DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

Chono vs Dave was a neat little move. It had been all 1 shot jobbers on the Pro vs Onoo’s guys for all those weeks leading up to Starrcade. This was the main event of the last Pro, the Saturday morning before Starrcade. 

EDIT: Wow was I wrong on that one. Just looked it up. Also saw where Sasaki lost to OMG in a dark match “after” Starrcade?

Edited by BloodyChamp

Monsoon Classic is back Jack!

With the way styles change over a decade or two I think Craig Pittman would have been bigger now than he was back when he was active. The tough fucker with a martial arts background who got in the game late has became more common in the last couple of years.

Edited by Web Conn

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2021 at 8:54 AM, BloodyChamp said:

Chono vs Dave was a neat little move. It had been all 1 shot jobbers on the Pro vs Onoo’s guys for all those weeks leading up to Starrcade. This was the main event of the last Pro, the Saturday morning before Starrcade. 

EDIT: Wow was I wrong on that one. Just looked it up. Also saw where Sasaki lost to OMG in a dark match “after” Starrcade?

IIRC, Sasaki actually won the match but they edited it to make it look like Gang won so they could get the US title off Sasaki, 

• Like 1

Here’s a hot take from hell - Chris and Dusty talking history and making jokes about history was every bit as good as JR and Jim Cornette doing it. They did that all the time on the Prime. I wonder how that came to be, while it almost never happened on the other shows. 

I have another one. What would have been just as awesome as Sabu like we know him would have been Sabu doing Steve Austin in WCW. Make it look like he was trying to come up with the perfect leg drop like the immortal one while he did his 97,578 variations of it, only to never do it quite right.

• 5 months later...

The shows went back and forth between the 3 tiers over time depending on who was in charge, baseball, whether or not your champion was in the WWF or not, etc. 

I probably never saw the Power Hour as it aired. I only saw it whenever my Uncle taped it and in my mind back then everything was an A show. 

plus the Rob Naylors of the world who didn't have TBS had to depend on the syndicated shows (by the time I started watching, Pro and Worldwide were both in syndication on the same channel on different days), and for a time Worldwide/Pro/Saturday Night were all in different universes.

Of all the booking committees in WCW, it's sorta surprising they didn't do a booking committee of having a booker for specific TV shows. At least more often than Jimmy Hart and Saturday Night.

• 3 months later...

may have posted this at some point already, but have this match where the Armstrong brothers are for some reason going by the name the James Brothers. (i have to assume this was to sync with their brother over on the wwf show?) i think this was the only time they used this name.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Can someone with a better memory refresh me: I remember Pro being on Sundays at 5:05, but I just caught a clip from Main Event which was a PPV pre-show for a BATB. When was that schedule change made?

Wasn't Pro at 9:05am Saturdays after they canceled the Power Hour and Main Event Sundays at 6:05?

• Like 1

I was just watching a match from Pro, and Dusty mentions emphatically that it’s a morning show like half a dozen times in eight minutes. I’m assuming it was to make sure the other announcers wouldn’t mess up the continuity. Incidentally, that Pro studio setup is awesome.