DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 12/27/13

victor

Hi me again spoilers #3 for next week's Smackdown as WWE shuts down for Christmas. Looks like a good show.

* John Cena comes out first and to a surprisingly loud (and somewhat unified) pop. He asks to face Randy Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match on the program, but is interrupted by  The Shield. They beat Cena mercilessly, until Mark Henry comes in for the save, then the both of them get attacked and abused by the Shield.

WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E. Langston then comes out and the faces get the upper hand on Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns. Kane then arrives to make the matches for the show. Langston vs. Ambrose, Reigns vs. Henry, and Rollins vs. Cena.

1.) The Wyatt Family (w/Bray Wyatt) def. The Usos. Bray hit the ring after the match was over to hit “Sister Abigail” and end the segment.

* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton is interviewed by Renee Young. Dolph Ziggler interrupts him however, and a Kane makes a match between the two of them for later on in the program.

2.) Antonio Cesaro def. Cody Rhodes.

3.) Prime Time Players def. Curtis Axel / Ryback.

4.) *WWE World Heavyweight Champion* Randy Orton def. Dolph Ziggler. Orton wins a great match with the RKO.

5.) Daniel Bryan def. Damien Sandow. After the match, Bray Wyatt comes out to cut a promo on Bryan and discusses Bryan joining the Wyatt Family again. Bray gets some good heat during the promo.

6.) Big E. Langston def. Dean Ambrose. 

7.) Roman Reigns def. Mark Henry. 

8.) John Cena def. Seth Rollins. This was said to have been an excellent match and it closed out the program.

(Dark Match Main Event: John Cena vs. Randy Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Cena wins by DQ.

Isn't Ambrose vs Big E a champion vs champion match? How often does that happen?

More often than you think now - especially since they don't care about the US Title (and they used to not care about the IC title)

It really wouldn't shock me if at the Rumble Langson and Ambrose are unifying the IC and US belts

I was bored so I looked it up myself.

He won it at Extreme Rules in May.

He has had a whooping 11 defenses since then (I included the defense on NXT). Of course - he has only won 3 times clean (and shocker that was twice over Ziggler and once over Kofi)

He last defense was the Raw after HITC (also against Langston)

And if we do follow the 30 day rule - he should have been stripped in August as he defended it July 10 on NXT and then not again till August 18 at Summerslam.

And if you don't count the NXT defense (since the July 10 date is the taping date - I dont know when it aired) - he went from June 17 - August 18 without a defense

And if we do follow the 30 day rule - he should have been stripped in August as he defended it July 10 on NXT and then not again till August 18 at Summerslam.

And if you don't count the NXT defense (since the July 10 date is the taping date - I dont know when it aired) - he went from June 17 - August 18 without a defense

Are house shows included in 30 day rule?

AMBROSE: The Intercontinental Title has always been referred to as the “workhorse title,” because it was defended more frequently and more feverishly. Right now, I look at the United States Championship that way. I’ve defended that thing on four continents and more countries than I can remember. I take a lot of pride in that.

www.wwe.com/inside/should-wwe-unify-intercontinental-and-united-states-titles-26170268

Orton-Dolph was good, while the Shield-a-thon was incredible. Big E-Ambrose was simple, while Reigns-Henry was impressive, and Cena-Rollins was a PPV main event-level match. Rollins got his best singles showcase to date, and had this been on a meaningful Raw show, it would be remembered for a long time.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/sd-12-27-13.html

Screens -

a267e5297486787.jpg

7da9dd297486861.jpg

dd5ceb297486783.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/94sodqvuithf9hfbm84qmny4yimmxr16

Holy cow - yeah, they've gotta run Cena/Rollins on Raw with that amount of time. I'm concerned that Cena, with his injuries, is getting a little too deep into the Hogan routine of sell, sell, sell, comeback, win, though. I mean, selling has always been his thing but since his comeback it's getting especially formula.  But yeah, Rollins came off as a star in this one. I might have liked the Bryan match from the gauntlet a few months before but this is right there with it.

I'm starting to think that Ambrose is falling into that trap of "we can beat him because his talking will keep him over." Clearly he's being positioned as the actual "weak link" of the group to provide fodder for when he eventually double-crosses them, but I guess if his character is supposed to the cocky quasi-leader who's generally the most ineffective one then they're doing a good job.