DVDVR Message Board

WWE Money In The Bank 2013

Big Z

Am I the only one who thinks Cesaro has a fighting chance in the lesser MITB? He fits the mold of past winners like Ziggler and Bryan--A cult favorite low-midcarder coming off a big losing streak. I don't know if I'd say he's the favorite, but if wrestling betting existed, I'd pick him for the odds.

Overall, it looks like a decent show. The title matches should be solid and the ladder matches both have multiple guys who could believably win. Only thing that bothers me is Shield/Usos getting stuck on the pre-show while Jericho/Ryback and Miz/Axel contaminate the main card with their shittiness.

Well, they're getting serious about wanting to get folks to watch the youtube channel or get the WWE App to watch the pre-show. At first it was matches with no build up that no one really cared about, but the last PPV had Shaemus/ Sandow which had been pushed heavily on TV, and this one has Usos/ Shield which also has had a lot of build. Worked on me, I got the app.

I believe the head honchos of the company were extremely impressed by Sandow during the Sheamus feud, and are going to reward him for it tonight. If not, then it's Ambrose(But they probably won't because he's not "ready" yet).

I think the Raw MITB match is pretty open, with everyone but Christian and RVD having a real chance. Hope it is Bryan or Punk, but I could live with an Orton or Sheamus win if it helps freshen them up. I think Ambrose for the Smackdown one, as he is the guy that could do the most with it (and is one of the only ones on an upward trajectory in his career).

Anyone other than Bryan winning the Raw MITB match would be insane.

As for the Smackdown MITB match I'm thinking either Sandow or Barrett. Barrett was already supposed to win once and got injured, but lately they haven't given him any chances in a main event spot, so I'm leaning towards Sandow. It's too early for Ambrose or Fandango, everyone else doesn't have a chance.

I still think they should have put Big E. in there and used that to build up the Ziggler/Big E. split and feud.

I think there is a logical argument for Bryan not winning. The entire setup of the match has seemed to be "Bryan going to the next level". Arguably, a Sheamus/Orton turning heel with aid from Vince in a continuation of "him knowing what we want more then we do" leading to a feud does more for him.

Outside of that though, yeah, the MITB is all about Bryan, everyone else is just a bit part.

I think there is a logical argument for Bryan not winning. The entire setup of the match has seemed to be "Bryan going to the next level". Arguably, a Sheamus/Orton turning heel with aid from Vince in a continuation of "him knowing what we want more then we do" leading to a feud does more for him.

I think Bryan winning would make perfect sense considering his current gimmick and the Cena/Bryan SummerSlam rumors.

Lately Bryan has been all about proving that he is not the weak link. Considering that, it would make perfect sense for him to be one of the few guys who announce the cash-in of the briefcase beforehand. Cena is the biggest dog in the company, everyone knows that. Nothing would prove more decisively that Bryan is not the weak link, than him challenging and beating Cena for the WWE Championship.

They could still do Cena/Bryan at Summerslam without Bryan holding the MITB briefcase, but this way it would just be perfect.

I'm calling a Wyatt Family beatdown on one of the world champs leading to a cash-in tonight.It would be hilarious if it happens to Ziggler.

The Smackdown MITB is such a toss up though. I would love to see Cesaro win and cash in on Ziggler if that happened.

Bookmakers Paddy Power had Randy Orton as the strong odds-on favourite (and not in the Gorilla Monsoon way), with Damien Sandow being odds-on to take the World Heavyweight Title version.

Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett are second favourites. Given that Wade was supposed to win MITB last year at Mania before he got injured protecting Ziggler, he arguable deserves it. I like Sandow, but giving him the Big Belt would be way too much right now.

The world title has been pretty devalued this year. ADR won the title right after decisively losing a feud to Orton, and his cash-in might account for 1/3rd of Ziggler's TV wins this year.

I think Bryan winning would make perfect sense considering his current gimmick and the Cena/Bryan SummerSlam rumors.

Lately Bryan has been all about proving that he is not the weak link. Considering that, it would make perfect sense for him to be one of the few guys who announce the cash-in of the briefcase beforehand. Cena is the biggest dog in the company, everyone knows that. Nothing would prove more decisively that Bryan is not the weak link, than him challenging and beating Cena for the WWE Championship.

They could still do Cena/Bryan at Summerslam without Bryan holding the MITB briefcase, but this way it would just be perfect.

It would also make sense to have Bryan come up short and compensate by challenging the champ to title fight, prevailing only to have the briefcase cashed in on him almost immediately.  It might be more compelling if Henry is the champion who Bryan goes after rather than Cena.  And it would make the most sense if the briefcase was held by Kane.

Imagine if Bryan has a celebration on Raw.  Someone tries to interrupt.  Kane comes out for the save while holding his briefcase.  Bryan forgives Kane for thinking that Kane thought he was the weak link.  They hug it out.  Then, wham, chokeslam, call for the ref, ring the bell, and Kane cashes in his title shot.

Obviously, this can't happen with Kane out of the MITB match, but I think it could have been fun.  They could try to use Orton in a similar role (maybe he sent the Wyatt family to take out Kane), but I don't think it would be anywhere near as cool.

and both of his "reigns" were pretty the same as Ziggler's two world titles. Thinking about it, I only recall one successfull TV/PPV WWE title defense by ADR.

Royal Rumble Last Man Standing Match vs Big Show, Elimination Chamber vs Big Show, Wrestlemania vs Jack Swagger or are you talking about his earlier heel reign?

and both of his "reigns" were pretty the same as Ziggler's two world titles. Thinking about it, I only recall one successfull TV/PPV WWE title defense by ADR.

Ziggler never beat Punk and Cena in a HITC match. The point is there is a big difference between ADR having the belt and Sandow having the belt.