DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-30-13

MGFanJay

I would like to see more B-team shows. it would allow more time to get some of the lesser shown folks some time on the shows. It would allow more of a chance for the midcarders to get over if they are main eventers for the night. It would give the main eventers a break to rest. When the mains do show up, it would feel more special and be a pleasant surprise. That's just me.

Its like this.. The only way some people will be satisfied is if Bryan wins the world title and then goes on a year long run where he's taking on all challengers and winning every match. Its obvious that these people want a copy of Ring of Honor circa mid 2000s. But that's too bad.. I know some don't like to discuss ratings but ultimately it is the angles that sell the show. The wrestling has been great this year but it hasn't bumped the ratings.. WWE has always been story line driven and I don't see an issue with the current Bryan/Wyatt's feud.. its been entertaining and makes perfect sense.

When I read "wait and see" comments, all I see is: "I can change him. He loves me. He won't hit me again. It's my fault."

So what's your excuse for still watching?

Is there something wrong with this. We all enjoy watching the tag stuff, The Shield breakup, and Brock. But everyone here can see that this Wyatt angle is going to be 100% garbage. When you were here bitching about Punk as WWE Champ did we ask you why were you still watching? No, well then shut your hole!

When I read "wait and see" comments, all I see is: "I can change him. He loves me. He won't hit me again. It's my fault."

So what's your excuse for still watching?

Is there something wrong with this. We all enjoy watching the tag stuff, The Sheild breakup, and Brock. But everyone here can see that this Wyatt angle is going to be 100% garbage. When you were here bitching about Punk as WWE Champ did we ask you why were you still watching? No, well then shut your hole!

il_340x270.395452573_psrq.jpg

• Like 1

I kinda want Brock to join the Wyatt family.

Brock would look awesome with an out of control beard. I could see Brock as a survivalist living in Northern Idaho. Eventhough he was 15 at the time, Brock would have gone medieval on ATF and FBI agents at Ruby Ridge.

He had a pretty good one during his UFC days.

Brock-Lesnar-and-the-Oil-Caps-036.jpg

I kinda want Brock to join the Wyatt family.

Brock would look awesome with an out of control beard. I could see Brock as a survivalist living in Northern Idaho. Eventhough he was 15 at the time, Brock would have gone medieval on ATF and FBI agents at Ruby Ridge.

He had a pretty good one during his UFC days.

Brock-Lesnar-and-the-Oil-Caps-036.jpg

Hell, Shawn had a way better beard than that.

Having rewatched the ending.. Idk There was like no moment of heartbreak for the crowd. I get what they were going for and all, but DB's flat delivery wasn't strong enough. It took a while for the crowd to react to it?

It didn't register with me either. All I thought was, 'There goes Charlie Brown.'

Do you know how this is a good angle? Because there are so many friggin' routes it can go.

1) Does Bryan see this as a way to get revenge on Bray? He joins the Family and waits until the right time to finally get his hands on him, as he had no other way to do so.

2) Is Bryan that beaten and broken that he joins, only for his fans to turn him back?

3) Does Bryan turn The Wyatt Family face and they join forces to destroy The Authority?

3A) Is Kane working on the inside on behalf of The Wyatts and his former best friend/tag partner?

3B) Does this lead to an evening of the odds? The Wyatts take out The Shield, which was on the verge of disbanding due to personal ego as it is. Does Kane take out HHH and Shawn Michaels? Do Punk and Cena somehow get involved? Does Daniel Bryan finally get a chance at Randy Orton by himself?

Listen to the speech again -- Bryan says Bray was right because The Authority will never let him win. The odds are stacked against him. He needs help. His former allies have gone off to their own thing in the tag division. Bray's motivation for attacking Bryan was to convince him to join forces to take down the machine. Bryan's speech last night wasn't about how he can't beat Bray. It was about how Bray was right about this. And also, this slipped under the radar -- look at how the angle has unfolded. Whenever Bray speaks, Bryan has listened intently. This hasn't come out of nowhere. Bryan initially fought The Wyatt's out of pride. But now he's listened.

For those that hate this angle, what's the worst case scenario you see unfolding? And please put up a realistic answer.

Couple things still stuck in my head about RAW:

-I don't know if Axel slipped, but the way he ate that turnbuckle was fabulous.

-If I was a kid, Luke Harper is visually, the stuff of nightmares.

-So how is Brodus the heel in his angle?

-Erik Rowan rag-dolling Bryan over the announcers table was the coolest fucking thing he ever did.

-I wish Big E. wouldn't do the 4-time criss-cross to hit a splash.  Hit the ropes once please.

-What would've made that Bad News Barrett segment really good would've been after his bad news, the camera pans over to everybody on the stage looking all depressed.

-Aksana's music makes me feel funny in my pants.

-Poor Kofi.  Can't even beat the Great Khali in a popularity contest....

-"He's in the ropes you goof!"

-I'm digging Fandango's style a little bit.  He's not soft.

-Eva Marie really does have X-Pac heat.

-I'm also a fan of Aksana's elbow-to-the-back-of-the-head....driver.

And for all the talk about how the WWE doesn't create new stars -- guess what? They spent an entire 3/4's of a year making Daniel Bryan the most sympathetic wrestler possible. He's the second most popular babyface on the roster. He's more liked than CM Punk by the smarks. He's almost as beloved as Cena by the kids.

They trusted him to elevate a religious cult. The Wyatt Family have gone from feuding with Kane and mid-carders to spending an hour closing out Raw. The spot didn't go to Punk/Shield or Lesnar/Henry. It went to Bryan and The Wyatt Family. 

They put three guys who weren't on the main roster a year ago in the upper end of the card right now.

They also managed to get the intended reaction for Roman Reigns last night, with the chant for his name when Punk was looking for an opponent. They spent months making him a total beast. Now the payoff is going to start.

For those that hate this angle, what's the worst case scenario you see unfolding? And please put up a realistic answer.

Bryan becomes the Wyatt family's whipping boy, the audience begs for him to turn back, the wait and see bunch creams themselves in anticipation for a turn that only comes after Bryan has lost his heat, and when it finally does, and the crowd doesn't give a shit, you'll be telling us all "SEE? SEE? YOU JUST HAD TO WAIT!" at which point Bryan goes off and has a feud with Miz or something.

• Like 3

Bryan becomes the Wyatt family's whipping boy, the audience begs for him to turn back, the wait and see bunch creams themselves in anticipation for a turn that only comes after Bryan has lost his heat, and when it finally does, and the crowd doesn't give a shit, you'll be telling us all "SEE? SEE? YOU JUST HAD TO WAIT!" at which point Bryan goes off and has a feud with Miz or something.

When has Bryan lost his heat in the past?

The ratings, which shouldn't matter but still do, show a drop off during the final hour with no Cena around, its blamed on Bryan and the Wyatt's, and we're back to more Orton and Cena while the Wyatts split up, Rowan's repackaged and Bray's sent back to NXT, and Bryan goes back to pre-intermission house show matches fueding with Kofi.

When has Bryan lost his heat in the past?

He's the only guy possible who could somehow become even more popular after losing at WM in under 20 seconds. And he exploded because of Team Hell No. The guy has a track record of being teflon.

I would like credit again (for those who don't follow our Twitter feed) for calling Kofi finishing 3rd

Again - I am kinda curious - assuming it was a legit fan vote - that if last minute voting swung Khali's way after Sandow did the whole "If I lose, I quit" thing

Granted - you would think WWE fans dedicated enough to download and vote on the app would be savy enough to know that Khali wouldn't get the job done.