DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia Catch-All Thread 2014

Graham Crackers

Hash isn't retiring or anything, he's just going freelance and wants to create his own path in his career separate from his father which is a smart idea.

Don't really keep up with news for Japan like I used to. Anyone know, how long ago did Mad Man Pondo start working BJW again? Was just thinking a few days ago it'd be cool to see him back and then I saw his name in the results for today.

I don't think he's worked for them in like 8-10 years. I don't see the point of him getting booked at this point. I guess maybe he'll still bump like an idiot and curse a lot and make funny faces. yeah, what am I saying, he deserves to get booked all the time.

As far as post FMW promotions are you talking current or since FMW ended 12 years ago? Fuyuki Army had a great four month stretch from September-December 2003 that was the closest to what FMW was. WMF in 2002 was pretty good as well.

If you are talking about current promotions there is only two really at this point. FREEDOMS can range from good to just boring and Apache Army most of the time just isn't very good. Kanemura vs. Kishiwada from 7/14/13 was probably the only thing I have seen recently that I liked from Apache.

As far as post FMW promotions are you talking current or since FMW ended 12 years ago? Fuyuki Army had a great four month stretch from September-December 2003 that was the closest to what FMW was. WMF in 2002 was pretty good as well.

If you are talking about current promotions there is only two really at this point. FREEDOMS can range from good to just boring and Apache Army most of the time just isn't very good. Kanemura vs. Kishiwada from 7/14/13 was probably the only thing I have seen recently that I liked from Apache.

Current, BAHU. Stuff like SHIN FMW, SHIN W*ING, XWF, & the stuff like that.

"Current, BAHU. Stuff like SHIN FMW, SHIN W*ING, XWF, & the stuff like that."

None of those are current. Shin-W*ING and XWF ended in 2010. XWF didn't have anything make video after their first show in 2008. XWF became the Apache Army that I talked about in the other post.

Shin-FMW for all purposes ended in 2011. They still run every couple of months but it's just the smallest of independent wrestlers working very small shows and has nothing to do with FMW. Nothing from them has made tape since 2010 though. I went to one show live in 2010 and it was a fun main event live because the wrestlers are brawling all around you but the rest of the show sucked and I don't think the brawling translates to video because everything on the video I saw from other shows was not good.

Since we have no Themeaddict thread this board, I've been going nuts trying to find Ishii and Shibata's themes (mostly to stick them in WWE 2K14 since I found outstanding Okada and Nakamura) and I think Ishii's gets overdubbed on iPPV's.  Anyone have them or know what they are?

As an aside, anyone know what the Hellraisers (Hawk and Sasaki's Power Warrior gimmick" came out to?

Since we have no Themeaddict thread this board, I've been going nuts trying to find Ishii and Shibata's themes (mostly to stick them in WWE 2K14 since I found outstanding Okada and Nakamura) and I think Ishii's gets overdubbed on iPPV's.  Anyone have them or know what they are?

As an aside, anyone know what the Hellraisers (Hawk and Sasaki's Power Warrior gimmick" came out to?

Hellraiser

Don't really keep up with news for Japan like I used to. Anyone know, how long ago did Mad Man Pondo start working BJW again? Was just thinking a few days ago it'd be cool to see him back and then I saw his name in the results for today.

He came back last week since BJW is really short on talent right now. Sekimoto just returned from a knee injury, Yoshihito, Takeda, and WX are all out with knee injuries, Sasaki having to get another surgery in March. Okabayashi's out as well for about a year with a shoulder injury. So the companies hurting a bit and Pondo doesn't cost much I'm sure.

Hellraiser

Yep. Seems too obvious to be true, but that was their theme.