DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Observer/Meltzer Ominbus Thread

I have a hard time believing higher ups at WWE remember Meltzer exists

Just a few weeks ago he was individually contacted by the company to appear at the Network launch. I would say that's a pretty good indication they are aware he exists.

He said "my source said Punk is there 100%." Not the same as independently confirming or saying he had first-hand knowledge He hedged it.

And Dave pretty much nailed this WM card a while ago, too.

• Like 1

Bryan's basic argument was you can't quit if you aren't happy about how much you're being paid. You should just be happy you're getting any money at all.

So between this and playing the role of agreeing with Vince and Triple H that Bryan isn't a money making draw,  they are really are sounding more and more like the gimmick they are talking about (the Authority).  Does that make Vinny or Granny the Corporate Kane  :P

I think the funniest thing is that he is really convinced that everything is built on fooling the fans.  While an argument could be made that they are being played as puppets concerning Daniel Bryan in the last 2 or 3 months, the idea that Dolph Ziggler's tweet about them silencing the "We want Ziggler" chant on Smackdown was a complete work since he won on RAW is such a reach.

I don't have a problem Dave missing on the Punk story because the reality is that every "sheet" got it wrong.

He said "Punk is there. 100%"

Punk wasn't there. 100%

That's incorrect.

So you are criticising someone's journalism when you don't know what he actually said. Now that is so funny. Rather pathetic too. Especially when it is so easy to find out.

I have a hard time believing higher ups at WWE remember Meltzer exists, let alone spend time trying to thwart him. 

Wow DVDR has really slipped in terms of how sophisticated members of the forum are. WWE has done it for decades.

Punk wasn't there. 100%

That's incorrect.

So you are criticising someone's journalism when you don't know what he actually said. Now that is so funny. Rather pathetic too. Especially when it is so easy to find out.

I have a hard time believing higher ups at WWE remember Meltzer exists, let alone spend time trying to thwart him. 

Wow DVDR has really slipped in terms of how sophisticated members of the forum are. WWE has done it for decades.

Sophisticated? You do realize we're discussing the journalistic integrity of a man who covers play fighting and couldn't string together a coherent sentence to save his life, right? There's nothing sophisticated about any of this.

Also no reason to be a twat about it.

Bryan's basic argument was you can't quit if you aren't happy about how much you're being paid. You should just be happy you're getting any money at all.

So between this and playing the role of agreeing with Vince and Triple H that Bryan isn't a money making draw,  they are really are sounding more and more like the gimmick they are talking about (the Authority).  Does that make Vinny or Granny the Corporate Kane  :P

I think the funniest thing is that he is really convinced that everything is built on fooling the fans.  While an argument could be made that they are being played as puppets concerning Daniel Bryan in the last 2 or 3 months, the idea that Dolph Ziggler's tweet about them silencing the "We want Ziggler" chant on Smackdown was a complete work since he won on RAW is such a reach.

I don't have a problem Dave missing on the Punk story because the reality is that every "sheet" got it wrong.

In fairness to Dave when you look at the Cena headed house shows from this week v. the Bryan headed house shows from this week it's absolutely comical how thoroughly the Cena shows crushed the Bryan shows at the box office.  Bryan had way more support on his shows in terms of stars and was drawing at MOST half of what Cena's crew did.  And this is Mania season.  I want Bryan to be "the guy" as much as anyone, but that's really hard to over look if whether you are in management, or reporting on trends.  

Punk wasn't there. 100%

That's incorrect.

Sophisticated? You do realize we're discussing the journalistic integrity of a man who covers play fighting and couldn't string together a coherent sentence to save his life, right? There's nothing sophisticated about any of this.

He can't help it, he's Irish. They've been twats for centuries.

In fairness to Dave when you look at the Cena headed house shows from this week v. the Bryan headed house shows from this week it's absolutely comical how thoroughly the Cena shows crushed the Bryan shows at the box office.

I'll never get this. When WWE comes to Pittsburgh, every radio/TV ad says "see all the WWE Superstars like [lists every top guy]". I'm not sure how any casual fan would know specific lineups or matches in advance.

I would love to know the show in question where Meltzer fell asleep talking about MMA.

Also, love how Bryan accused him of narcolepsy for that. "It's not narcolepsy if you fall asleep at 3 in the morning, Bryan!"

Id be curious to see the markets run by cena tour vs bryan tour. If cena shows are consistantly the larger markets, it would stand to reason that they would draw better.

Sounds like a mookieghana project.

Not the type of sophistication I am talking about. More reading newzsites and thinking that they correctly reflect what more legitimate outlets say or report.

Bit rich when people are taking any excuse true or otherwise to take a pop at good brother Melty.

He can't help it, he's Irish. They've been twats for centuries.

Personal insult instead of admitting you don't know what he actually said. Keep reading Wrestlezone or Lords of Paste or whatever you do.

In fairness to Dave when you look at the Cena headed house shows from this week v. the Bryan headed house shows from this week it's absolutely comical how thoroughly the Cena shows crushed the Bryan shows at the box office.

I'll never get this. When WWE comes to Pittsburgh, every radio/TV ad says "see all the WWE Superstars like [lists every top guy]". I'm not sure how any casual fan would know specific lineups or matches in advance.

Every live show I've gone to in the last seven or eight years has had heavy advertising on radio, tv and even some limited print advertising that list at least the top names who will be on the show, and more often than not the top couple of matches.  

On the Mania front, I love how he did nail it months ago and people were pretty vocal saying it wasn't gonna happen, mostly the Bray-Cena match.

What I recall reading was that the match was definitely going to be the main event because Vince McMahon said, "John Cena feeds us."

Punk wasn't there. 100%

That's incorrect.

Leave UFC out of this.

• Like 1

Id be curious to see the markets run by cena tour vs bryan tour. If cena shows are consistantly the larger markets, it would stand to reason that they would draw better.

Sounds like a mookieghana project.

I already explored this in depth: http://indeedwrestling.blogspot.com/2014/02/wwe-live-events-daniel-bryan-versus.html

I adjusted for size of the cities.  Cena tours were off about 140 from the city averages while Bryan tours were off about 670.  If both guys were on the show, they were up about 750.

• Like 1

28 is a fine age. Old enough to present maturity, young enough project vigor.

Anyway. There's no WWE Omnibus thread so I'll stick this here.

WWE stock price rose almost 10% today, which is a staggering move all things considered. I figured something related to TV negotiations were announced, but all I could find was that ESPN rejected doing business with them. Did any actual news emerge today, or is this just a case of efficient marketz?