DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC

Brian Fowler

AJ Lee sure is being punished.

Goldust/Cody vs. Big Show/Rey vs. Rybaxel vs. Americans was god damn good.

And, yay, more Randy Orton as champion.  Yay.  I do always love the visual of a guy with multiple belts.

I kept expecting, you know, SOMETHING to happen with The Authority at the end.

Yeah, WWE World Heavyweight Champion is a name that actually is good, as opposed to Unified Champion, or Champion of Champions, or whatever else they'd been running with the last couple of weeks.

Punk beating The Shield was a bit of a surprise to me.  Bryan vs. The Wyatts was pretty good for what it was.  I'm not sure it's possible to have a truly great 3-on-1 Handicap match.

Brodus Clay turning heel and calling himself "The Main Event Player" would probably have worked better if he had beaten R-Truth.

Miz and Kofi getting a "boring" chant warmed my heart.

Not much of a show, overall.

The main was okay but not great and not awful. Not much drama or anything to the match and I thought they hot shotted the finish. It was little more than a hardcore match that just happened to feature a ladder.

Didn't really like the rest of the show. Shield/Punk and DB/Wyatt's were fine but nothing that felt above Raw level and the tag match was okay but not great. Kofi/Miz sucked as did Truth/Clay. Women's match was there.

Did not expect a clean finish, and I thought it was a pretty unique counter Cena used.. The bar for this match to be actually considered good, however, was way too high, because we've seen this way too much.

And yeah, the tag team scene keeps getting better and better.

It's amazing to me how quickly Randy Orton has gone from "guy who always gets huge pops no matter what he is doing" to the crowds coast to coast just not giving a single shit about him. 

That Cena bump was something sick at the end.  And the Cena Face to close out the show was nice.

I thought the match itself was fine. Orton really is bland as all hell, though. Cena at least didn't break the handcuffs this time.

I liked that the word was Punk winning due to him being pissed off at how he's being booked, so he gets to go over The Shield, who has the supposed Golden Boy. Meanwhile, Bryan rolls over and gets pinned clean as a sheet by the Wyatts. There wasn't even a hint of dissension in The Shield, either, although I guess that's coming tomorrow.

So, if this show's buyrates suck, Cena's to blame, not Orton, right?

The tag was good, Goldust continues to bring the fucking awesome.

A TLC PPV with only one gimmick match just felt wrong though.

Shit, they should have swerved us, held up the title, and had the winner of the Royal Rumble win both belts.

In a vacuum, I'd agree with you on that, but the company was in desperate need of a clean and decisive finish on ppv.

Shit, they should have swerved us, held up the title, and had the winner of the Royal Rumble win both belts.

In a vacuum, I'd agree with you on that, but the company was in desperate need of a clean and decisive finish on ppv.

Maybe they shouldn't have decided that the way to go was to fuck around the last 4 then.

• Like 2

PPV overall was OK. YouTube match was fine. I mark for a good Alabama Jam. Main event was underwhelming. All the matches they added last second, like the Clay/Truth & Miz/Kofi matches were fucking dreadful. Woman's match was OK, glad AJ retained. Tag match was, eh, just OK to me. Wyatt's was fun. Story advance for Shield is OK for me but was weird that went first. Match wasn't much.

Just OK but I don't regret watching it. The commentary is fucking dreadful at this point. How can have 3-man commentary have that much dead air??

The finish in the main event seemed like it was blown to me or something. The PPV ended really early, there was a lot of stalling, Cena looked concussed & Orton looked confused. I dunno.

They did make it a point to say there was going to be "one champion".