DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: EMMA

RIPPA

There is no way I could do a week of dancing gimmicks and not include Emma. Sweet, adorable, dopey Emma.

d.gif

30k3i13.gif

tumblr_miy57yQS0c1qhwdqso2_250.gif

This last one is clearly Emma catching you masturbating and is displeased with your lack of progress.

• Like 2

Show of hands, who has actually done the Emma dance at random moments? I have!

She's great. Very talented in ring performer that has completely committed to her gimmick perfectly. In my top 10 overall performers in NXT, and I there are a LOT of people I love in NXT.

If her and Paige aren't in March Madness, I will be sad.

Emma f'n rules. She's a true joy to watch. She's a really well-rounded worker. She's good in serious matches and also has a lot of fun comedy stuff.

Her match with Santino against Fandango and Summer Rae is one of the great comedy matches in years. I think it might be the best comedy match since the heyday of Stevie Richards doing impersonations in ECW. I would probably put that in the Top 5 of NXT matches this year. It was so well done. Her match with Paige in the woman's title was absolutely great. They have terrific chemistry.

Having the versatility to being able to do serious and goofy is such a huge thing in the WWE.

I honestly think that a Bailey/Emma tag team could be a really marketable product for WWE to branch out to young girls with.

100% agreed. They're so likable and lovable. It's very likely that elementary and millde school girls who like wrestling are total geeks like we were/are. They have the perfect foils in Summer Rae and whoever acting as the Mean Girls, the same type of cliquish snots they have to deal with on a daily basis who make fun of their John Cena trapper keepers. The whole living vicariously thing.

• Like 1

I honestly think that a Bailey/Emma tag team could be a really marketable product for WWE to branch out to young girls with.

100% agreed. They're so likable and lovable. It's very likely that elementary and millde school girls who like wrestling are total geeks like we were/are. They have the perfect foils in Summer Rae and whoever acting as the Mean Girls, the same type of cliquish snots they have to deal with on a daily basis who make fun of their John Cena trapper keepers. The whole living vicariously thing.

Go Tweet that to Triple H or Steph or something. 

• Like 1

Lance Storm's greatest contribution to professional wrestling?

I should insist that we do a Joshi 100 again just so Lance can bitch about Emma's placement

What fraction legit do you think Emma is?

If we are going by total package of character an in ring work this year, I have a hard time not putting her in the top echelon in the states. Haven't seen nearly enough of Japan to judge there however.

Lance Storm's greatest contribution to professional wrestling?

Come on now, Lance had that glorious rat tail in the 90's.

Throw money at the Waitresses management and get the Square Pegs theme.

• 1 month later...

I realized that I never kinda laid out my evolution on Emma and now with the new found attention due to RAW - it is easier for me to put it here.

I remember on the old board - I posted a GIF of Emma screwing up the flip into the ring and I was like all "HA! HA!" and folks pointed out that it was on purpose and she was doing a kultz/bad dancing gimmick.

Then I started watching NXT and I was like "God Dammit - this should be making me chuckle but it is"

THEN Emma started getting full matches and I was all "Well she can wrestle AND do all the goofy stuff" and I was all in.

• 4 months later...

The tag match with Santino against Fandango and Summer Rae is a thing of goofy beauty too. Hard to find online now, but I just did and it was worth it.

In hindsight, the idea that this was a match that someone would actively search for is amusing.

• Like 1

It is always weird seeing someone in a different "gimmick." Here "Emma" is being portrayed as the pretty girl that doesn't take the craft serious. When now, I look at her as a serious talent. But this is from the Lance Storm show and there is a little treat, very minor, around the 2:00 mark