were for kids.  I was around 8 at the time and was also blown away at all the graphic content.  When I saw the first two movies in the theater I was probably one of the few people in there that saw how they were kind of going for something in between those comics and the cartoon.  I still have those 4 graphic novels among the rest of my books.  One of these days I'm going to go about tracking down the rest of the series.

What kind of an adult, who may pay a mortgage or rent, would even bother going to Disney World? Fucking weirdos.

Or pay $600/year to go to Disneyland ANY DAY I WANTED TO!

What kind of an adult, who may pay a mortgage or rent, would even bother going to Disney World? Fucking weirdos.

The ability to go buy a Dole Whip any time I want is worth so much more than $600/year.

My girlfriend used to live out there and she had the pass as well. Sounded awesome.

Can't you just make Dole Whip at home for $4.00?

I know, I take the joy out of life! :)

It's not a real Dole Whip if you don't eat it while the birds sing words and the flowers croon.

• Like 3

My buddy has a huge TMNT tat on his side. Pretty sure he is the target market as much as anyone else....

Also, fuck yes I'm going to see it!!!

Yeah you are! The army grows stronger!

Also, what's with the Triforce design on the mo-cap suit?

If I wasn't so lazy - I would go back and find the posts where I pointed out how shitty Draft Day was going to be when the teaser came out and I was shouted down with "ESPN AND THE NFL ARE INVOLVED!!! IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE SHITTY!!!!"

I hope I wasn't one of those people. At the very least, I wouldn't think that ESPN's involvement would equal quality considering 90% of the programming on their flagship channel.

• Like 1