DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2023

House Rules results from Huntsville, AL

Spoiler

*Max Caster def. Tony Nese

*Jeff Jarrett & Satnam Singh (w/ Karen Jarrett) def. The Boys

*Kyle Fletcher def. a local wrestler

*Kris Statlander(c) def. Lady Frost to retain TBS championship

*Hook & The Hardyz def. Ethan Page, Big Bill, & Preston Vance when Hook used Redrum on Vance. After the match, Matt forced Ethan to join their celebration.

*Powerhouse Hobbs def. Shawn Spears after the Spinebuster

*Juice Robinson def. Pat Buck

*Toni Storm(c) def. Anna Jay, Britt Baker, & Skye Blue via pinfall on Skye to retain the AEW Women's Championship.

*Tony Khan came to the ring to thank the fans. 

*Orange Cassidy & Darby Allin def. Jericho Appreciation Society (Daniel Garcia & Matt Menard)

• Like 2

AEW/NJPW SPOILERS:

Spoiler

Eddie Kingston in G1 Climax 33!!!

Will Ospreay beat Lance Archer in the #1 contender match for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship and wants Kenny Omega at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door in Canada!!!

• Like 5

NJPW is a super conservative company. They move slow. And you could tell they were hesitant to commit too much to this little experiment with AEW last year.

With two matches announced this year, it seems like they’ve decided it’s a worthwhile endeavor and an important event.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Well now Forbidden Door 2023 quickly looks like the Forbidden Door 2022 show we thought we were getting (and that show ruled anyway)

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

NJPW is a super conservative company. They move slow. And you could tell they were hesitant to commit too much to this little experiment with AEW last year.

With two matches announced this year, it seems like they’ve decided it’s a worthwhile endeavor and an important event.

DON’T JINX THIS! I’m terrified for this buildup and hoping there are no fights or injuries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

No fights? But it's pro wrestling! There are supposed to be fights!

I guess they could run some best-of packages for a few weeks.

Oh wait. Not those fights. Carry on.

As much as it will hurt @Gordlow, everything must be interview segments and promo packages with minimal contact. We must not risk this event. If battle is required for a feud, board games or edgy madlib competitions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

They have a gigantic roster and a ton of undercard acts who could use some time in the limelight - have the in-ring action focus on them while the folks you want healthy for FD cut promos and have video packages and shit like that. Hell, an Osprey/Callis/Omega sitdown with JR is RIGHT there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

They have a gigantic roster and a ton of undercard acts who could use some time in the limelight - have the in-ring action focus on them while the folks you want healthy for FD cut promos and have video packages and shit like that. Hell, an Osprey/Callis/Omega sitdown with JR is RIGHT there. 

What if I've already headcanoned RJ City playing Mouse Trap with Kazuchika Okada?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparkleface said:

What if I've already headcanoned RJ City playing Mouse Trap with Kazuchika Okada?

There's always time for that right after an Iron Savages/Outrunners vs Hardyz/Hook/Isaiah match!

• Like 2

There's only one place that this BCC-Elite feud can be contained..

Inside the confines of a fifteen foot high steel..

no.

a fifteen foot high ultra highly plush soft room filled with bubble wrap. Kept separate of course. (I was going to let them bump into each other in those giant atlassphere containers, but that's risky!)

Actually, theres a CONTENT idea. All Elite Gladiators! Which AEW wrestlers would do best in American Gladiators (had that on my mind with the dueling American Gladiators documentaries out)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EVA said:

The planned card for the first FB went through countless changes due to injuries etc (easy to forget Tanahashi coming out to face CM Punk after all the drama that would come afterwards) so I would say not the best measure of intent. If anything i was surprised how well both sides commited to the concept. I would however guess that those same changes could've changed the attitude this time round to doing these big matches while they could because they might not get the chance to again. X could be injured next year, Y could be holding the title etc so no point trying to hold things back.

Spoiler

Surprised by Okada/Danielson happening because Okada/Tanahashi/Ishii as 6-man champions seemed a team of guys who were over in the US that New Japan had no current plans for and in the case of Tanahashi and Ishii probably not the best choices for a high profile singles match. A NJPW bucket list team for American-based wrestlers to face to keep them happy without having to send them over for a New Japan tour. Obviously, what we're getting is much better.

At this point I’m kind of worried that Punk won’t be on the Forbidden Door card but I might have to come to expect that if the Elite are featured at any given PPV. There goes my dream match versus Tanahashi, I guess.

1 minute ago, Casey said:

At this point I’m kind of worried that Punk won’t be on the Forbidden Door card but I might have to come to expect that if the Elite are featured at any given PPV. There goes my dream match versus Tanahashi, I guess.

As I was reading I was gonna respond to this with hopefully we get Tanahashi vs Punk. Fingers crossed!

I bet that with PPV’s they can be in the same building. But idk anything anymore. Having Collision based PPV’s will be dumb. Idk. IDK.

• Like 1