DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

It took some of yall too long to be excited about this film, but I'm glad you're here with me on the train now.  I'm at the front though; with jellybeans. 

I hope we don't crash.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

If it was in the summer blockbuster poll I'd go north of $800 000 000 on the tiebreaker without even blinking. I will be honestly shocked if it isn't one of the three highest grossing non-adjusted films of all time, irregardless of if stuffing instead of potatoes lives up to the hype.

Well...I'm still not thrilled that they at least appear to be mostly rehashing the iconography of the OT with only slight modifications, but it looks absolutely about as good as a rehash can look at this point.

Well...I'm still not thrilled that they at least appear to be mostly rehashing the iconography of the OT with only slight modifications, but it looks absolutely about as good as a rehash can look at this point.

The ideal would have been doing the Thrawn trilogy instead of the prequels, but what can you do?

• Like 2

The ideal would have been doing the Thrawn trilogy instead of the prequels, but what can you do?

I have a feeling that elements of the Thrawn trilogy will find their way into Abrams' Ep. VII - IX. I'm wondering if Andy Serkis' character is going to be Thrawn like in his approach.

The time to make Thrawn movies was 1995. Today there's just no point unless you re cast the original heroes, and they're more suited for an animated adaptation (which I would preorder or Kickstart in a heartbeat)

• Like 2

I can say with absolutely no shame that when the screen went black and I heard Harrison Ford say "Chewie......" I got tears in my eyes.  I wouldn't necessarily call it crying, but an intense overload of emotion and excitement.  Then that fucking smirk.  Then fucking Chewbacca answering him. 

Goddamn I'm excited for this. 

• Like 4

The time to make Thrawn movies was 1995. Today there's just no point unless you re cast the original heroes, and they're more suited for an animated adaptation (which I would preorder or Kickstart in a heartbeat)

Or Shadows of the Empire for that matter. . .

'My father has it'. Didn't episode 6 end with Vader becoming one with the force and living on as a see-through ghost? And so isn't he technically still able to be a part of the world all these years later, and therefore able to be spoken of in the present tense?

See, if Lucas was still involved, he'd have Hayden Christensen in this movie. Even though he probably looks much older now than he did in Ep 3.

I'm positive that I'm the only person that the Thrawn books were just plain awful, though not a awful as the Kevin J. Anderson books

James

Nah, not just you.  The Thrawn trilogy suffered from the same issue a lot of the OU stuff had: it just wasn't creative.  It simply warmed over and rehashed a lot of things from the original trilogy.  Do we really need another world-destroying super weapon? 

Great trailer.  I am so hyped for this.  I can't wait.  I hope it is out the week before Christmas.  Still.  I'll be there at midnight.  Sobbing like a baby during the opening crawl, and cheering like a madman during the end credits.  I just feel like this is going to be really good.  Disney ain't gonna kick off the new era of this franchise with a dud.  

• Like 1

I feel kinda sorta dirty loving the trailer as much as I am.  I've never been a Star Wars fan but appreciated what they mean to so many.  It kind of feels like getting excited about it now would be for me jumping on the bandwagon.  And when Guardians came out last year I was/am big-time into my mentality is "Fuck it, this is my Star Wars."

All that said, I'll be watching the movie first chance I get.  Christmas Day?  Maybe not.  But the day after?  Absolutely.  And FWIW I'll catch episodes 4-6 and see if it leads to that uber excitement for the franchise that everybody else has.

[edit - DAMN IT.  Youtube is officially blocked at work (but somehow I can still get in if I type in https... so all I saw was the dumb "youtube.com is blocked per blah blah blah"]

Reading about the unfinished work from Clone Wars depresses me. I like Rebels, but they really had some interesting stuff that was left undone going on with Clone Wars. Wish they were allowed to finish it.