DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money In The Bank 2013

Big Z

I was there live tonight, and had a really great time. Counting the pre-show match, I thought 4 matches were worth seeking out. Sheamus was just so awesome. Dude gives absolutely zero fucks. The bumps he took and shook off made me want to see him as a no selling monster heel.

A couple moments stood out for me that probably didn't read on television. One was a ten or eleven year old boy with a 'Who booked the crap?' sign which he kept holding up. That sign made me glad Bray Wyatt didn't come to Philly. The second was a dude trying to start a 'You still got it' chant for RVD as he was getting his ass kicked right at the start of the match.

Also after the show, my girlfriend almost got in to a fender bender with Green Lantern Fan.

• Like 2

If I had a twitter account, I would have tweeted "first the Zimmerman verdict, then Mark Henry taps out #nojusticenopeace"But I don't... So I posted it here.

I'm assuming no one did, but I would have loved to have seen someone make a comment about Zimmerman just to see how the crowd would react.

Always repeat your punchlines, folks, like a magician emphasizing a trick:"High heels, laides and gentlemen! High Heels! Yes....Come on! Come on, that was funny!"

It seems WWE put him in a role where he think he's funny and no one else does. Probably to try and bury him because Vince doesn't know funny. But it's gonna backfire because Brad's gonna be awesome in that role.

It seems WWE put him in a role where he think he's funny and no one else does. Probably to try and bury him because Vince doesn't know funny. But it's gonna backfire because Brad's gonna be awesome in that role.

He had an important role tonight.  Someone needs to give everyone a breather to reset after a huge match, and having someone who can draw heat for awhile is better than sending two wrestlers out there to die.

Jesus, can you imagine if the first thing they heard after coming down from the first MitB match was Miz' music?  Death.

This wasn't a bad show, but probably not as good as Payback or ER. 

I'm really glad they aired the Shield/Usos match instead of the usual video packages on loop for the countdown. It was probably the best match of the night. The big near fall for the Usos was perfect, and the finishing sequence was well done. Rollins is really good at mixing up his signature moves to create fresh sequences.

The lesser MITB was pretty fun. The pace was good and there were a few unique spots in there. The crowd seemed really into the Cody sequences, so maybe a face turn has some legs. Didn't really consider Sandow for the win until near the end, so that was surprising. He probably needs to hold the case for a while, though, because even as second-class as the World title is these days, guys like Ziggler and Del Rio are still out of Sandow's league at this point.

The Brad Maddox promo was awesome. He can definitely pull off the oblivious "heel who thinks he's a face" act. He could be everything they wanted Mike Adamle to be, and I'm guessing long-term he'll turn into a competent GM.

The 3 filler matches were about what I expected. Miz/Axel wasn't terrible, but about as bland as you could possibly get. Kaitlyn and AJ had another solid outing. AJ is starting to come into her own in the ring. I really liked her bumping throughout the match. Jericho/Ryback was dull with both guys looking worse at the end. They need a match at Summer Slam just to see who can make it to 2 ppv wins this year.

Ziggler/Del Rio was going nicely until the finish. ADR took some sick bumps. Not as good as Payback with the awesome story they had going in that match, but these two do have good chemistry and it was nice to see Dolph work face and get a strong face reaction at the same time. Do we really need another AJ breakup angle?

Cena/Henry was a standard Cena effort. Good match, loved the bump on the ring steps, but not much else stood out. We've seen this a hundred times before.

The important MITB wasn't as good as the first one. Had a lot slower pace and worse big spots. I hope to god they're not wasting Bryan on Axel going into Summer Slam. Disappointed to see the Wyatt Family not do anything. The Heyman turn was obvious, but the hardway blood off that last ladder shot made it cool anyways. Orton was another guy I had in the middle of the pack ranking the likelihood of winners. He's been pretty good this year, so I'm cool with getting him back into the WWE title picture. He always has good matches with Cena and Bryan will probably be lurking around too. Wonder what happens to RVD now.

I think they are going to do Axel/Brock vs Bryan/Punk. 

Actually not a terrible idea, as I was thinking of saving Punk/Brock till Mania. Actually do not mind Axel, as he's pretty solid in the ring, and this way he could kept as a side piece of the Punk/Brock/Heyman deal.

Actually not a terrible idea, as I was thinking of saving Punk/Brock till Mania. Actually do not mind Axel, as he's pretty solid in the ring, and this way he could kept as a side piece of the Punk/Brock/Heyman deal.

If I get everyone worked up about the idea of doing a Wargames with Brock/Axel/Shield vs Punk/Bryan/three guys so that they waste a couple of pages on their cool fantasy booking scenarios on how to fill those three spots, before they ultimately get disappointed because it never happens and they hate WWE for never doing their ideas, is that considered trolling?

• Like 1

Axel's growing on me a lot. He's the perfect guy to have a manager. He's solid as an actual wrestler in the ring. He'll never have the "it" factor that the others in his class of wrestlers (FCW/NXT alum) have but he has enough to at least be a decent hand for a very long time. They might as well give him some credibility by working with the most talented guys on the roster and getting better by osmosis. There's a good place in wrestling for a guy like that. He won't headline a Wrestlemania ever but he'll be perfectly acceptable as a heel Kofi Kingston.

I wonder if there's any chance today that they could promote someone like Axel as a no-nonsense old-school tough guy.  Like Arn Anderson.  The announcers would have to push it pretty constantly and there would have to be a lot of talk about "manliness" and "respect."

This board might just shit three different ways but is there enough of an audience that would get behind that?

In another life, Curtis Axel would have been a great tag team guy.

While we are nowhere near the halycon days of tag team wrestling, the tag division has been revived in large part because of Team Hell No, The Shield, and recently The Usos putting on captivating matches. I think The Wyatts will also add to the division, with Bray being the Ambrose/Michael Hayes of the group. Just need a couple more teams to be built and/or step up. Axel likely has a few months of this singles run left before being in limbo, but he could definitely be part of a solid heel tag team.