DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

2000 WCW checking in (the video package, yes, Tank Abbott had a video package, was tremendous too, and they broke Big Tank Abbott news (an impending title match), on WCW Saturday Night):

and they fit 12 matches into WCWSN that night (including Regal's final WCW match v. Duggan). And Villano V wrestled Barbarian directly after IV lost to Tank Abbott. BTW, remember when Sid used the Crippler Crossface? well, that's the ending to Sid v. Tank Abbott. Not sure who was less suited for late 90s WCW, Tank Abbott or the Sandman

This is the Kid Romeo vs. Alan Funk match I mentioned a few pages back

And since I was futzing around - I put up the Christopher Daniels vs. Funk (doing the Kwee Wee gimmick) match.

RIPPA, do you have airdates on the two Regal v Finlay matches? Thanks!

The one where it is Bruiser vs. Regal (the first one I posted) appears to have aired on April 13, 1996 (it was taped April 10, 1996)

I think - THINK - the one from Main Event is 12/20/97

Chris Jericho said on his podcast with Chavo that 70% of the roster at the Worldwide tapings were either hungover or drunk.  There would also be about 100 people there, so that explains some of the reason those shows were so damn random. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It really bothers me that they block stuff like that but can't be bothered to put any of it on the Network. I actually said somewhere on this board that as long as BillWattsEra was around I didn't need any WWE Network. Fuck. I should've knocked on wood

It really bothers me that they block stuff like that but can't be bothered to put any of it on the Network. I actually said somewhere on this board that as long as BillWattsEra was around I didn't need any WWE Network. Fuck. I should've knocked on wood

if anything did BWE in, it was his posting of WCW PPV matches on his channel. Can't just post *everything* because it doesn't take a lot of violations to shut down a channel, and if you're posting stuff running that'll be on the WWE Network, you're gonna have a bad time

Losing TSteck on dailymotion was the big hit. It's probably going to be five years before they put up 1/10th of what he had. 

The weird thing about his stuff on Dailymotion is the way you can still access a lot of his videos, as long as someone put them in a playlist. If you try to watch it outside of the playlist then it's a dead link, but I was able to watch a few Garden shows this way.

• Like 1

The guy who runs the Moonsoon Classic YouTube page states they'll sweep an entire block of stuff from his channel (like all episodes of Saturday Night, or all matches of one random dude) but WWE is also tagging remaining videos so they get a kick back of the YouTube ads. It's pretty crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

I emailed them asking them when they will be putting up C-shows from WCW and WWE. Hell, I want to see some Shotgun Sat. Night and Jakked! Not to mention Super Astros

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

WWE Network killed this thread I see. Just watched that Ohtani/Konemoto vs. American Males match. I like, I like. I wish WCW would have appointed someone to remember which Japanese wrestlers used which themes. Ohtani/Konemoto used "Ligers" theme

Thanks to whoever bumped this thread, looking forward to reliving many good matches from the old days of the CULT OF WORLDWIDE~! when I'm not at work. Pretty sure many of these matches earned the coveted FULL WORDLWIDE~! POINT.