DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

Rewatched The Phantom Menace. No doubt this sentiment has been expressed before but, yeah, Darth Maul is such an amazing villain he outclasses the mediocrity of this film.

Those seconds when he's killed Qui Gon Jon and him and Obi Wan are both anxiously waiting for the force field to drop so they can murder each other are truly some of the most tense, nerve-wracking moments of the whole franchise. 

Kinda wish Maul been saved for a better film. As it is, he just serves as a startling reminder of how good this movie could have been.  

• Like 1

Rewatched The Phantom Menace. No doubt this sentiment has been expressed before but, yeah, Darth Maul is such an amazing villain he outclasses the mediocrity of this film.

Those seconds when he's killed Qui Gon Jon and him and Obi Wan are both anxiously waiting for the force field to drop so they can murder each other are truly some of the most tense, nerve-wracking moments of the whole franchise.

Kinda wish Maul been saved for a better film.

Maul's death should have been saved for the beginning of Clone Wars as part of the Anikin slipping to the dark side

Ray Park didn't do the voice, that was Peter Serafinowicz. Hence him repeating his revenge line in Spaced series 2, which I can't find on youtube because it's blocked for copyright in England.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have our revenge."

Revenge for what? Was the ever explained?

He's a bad guy? There's always looking for revenge for something? Even if there isn't a clear reason?.

Yeah, um, that's all I got. 

Cool line, though.

They never quite explained why Padme and Anakin were a FORBIDDEN LOVE~! either.

Granted, a senator and a Jedi being together would perhaps raise some eyebrows, but they're both solidly on the same side...so, why is this a big deal?

If anything, you'd see the union as strengthening the bond between the two parties. 

Jedi are forbidden to love.

Eh, Jedis break more rules than the Catholic Church. Particularly if you go by the EU and clone wars.

And God knows whatever Luke has been getting up to in the 30 years since ROTJ will likely end up being a plot point in the films. 

Maul should've been in all three movies in the role that Count Dooku played in the following two movies. Darth Maul is introduced as a badass Sith Apprentice in Ep I, but then killed off by the end of the movie. Then, in Ep II, we are introduced to Count Dooku, a new right hand man to Palpatine. Had Maul been kept around, then Anakin finally killing him in Ep III would've meant so much more.

• Like 1

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have our revenge."

Revenge for what? Was the ever explained?

He's a bad guy? There's always looking for revenge for something? Even if there isn't a clear reason?.

There are only two Sith and hundreds of Jedi, you do the math.

• Like 2

Rewatched TFA again.

LOL @ them desperately trying to hype up a potential romance between Finn and Ray when there's clearly more going on between Poe and Finn. And Ray and Ren for that matter. 

Both Ridley and Boyega are great, but yeah, I just wasn't feeling that one at all. 

Oh, well. At least neither of them complained about sand.

They should have Rey and Ren get together, just because it would be hard for stupid teenagers to stupidly mash their names together on stupid social media.

• Like 1

They should have Rey and Ren get together, just because it would be hard for stupid teenagers to stupidly mash their names together on stupid social media.

Trip over the wrong corner of the internet and you will find nothing but that ship. I don't know the name because I legitimately hate the ship but they don't need encouraging.