DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2023

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

At this point I’m kind of worried that Punk won’t be on the Forbidden Door card but I might have to come to expect that if the Elite are featured at any given PPV. There goes my dream match versus Tanahashi, I guess.

In a perfect world, make him the guest referee for Omega-Ospreay so Punk can get that "Stone Cold in Canada" heat

But yeah, more likely he shows up for a promo or guest commentary (if at all)

• Like 2

Apparently Chris Jericho has only wrestled Yuji Nagata twice in his career. Both times were on Nitro and went less than 5 minutes. They could probably have a decent one together in 2023.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Octopus said:

As I was reading I was gonna respond to this with hopefully we get Tanahashi vs Punk. Fingers crossed!

I bet that with PPV’s they can be in the same building. But idk anything anymore. Having Collision based PPV’s will be dumb. Idk. IDK.

If that's the case Punk only has himself to blame.  I mean, it's not like he's struggling anyway.  He has a whole show being built around him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

At this point I’m kind of worried that Punk won’t be on the Forbidden Door card but I might have to come to expect that if the Elite are featured at any given PPV. There goes my dream match versus Tanahashi, I guess.

Feels more a timing thing than anything else. 

• Like 1

AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door. Contains spoilers:

Spoiler

I'm interested in who gets the AEW World Champion MJF from NJPW and the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion SANADA vs. An AEW wrestler.

Intrigued by the match order. The AEW World Championship match tends to headline but it can't here over Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Omega or Kenny Omega vs. Will Ospreay.

I'd put Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada on last. It's a legitimate dream match and has for a long time.

I suspect it'll be Kenny Omega vs. Will Osoreay as Ospreay in Omega's hometown tries to regain the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship. It's very rare a secondary title in NJPW gets the main event slot over the previous IWGP Heavyweight Championship (I miss the V4 so much) and the new IWGP World Heavyweight Championship (hate everything about that belt).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AxB said:

Apparently Chris Jericho has only wrestled Yuji Nagata twice in his career. Both times were on Nitro and went less than 5 minutes. They could probably have a decent one together in 2023.

Yuji had that fun match with MOXa couple years ago

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

One of Britt's biggest strengths.

Having shot wrestling a few times, it is interesting to see who has worked in front of cameras before, and who hasn't.

The few times I shot for Impact, Matt Taven and Chris Bey stood out as being guys who really work for the cameras. I've done some smaller shows, too, and a lot of guys struggle with that. It's always noticeable when you're shooting the first few matches with some lesser-experienced guys and then someone who has experience in WWE or other televised promotions has a match, and suddenly, it's so much easier to get the right shots.

• Like 5

On 6/2/2023 at 7:38 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Damn right.

That is unless you're a Villano. Then, there are like 70 of you.

FYI: Did you know Villano is Spanish for villain?

Did YOU know Rellik spelled backwards is Killer?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

My money is on Punk vs Joe to create a buzz.

I’m looking forward to this, but this definitely feels like an “I need a hit that reminds people why the like me” play, akin to Rock retreating back to the Fast franchise post-Black Adam or Will Smith rushing to another Bad Boys movie post-slap.

Pretty good version of that though. Hope it’s a hit. Should be a great Legacy Sequel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Okada/Danielson and Ospreay/Omega 2 have been made official for Forbidden Door (or, the Naughty Gate).

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Think it’s time for a Forbidden Door thread.

Just created one. Hope Dolfan doesn't mind:

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10498-forbidden-door-ii-6252023/

i'm not interested in Punk/Joe IV for one simple reason: 

i'm just starting to watch 2004 ROH for the first time, and i know that series happens eventually (this or next year i assume). a new match will undoubtedly involve Excalibur recapping the feud, thus spoiling it for me. i know that this is a "me" problem, but it's just bad timing.

• Like 1

I was thinking last night that Fred Rosser would be a good first opponent for Punk. In addition to their NXT history, Rosser said Punk went out of his way to support him in the WWE locker room after he came out.

Punk gets a victory on the first Collision over a NJPW talent he can trust to hype Forbidden Door, Rosser gets national exposure during Pride Month, and KENTA gets even madder that Punk ducks him in favor of a guy he just beat.

• Like 5