DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Re: KVE vs Flair

I thought everything until the cage door sucked. After that there was at least drama but the match still wasn't good. I hated the finish as well, 3 on 1 and Kerry gets brained by the cage door and frame and Flair still cant get a pinfall. It's ridiculous. I don't dislike ref stoppages, I think Cena vs Sandow or Cena vs ADR would've been fine with one but this one sucked. It wasn't as bad as the Luger one however.

I think my dislike is due to how I hate watching the Von Erichs in Texas. I like what I've seen of them elsewhere but in Texas they're demigods and it's beyond boring. I totally get why they're booked the way they are but I hate it. The booking of the boys makes the WCCW TV a chore to get through. It's like Cornette said; you know the Von Erichs are going to get over on the heel so whatever the heel does is safe heat and it's dull.

Watching WCCW now, I can totally get why people would hate the Von Erich's today. I mean the word nepotism doesn't do them justice. Fritz Von Erich might be one of history's greatest monsters just on how he monitized David's death alone. Out of all the Von Erich's after David died, I'm really surprised Kevin wasn't pushed to the moon as the family savior.

Compared to Kerry he was far more stable and reliable.

If WCCW were around today, there would be some down right nuclear Cena Sucks type crowds with men rooting for The Freebirds.

Jerry Lawler says hello.

Yes, I'm well aware you can actually name 80s main event professional wrestlers who didn't do drugs or drink.  That wasn't the point.  Hogan, Flair, Piper, Dog, and dozens of other guys were doing just as much drugs and alcohol as Kerry.  It's not like the Von Erichs were some kind of anomaly back then.  If Kerry was clean and sober, he'd hopefully still be alive, but I don't know that he'd accomplish much more than he did.  His I-C run would have lasted a lot longer though.

Jerry Lawler says hello.

Depending on your age and gender you should

1) Ask him why everyone's punches suck

2) Run away and tell an adult

Wait.  This was a life-skills quiz question right?

21o6fqg.gif

Why did you give up on Twitter, man?

I can't deal.  Shit on Twitter goes by so fast and all your best crafted jokes disappear in an instant.  Like you're a protozoa, and you could be as brilliant as Lenny Bruce, but your brilliant jokes about protozoa life are gone within seconds and you and your entire generation are dead within minutes, and your entire species has evolved into a different life form that isn't even what you were within a day.

I can't deal with that.  I have an archivist's streak.  And twitter is like the opposite of archivism.   It's like that river that you can never step into twice or whatever.

• Like 3

I saw an interview Kerry did with a newsletter where he was sober and he came across as a bright guy. Making it a bigger shame he gave his life over to drugs. 

You can say everybody was on drugs, but the Von Erichs were on another level. They were dying years before their contemporaries started dying. 

Reminds me of something Dan Akroyd said about John Belushi. That they were all on drugs, but Belushi carried it further than anyone. 

If you watch the entire show, they heavily imply that the AWA officials wanted to make sure Lawler left with both belts.. 

the Superclash 3 announcers or WCCW announcers?

just asking since the WCCW also claimed that a "Sumo Ref" screwed KVE out of the title in Japan in 1984

The Super Clash announcers. 

The AWA President made a point to tell the referee to stop the match if it gets too bloody. 

I saw an interview Kerry did with a newsletter where he was sober and he came across as a bright guy. Making it a bigger shame he gave his life over to drugs. 

You can say everybody was on drugs, but the Von Erichs were on another level. They were dying years before their contemporaries started dying. 

Reminds me of something Dan Akroyd said about John Belushi. That they were all on drugs, but Belushi carried it further than anyone. 

I would think if anybody from World Class was John Belushi, it would be Gino Hernandez. 

Jerry Lawler says hello.

Wait.  This was a life-skills quiz question right?

21o6fqg.gif

I can't deal.  Shit on Twitter goes by so fast and all your best crafted jokes disappear in an instant.  Like you're a protozoa, and you could be as brilliant as Lenny Bruce, but your brilliant jokes about protozoa life are gone within seconds and you and your entire generation are dead within minutes, and your entire species has evolved into a different life form that isn't even what you were within a day.

I can't deal with that.  I have an archivist's streak.  And twitter is like the opposite of archivism.   It's like that river that you can never step into twice or whatever.

But there's @stopwhites

It's the best!

Jerry Lawler says hello.

Wait. This was a life-skills quiz question right?

21o6fqg.gif

I can't deal. Shit on Twitter goes by so fast and all your best crafted jokes disappear in an instant. Like you're a protozoa, and you could be as brilliant as Lenny Bruce, but your brilliant jokes about protozoa life are gone within seconds and you and your entire generation are dead within minutes, and your entire species has evolved into a different life form that isn't even what you were within a day.

I can't deal with that. I have an archivist's streak. And twitter is like the opposite of archivism. It's like that river that you can never step into twice or whatever.

But there's @stopwhites

It's the best!

Followed.

If I show up there somewhere, I'll have enough credits to put up an IMDB:

Actor (self)
    2 credits
        Stop White People (2013) (twitter feed)............self at poetry reading
        Don't Maul Us (We'll Maul You) The Making of Terra Chimp (2014) (Dvd Feature)....self

Producer
    2 credits
        Terra Chimp vs. Mark Henry (2015) (rumored)

Terra Chimp Christmas Special (2014)
        Terra Chimp (2014) (in production)

The Tonight Show with Jay Le...Mark Henry (2013).....37 episodes

Writer
    4 credits
        Terra Chimp vs. Mark Henry (2015) rumored
        Mark Henry vs. Jason Vorhees (2015)
        Mark Henry vs. Gravity (2014)
        Mark Henry Glenn Ross (2014)

• Like 3

I'm sick to death of every goddamn person acting like a "Mark Henry air bill" joke is still clever, original, or even remotely funny now (AH, yeah!  Mark said that once 18 months ago!  BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!- Fuck, type "Mark Henry Air Bill" in the search engine, you'll probably get an error 404 from the overkill) but goddamn if I wouldn't pay money to see Mark as Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross.  Bad ass reference that came out of nowhere.  THAT'S how you make a Mark Henry joke.

• Like 7