DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

It was great.  Austin's said a few times that he prefers doing face-to-face interviews so he probably hasn't had a chance.  Jericho mentioned this was done backstage before SummerSlam.

Interested to see if they get into any of their own personal history in part two. 

It was great. Austin's said a few times that he prefers doing face-to-face interviews so he probably hasn't had a chance. Jericho mentioned this was done backstage before SummerSlam.

Interested to see if they get into any of their own personal history in part two.

The Penn State title change would seem to be one of the big things to discuss, along with the WM feud and steph's dog.

Part 2 went way too fast. I'm torn between turning into a mark for Businessman Triple H and remembering all the stories of him politicking and burying through the years (the Alex Greenfield story about him destroying the original RVD/World Title reign during the brand split comes to mind) but fuck it, he's the king, let's hope the NXT Generation is the key.

I legitimately can't wait for Vince to finally give up so HHH can take over completely.  Yeah, the guy has his own issues but nothing is as bad as Vince's straight-up lunacy.  I don't think HHH has anywhere near the self-loathing Vince has about being involved with "wrestling," for one thing.

It'll be interesting who fills the "Vince" role of having final say on all decisions. While Triple H seems to being groomed for it, let's not forget he has a McMahon for a wife, and she hasn't always been known to be the most rational person.

It'll be interesting who fills the "Vince" role of having final say on all decisions. While Triple H seems to being groomed for it, let's not forget he has a McMahon for a wife, and she hasn't always been known to be the most rational person.

Had to piss in my cornflakes didn't ya?  :P

Oh man, the Marc Mero dig was classic. Mero must be a running gag at WWE. I also loved the mindset of the Monday Night Wars and the heat that was on Jericho. I remember there being heat on Jericho because he hurt Chyna or something, but it had more to do with the WWE guys protecting their turf.

After all the hype, i was underwhelmed by part 2 of HHH stuff. Maybe it was because they didnt talk about what i wanted to hear, but i was glad they talked about the psu match and the tag match from San Jose. Not bad, mind you.

Maybe the WCW. Stuff in part one will grab me more

I legitimately can't wait for Vince to finally give up so HHH can take over completely.  Yeah, the guy has his own issues but nothing is as bad as Vince's straight-up lunacy.  I don't think HHH has anywhere near the self-loathing Vince has about being involved with "wrestling," for one thing.

Me too, but not because I have some kind of hatred for Vince or anything, but it's pretty clear the big, new sweeping changes that need to happy aren't gonna happen until Vince is out.

Part 1 is the better of the two HHH segments, though I got a laugh out of Jericho running the Jean-Paul Levesque promo with drunken Gordon Solie.... from here:

http://youtu.be/LsMQKOxrJx8

His accent is in the most baffling since the Mark Gullen introduction of Teijo Khan from Memphis.

Anyway, Mark Mero sure is the butt of jokes from WWE guys.  I mean, unless he was stiffing the hell out of guys, it didn't seem like was that terrible match wise.  I think a lot of the bitterness from Mick and Austin were over the deal that Mero got.

And Jericho's "tribute" to Joan was kinda odd.  I figured he'd go the high road and do a "if you don't have anything nice to say", but whatever.

Man, that Mark Gullen promo is one of my favorite things ever. He sounds like he's trying to do some kind of Orson Welles impression or something and it's tremendous. Wrestling needs a Mark Gullen character right now, just some rich guy traveling the world bringing monsters in to beat the shit out of John Cena.

"And Billy Travis...we will brrrreak youuuu!"

For my money the most baffling accent I've ever heard is Jon Voight's in Anaconda.

Part 1 is the better of the two HHH segments, though I got a laugh out of Jericho running the Jean-Paul Levesque promo with drunken Gordon Solie.... from here:

http://youtu.be/LsMQKOxrJx8

His accent is in the most baffling since the Mark Gullen introduction of Teijo Khan from Memphis.

Anyway, Mark Mero sure is the butt of jokes from WWE guys.  I mean, unless he was stiffing the hell out of guys, it didn't seem like was that terrible match wise.  I think a lot of the bitterness from Mick and Austin were over the deal that Mero got.

And Jericho's "tribute" to Joan was kinda odd.  I figured he'd go the high road and do a "if you don't have anything nice to say", but whatever.

HHH's accent in that promo is like someone doing a bad Claudio Castagnoli impression.

Man, that Mark Gullen promo is one of my favorite things ever. He sounds like he's trying to do some kind of Orson Welles impression or something and it's tremendous. Wrestling needs a Mark Gullen character right now, just some rich guy traveling the world bringing monsters in to beat the shit out of John Cena.

"And Billy Travis...we will brrrreak youuuu!"

For my money the most baffling accent I've ever heard is Jon Voight's in Anaconda.

I've insisted that Gullen sounds like the Heel Pro Wrestling Manager equivalent of J Peterman from Seinfeld.  Is this Jarrett's yard?

• Like 2