DVDVR Message Board

Ryback/Punk Nonsense

Craig H

Has there been a "monster" wrestler that has been squashed as much as Ryback? Jesus, at this point, he received the same push Tazz received in WWE. Comes in big and the drops off like a rock.

What has Ryback exactly done to sustain the monster push they gave him? He's decent enough but how much legs did "FEED ME MORE" really have? His bully heel stuff was fun but that's not exactly a main event deal. He's good in matches with elite wrestlers but that's about it. And if the rumors are true, a lot of guys don't like working with him because of how reckless he is. He almost took a few years of Punk's career a few months back.

What has Ryback exactly done to sustain the monster push they gave him? He's decent enough but how much legs did "FEED ME MORE" really have? His bully heel stuff was fun but that's not exactly a main event deal. He's good in matches with elite wrestlers but that's about it. And if the rumors are true, a lot of guys don't like working with him because of how reckless he is. He almost took a few years of Punk's career a few months back.

He got jobbed out at a critical juncture. If he had beaten Punk or just not faced Punk, he would have been fine.

He should have never been paired up with Punk. I still remember the end of that Raw and they pan over and there's Ryback, pissed, staring down Punk. Many of us thought it was a cool moment, but I think we all kinda realized that was the moment they killed Ryback's momentum dead.

He should have never been paired up with Punk. I still remember the end of that Raw and they pan over and there's Ryback, pissed, staring down Punk. Many of us thought it was a cool moment, but I think we all kinda realized that was the moment they killed Ryback's momentum dead.

He should have beaten Punk.

Don't be ridiculous. That gumpy clown clearly couldn't deliver in a main event match, and the idea that he should have been put over and had the promotion focus around him is dipshittery

He should have been protected by working with guys that matched his style. The main issue was they already had Rock plugged in for the title. Instead, make Rock win the title at Mania (or do Rock/Cena without it), have Ryback beat Punk and then work with Jericho or someone of that nature.

What make you think Jericho could do anything with that dude if Punk couldn't? Does anyone actually think 2013 Chris Jericho is a good wrestler, much less someone who can build a compelling series with a profoundly limited guy.

I thought the Punk matches were perfectly acceptable, and all I'm really looking for is overish small dudes that could bump for him.

I know Rybacks momentum has dropped like a rock recently, but the thing they got right is not giving Ryback a world title reign. If you have to actively protect a guy in a main event match, when you have no clue if he does or ever will draw, it's a waste.

Go with the crowd. They were super into him. If Khali and Goldberg and whoever can be worked around, Ryback can.

I know Rybacks momentum has dropped like a rock recently, but the thing they got right is not giving Ryback a world title reign. If you have to actively protect a guy in a main event match, when you have no clue if he does or ever will draw, it's a waste.

Go with the crowd. They were super into him. If Khali and Goldberg and whoever can be worked around, Ryback can.

Ryback was NEVER over enough to justify that. He was, make no mistake, over, but if you give him the belt within 6 months, he becomes "The Guy" in the company. And that screams of train wreck.

Ryback was NEVER over enough to justify that. He was, make no mistake, over, but if you give him the belt within 6 months, he becomes "The Guy" in the company. And that screams of train wreck.

Yes, he was. You're looking at it relative to today. He could have been a huge star, or at worst, another Punk level guy. Instead he isn't and nobody else has become one.

Some monsters are going to be Berserker and Warlord, and some of them are going to be Yokozuna and Goldberg. 

Ryback is our Warlord. I'm pretty ok with that. 

At best he can be a Hercules. Guy you see on old WWE PPV's and wonder how he was able to be in the WWE for so long without a real significant moment in history. 

• Like 1

Ahem. That's RYBAXEL, thank you very much.

Stop that!  That's not how tag teams are named!  Imagine if Hawk, Animal, and Paul Ellering's names were just mashed together.  They'd be HAWK-IMAL-E.  It'd rhyme with guacamole.  That's no where near as intimidating as 'The Legion Of Doom: The Road Warriors'.

Why are people pretending like Ryback wasn't over.  You had arenas full of people chanting 'Feed Me More' for a stretch there.  Even when he was losing in main events for months he was still over until they turned him heel for no reason.  And he actually popped a buyrate when he got put on top for the first time.  Guy could've been The Ultimate Warrior to Cena's Hogan.

• Like 2

Why are people pretending like Ryback wasn't over.  You had arenas full of people chanting 'Feed Me More' for a stretch there.

Wrestling fans chant things. It's what they do. Fans were chanting "We the People" from the very beginning of the Real Americans. It didn't mean Swagger was a main eventer.

Ryback was over (not as over as Bryan, that's absurd) but there was no way Vince was putting the belt pin someone that can't work a compelling 15 minute match, and Ryback damn sure couldn't then. Hell, only Bryan, Cena and maybe Punk have gotten compelling matches from him even now.

• Like 1