DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-30-13

MGFanJay

This show was definitely a mixed bag for me. I enjoyed CM Punk/Seth Rollins. I like the dissention and slow cracks among the Shield. I'd be more pumped to see when Seth Rollins finally turns on Dean Ambrose than Roman Reigns.

Brock Lesnar/Mark Henry was awesome. I haven't bought a WWE ppv in a very long time, but I'd but I'd buy a ppv w/ Mark Henry vs. Brock Lesnar on it.

I also enjoyed Big E./Fandango.

I don't know how I feel about Bryan joining the Wyatt family. I'm pretty sure it leads to Bryan turning on them and finally getting his match against Bray.  I generally have enjoyed the Wyatt family, but lately something hasn't been clicking for me. I can't put my finger on it. I enjoyed the initial vignettes, but something is lacking. I love characters based around religion and cult leader characters, but I feel like WWE is afraid to go too far with the Wyatt family. I don't think the creative team really knows where they're going with Bryan and the Wyatt's. The match itself between Bryan and Luke Harper was awesome. I could watch them wrestle every week.

I can't wait for Total Divas season 2 when Brie is forced to go live with Bryan in a dilapidated cabin in the swap-filled woods while Nikki smirks about how amazing life in Cena's vast mansion is.

At least in the swamp cabin you can put your gym clothes in any hamper you like.....

"So, like, Bryan and Bray kidnapped a hitchhiker and tied him up in the basement. They say they want to axe-murder him later on. I'm a little nervous about this. This whole "cabin" thing isn't the adventure I expected it to be. But, you know, at least I have a man that will commit to me. Unlike Nikki!"

• Like 2

If they are heels, and Bryan is being corrupted, then that can't mean HHH/Step, but Cena/Punk/whatever other babyface is on top.  If notghing else, that means the Wyatt's have to start meaning something more than they have so far.

Again, Psycho Hillbillies. I'd be fine with them going after Cena because he is the face of the WWE (hence part of The Machine) but I'd like to see them go after the Shield/HHH as well. Just attack everybody. Be a force for wanton chaos.

Yep, the more I think about it, the more excited I get. I think Bryan hit a ceiling with all the YES! and scrappy underdog who keeps getting screwed stuff. This team up, especially with Bray being possibly the best promo guy in the business right now, is a tremendous move.

I love the heavy denial on this thread that the Lesnar annihilation of Mark Henry in sixty seconds is somehow going to turn into a Lesnar-Henry feud.  Henry was fodder designed to put Brock over.  At best, we get one more match where Brock kills him in five minutes until Big E makes the save.  This isn't 2011 anymore.

• Like 1

I'm tired of the Wyatt's. I signed up for Country Music, anal rape, and Bray instructing Harper & Rowan, while he drinks Moonshine liquor from a jug that has XXX on the outside. But I end up getting repackaged Orton gimmick 3.0.

• Like 3

I'm kind of amazed anyone, especially here, are again doubting Bryan or worrying that he'll be defeated by a questionable angle.  Watching him work this turn is just another chance to see him overcome another challenge.  The last two years of his career have been one after another, and that in itself has been the most compelling running storyline in the company.

If you're a fan of his WWE work, then you've watched him overcome some of the trasditionally worst angles you can be handed: being the loser in a wedding angle, having the losing-streak gimmick, being the midget in a mismatched comedy tag team.  Jesus.  And now he gets the chance to tackle what is consistently one of the worst angles you can have dumped on you...the babyface forced or selling out to join to heel stable.

Cena couldn't do it well.  Shit, Steve Austin did with questionably.  Even Shawn Michaels has looked bad doing the sad walk off the stage after giving in to the bad guys.  It almost always falls flat.  Now the message board gets to watch the message board's darling once again show everyone how to take shit booking and actually make it work.  How many times does he have to do this before we stop questioning him? 

I just can't worry about the dude anymore.  I have seldom been more confidant about anything than about Daniel Bryan's ability to be the one guy who can do this stupid angle that they keep trying.  no matter what stupid twists they write into this, once he's in the ring, he will sell the shit out of it and it will be believable and fun.

Now, I was also extremely confidant that Dolph Ziggler would have the greatest world title run of this generation.  But..you know...let's just leave that aside.

• Like 5

I can't wait for Total Divas season 2 when Brie is forced to go live with Bryan in a dilapidated cabin in the swap-filled woods while Nikki smirks about how amazing life in Cena's vast mansion is.

At least in the swamp cabin you can put your gym clothes in any hamper you like.....

"So, like, Bryan and Bray kidnapped a hitchhiker and tied him up in the basement. They say they want to axe-murder him later on. I'm a little nervous about this. This whole "cabin" thing isn't the adventure I expected it to be. But, you know, at least I have a man that will commit to me. Unlike Nikki!"

Brie would be completely on-board with going to a cabin, and picking off random joggers. Her Total Divas character has a total irrational belief in everything she and Bryan do together.

Nikki would be the sex-crazed camper who would get killed after she took off her shirt; started drinking, and asked everyone for some pot. She'd be screaming for her boyfriend John, the captain of the football team, to help her, but he'd already have been offed by the goat-mask killers*.

*Super Cena would kill all of the goat-faces, Jason, Freddy and would then fend off a late run-in by Suspiria.

Brie would be completely on-board with going to a cabin, and picking off random joggers. Her Total Divas character has a total irrational belief in everything she and Bryan do together.

Nikki would be the sex-crazed camper who would get killed after she took off her shirt; started drinking, and asked everyone for some pot. She'd be screaming for her boyfriend John, the captain of the football team, to help her, but he'd already have been offed by the goat-mask killers*.

Huh, any real fan of Total Divas would instantly recall Brie Mode.

I kinda want Brock to join the Wyatt family.

Brock would look awesome with an out of control beard. I could see Brock as a survivalist living in Northern Idaho. Eventhough he was 15 at the time, Brock would have gone medieval on ATF and FBI agents at Ruby Ridge.

Man, the Bryan/Wyatt's thing sucks. I know some people here live by the "Let's wait and see" mantra, but the WWE lost my ability to give them the benefit of the doubt after the Authority/Bryan angle. 

Either Bryan turns on them and topples Bray Wyatt, or he is actually a heel and the WWE just killed their hottest babyface. Either way, one of them is going to come out of this looking really lame. I don't see how anyone wins. 

It makes this angle look even dumber when on the other side of things, you have CM Punk single-handedly tearing apart The Shield.

Nikki: What did you just say?

Brie: What?

Nikki: You told me just a few minutes ago that you didn't remember. You blacked out. So how do you know about her neck?

Brie: [breaking character] Well... good for you, Nikki. I was going to let it go at that. You were looking so happy just now. I was thinking... To tell you the truth, I'm glad you figured it out because I have been dying to tell you. I just didn't know who you'd wanna hear it from. Brie or Brie Mode, Brie Mode or Brie. Well, I'll let you in on a client... attorney-privilege type of secret. It don't matter who you hear it from. It's the same story. 

I j-j-just... had to kill that hitchhiker, Nikki.

• Like 3

and it's just as easily possible that Punk's sometime tag partner is using this as a chance to tear apart the Wyatt Family from the inside out, and maybe get some revenge on The Authority while he's at it. Fuckin' smarks, I swear. Shit only ended an hour ago and we're already predicting it's demise. Jesus.

• Like 4

Nikki: What did you just say?

Brie: What?

Nikki: You told me just a few minutes ago that you didn't remember. You blacked out. So how do you know about her neck?

Brie: [breaking character] Well... good for you, Nikki. I was going to let it go at that. You were looking so happy just now. I was thinking... To tell you the truth, I'm glad you figured it out because I have been dying to tell you. I just didn't know who you'd wanna hear it from. Brie or Brie Mode, Brie Mode or Brie. Well, I'll let you in on a client... attorney-privilege type of secret. It don't matter who you hear it from. It's the same story. 

I j-j-just... had to kill that hitchhiker, Nikki.

Every Diva: BRIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE MOOOOOOOOOOOODE

#BrieMode was the best part of Total Divas. She was like Yoda, but sexier, drunker, and taller. She probably wasn't green either, but idk.

Re: Barrett.. Tonight was the first night I dug the gimmick. I mean, what kind of arsehole (whom is already like 10 ft tall) emerges from the ground just to go like 20 feet in the air on a platform. The more ridiculous the presentation the better imo

Man, the Bryan/Wyatt's thing sucks. I know some people here live by the "Let's wait and see" mantra, but the WWE lost my ability to give them the benefit of the doubt after the Authority/Bryan angle. 

Either Bryan turns on them and topples Bray Wyatt, or he is actually a heel and the WWE just killed their hottest babyface. Either way, one of them is going to come out of this looking really lame. I don't see how anyone wins. 

It makes this angle look equally as stupid when on the other side of things, you have CM Punk single-handedly tearing apart The Shield.

But this is part of The Authority angle. Bryan joined them because he's convinced he can't beat The Authority (Machine) alone.

• Like 1