DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

c'mon guys, Santino maintaining kayfabe is wonderful! I love that him and Undertaker are the only WWE dudes who never break. And good for Santino, dude has made a shit-ton of money and sold a shit-ton of merch while riding a comedy character for 7 years.

• Like 1

Jericho kinda throwing Fandango under the bus. :) "I could have worked Fandango and it would have been fine but I wanted to have a great match so I asked to work with you (Cesaro)."

I thought it was funny, but I'm not sure Fandango would deny that Cesaro is a better match worker. Jericho was and still is clearly a bit miffed about doing the job for Fandango at Wrestlemania and I think that's pretty understandable. Jericho was, at the end of his last run, taken out by Ryback. I am sure Jericho wants a match with Daniel Bryan and he will come back, but I think he will be more careful next time.

Jericho was and still is clearly a bit miffed about doing the job for Fandango at Wrestlemania

I think this is the exact opposite of the truth.

Jericho was and still is clearly a bit miffed about doing the job for Fandango at Wrestlemania

Jericho does seem to be one of those "respect the business" guys, and he would like to help guys get good in the ring. 

He also recognizes that he is an established guy and wins and losses do not matter. He even took fans to task for the wins and losses thing by pointing out all of the wins he had last year after fans were complaining "that he came back and jobbed every week."

D-Bryan interview was good.  Excited for part 2.  I love that CrossFit continues to get some talk in the wrestling community.  Seth Rollins- World's Fittest Wrestler.  

It makes sense that a wrestler would dig a fake sport!

• Like 1

As a "Crossfitter" and a sometimes Crossfit instructor, I approve the above post.

However, for guys like Bryan and Seth who can just GO in the ring, a regimet of Crossfit and some StrongMan/Oly Lifting will help them a LOT.

• Like 1

Really enjoying the "covers that shouldn't have happened" segment. The sort of thing me and my friends would talk about on a road trip.

Tiny gripe: The clip he played of Limp Bizkit's cover of "Behind Blue Eyes" didn't adequately do justice to how horrible a cover it was. It was a bit of Durst's uninspired vocals, but it left out the bit of utter horribleness that they unleashed later.

• Like 1

Jericho does seem to be one of those "respect the business" guys, and he would like to help guys get good in the ring. 

He also recognizes that he is an established guy and wins and losses do not matter. He even took fans to task for the wins and losses thing by pointing out all of the wins he had last year after fans were complaining "that he came back and jobbed every week."

I missed this. He has stated that he was not in love with the Fandango spot at WM, but did his best with what he was given.

I think Jericho deliberately plays the role of the guy that likes to helps the younguns, but his losses did matter and I doubt we'll see him rush back to have a similar midcard run again.