DVDVR Message Board

[DECEMBER] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

dok

Isnt this when Cena challenges him immediately or close to after he won a tournament and beat him clean? I feel that would have been grounds for either one to turn heel but it all,felt so hot shotted I personally hated it. IIRC Del Rio feuded with Cena and Rey did..something else.

Isnt this when Cena challenges him immediately or close to after he won a tournament and beat him clean? I feel that would have been grounds for either one to turn heel but it all,felt so hot shotted I personally hated it. IIRC Del Rio feuded with Cena and Rey did..something else.

Yep. Rey Mysterio beat The Miz in the WWE Championship tournament finals on RAW. John Cena challenged him later that night beating him for it. The tournament was done because of CM Punk walking out with the WWE Championship after beating John Cena at the 2011 Money in the Bank PPV. RAW ended with Punk's return. Instead of Punk vs. Cena II at SummerSlam 2011 so soon after Punk's return, I would've done Mysterio vs. Cena for the WWE Championship at that event.

I miss Blue Wolf a lot. I miss having coffee in the morning and watching Blue Wolf, Shibata, Goto, Tanahashi, Yoshie, Nakamura and Makabe have awesome young lions matches on IWTV.

That just looks so incredibly depressing.

People do, like, age, you know. I'm sure he's perfectly happy. You will love his WM match a lot.

• Like 1

That just looks so incredibly depressing.

People do, like, age, you know. I'm sure he's perfectly happy. You will love his WM match a lot.

Oh, of course. I'm a huge 'Taker fan and that won't change. But my mental image of him is always this sinister, powerful, cool monster-like guy. And suddenly seeing him like in that picture is the pro-wrestling equivalent of growing up always having thought your father is an invincible god and suddenly realising he's just a human being after all.

Yep. Rey Mysterio beat The Miz in the WWE Championship tournament finals on RAW. John Cena challenged him later that night beating him for it. The tournament was done because of CM Punk walking out with the WWE Championship after beating John Cena at the 2011 Money in the Bank PPV. RAW ended with Punk's return. Instead of Punk vs. Cena II at SummerSlam 2011 so soon after Punk's return, I would've done Mysterio vs. Cena for the WWE Championship at that event.

It's crazy how quickly they blew through the tournament and a potential Cena/Rey feud just to fast track Punk into a HHH feud. Again, WWE succeeds in spite of itself.

• Like 1

It's crazy how quickly they blew through the tournament and a potential Cena/Rey feud just to fast track Punk into a HHH feud. Again, WWE succeeds in spite of itself.

Cena didn't walk up to Rey out of the blue to challenge him that night.  HHH made the match, explaining that both guys agreed to it.