DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money In The Bank 2013

Big Z

Just had a look on my Cable Guide. It's $45!? I'm tempted, because I'm bored right now, but I don't know if I'm tempted that much (I haven't watched any wrestling since Mania) Also, how come it's on an hour later than usual?

EDIT: My cable company has it listed in an hour's time. Not sure I'm going to order it if they can't even get the listing right.

Decided to stay up and watch the show. I liked it with four very good matches: Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder match, Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler (shame about that finish), John Cena vs. Mark Henry and the RAW Money in the Bank Ladder match. Not sure if I preferred the show to last year’s. MITB 2010 and 2011 were better.

Tag Title Match was the match of the night for me. Followed by the World Heavyweight Championship MITB Ladder match.

Eh, I'm not digging Blandy Orton getting the brief case, but It'll probably lead to another successful title defence by Cena(match might take place at Summer Slam) in what will likely be a long reign. So there's hope that Randy slithers back to the mid-card after this.

Opener was one of my favorite MITB matches - fast-paced, bunch of awesome spots, a minimum of slow-mo climbs (the "ladder is off-center" spots are much more effective there), and a great ending. Everything else was damn good too, including the pre-show match (and probably excluding the women's match, which I admittedly half-watched).

I thought this was a very good PPV.

The YouTube match between The Shield and The Usos was the best preshow match that I remember. At least the best in a very long time. They did a ton of cool spots and were very active.

The first Money in the Bank match was off the charts with how innovative it was. I always think they have exhausted all possibilities but there was some great stuff here that I have never seen. Cesaro was awesome.. just tossing fuckers around like nothing. Cody probably had the most reaction and he totally delivered. Looked like he got busted open as well. I look forward to a Cody vs. Sandow feud.

Perfect Jr. and The Miz was ok. Perfect needed a clean win and got it. His selling was solid as well.

Kaitlyn vs. AJ was given plenty of time and although the crowd was pretty dead the match was solid. No, it really was. I'd say it was even better than their match at Payback. AJ worked the arm the entire match. Kaitlyn did some great power moves and AJ sold them like death. My only gripe was AJ putting the Black Widow on the wrong arm.

Dolph was over like crazy. He and Del Rio always have a good match. Kinda shit finish. I mean I thought they would drag the AJ/Dolph split out for a while.. Still will I guess but it's very obvious after tonight.

Henry vs. Cena was something else. I wouldn't say it was a MOTY candidate but it was very good. Henry was an unstoppable beast for about 90% of the match. The only downside to this one was the ending dipped into typical Cena. Not really his fault. He worked his ass off. It's just that we all know he is not losing for a very long time.

Finally RAW Money in the Bank. I don't feel it was as good as the first one but it still had a lot of cool spots and Bryan taking over at the end was fucking great. I don't know how to feel about Orton winning, though. I could say he didn't need it.. but really... did any of them? Heyman turning on Punk was great just because of how awesome his facial expression was. That ruled.

Orton is a great pick to be the first cash-in failure - he's always over, he's a multi-time champ already, and he seems immune to 50/50 booking. Let Cena beat him at Summerslam and get Bryan in position as the next challenger and all is well.

Cena failed last year when he cashed in.

Not sure what I would give this show out of 10.

I was slightly disappointed by the Henry vs Cena match but my expectations for that were probably too high. It was good up until the ending though. Just no way for me not to be let down by that I guess.

Pre-show match was great and though I hated all the interference on the show tonight I did get a kick out of an Usos run in not only happening but getting a pop.

Ziggler Del Rio was pretty good up until the end.

Daniel Bryan killed it in the money in the bank match when they looked like they were setting it up for him to win. Sheamus getting "no" rather than a countdown for the forearm spot made me hope a Bryan vs heel Sheamus happens at some point. Guy took 2 of the meanest bumps of the night. That 2 out 3 falls match they had in 2012 was pretty great.

Loved the action throughout the night, but felt the wrong people went over save Cena. Love Henry's recent run, but cannot trust him to stay healthy long enough to have him go over company ace in his redemption run. However, crowd does not give a shit about Del Rio and is yearning for Dolph title run. In first MITB, Ambrose is the one potential perennial main eventer and should be pushed to the moon. Sandow is entertaining, but not top level champion material. Maybe this win catapults Orton with a fresh heel turn on cash in, but go with the hot guy in Bryan and let him continue his Bret Hart/Steve Austin ascension to superstardom. And hell, Jericho is still over and a solid hand. Ryback is neither and really ought go to being Skip Sheffield (at least had a character then). Great action, but any comparison to MITB 2011 falls flat cause the right people won that night.

I only saw the last two matches, but as much as I hate Orton I have zero problem with him winning.  He's bland as fuck which is exactly why he needs MITB.  I would prefer he retire, but if he's going to keep working he would best be protected by turning heel, which could easily be done in a Hardy/Punk 2.0 scenario with Orton cashing in on Bryan right after a miracle win over Cena at SS.  Sheamus to me stole the show in the main with his stiffness and lunatic bumping (also gotta love RVD - the fuck is back for all of five minutes and almost kills someone).  Bryan was incredibly well protected and was the most Mark Briscoeish I've ever seen him here.  I'm sure he'll be declared the performer of the match by some based on his CC'ed Briscoe steamroll segment, which was admittedly awesome and well timed, but again, it was all Sheamus for me.  

Henry v. Cena was fucking outstanding.  I did not like Henry tapping out, but I can live with it. Match felt a lot like Cena v. Khali, but with Henry being a million times better than Khali and carrying his end with some awesome offense.  Henry's offense looked completely murderous and loved all the strength spots on both ends.  

I caught the show from Ziggler/ADR on. Really good stuff. Wish I saw the opening match.I really loved Dolph/ADR. Great work from both guys. ADR does so many great little things -- sneers, hand taunts, stretching out a body part after its been worked on for a bit, etc. He's one of the best at facial expressions and subtle mannerisms ever. Dolph is really good at wrestling as a face, too. He gets how to work from underneath. AJ's terrific as usual as the super needy clingy GF. I liked the end of it a lot -- AJ was there "protecting" her man but he didn't need her help. I think AJ might be terrific as ADR's mistress. He could use a new part of the act and it's be funny to see a jealous, pining Ricardo.Cena/Mark was very good. Not a MOTYC but very good, solid big man work. They had a really good story there with the Cena/AA deal. The announcers always miss a lot of the good story work. Cena won because he has two effective finishers, one being a submission that a big man can't counter. It was a race to see who could hit their finisher a second time w/ Cena's experience as a champion getting him the shot. Great stuff.I really liked the final MITB. I was rooting for Bryan like everyone else. I think Orton's a terminal bore. But the match itself was really good. I like the Axel run-in and Heyman move on Punk. I actually thought that the Bray promo video before was a tip-off to him somehow stealing the match. MITB matches are always fun -- just a lot of crazy stuff non-stop. Kudos to Sheamus for taking that crazy ladder bump. RVD was good doing RVD things, too.

AJ's finisher is so good, they really should call it "GOTCHA BITCH"

Young Randall winning is curious, seeing as how he can be feuding with Bubba Ray within 48 hours after he fails a test.  But eh, whatever.

Sandow is, I'm guessing, not cashing in for a long time since Del Rio doesn't appear to be losing any time soon, especially while Ziggs self-destructs. 

Mark Henry just deserves all the love he gets, he really just looked perfect out there glefully murdering Cena.  And though we all knew it was going to end how it did, it still sucks seeing him tap.  C'est la vie.

And man Heyman's "Official Turn" was fan-fucking-tastic.  Hit him twice, then STARED PUNK THE FUCK DOWN, hit him again.  Punk blading(?) was perfect too.  He'd better not get into trouble for that.

I thought some of you guys told us Kaitlyn was going to overcome the bullying/odds and win this feud a couple of weeks ago?

nah, I think AJ holds the title for a while. Kaitlyn will get her eventually but not right now. Thing is...  I'm not sure where they can go. Maybe Nattie can fill in against AJ for a month or two? Maybe Naomi is ready to step up? Just for the love of God.. no Bellas.