DVDVR Message Board

RIP DEAN RASMUSSEN

RIPPA

Truly terrible news, I'm a much more recent poster on the boards than some of you but DEAN~! made me feel incredibly welcomed and it was a privilege to be able to enjoy in this crazy sport of Wrestling with him for as long as I could.

• Like 4

RIP in peace to my motherfucking friend DEAN. He sent me a very nice message when I was struggling personally a couple years ago. He’s a good dude. 

• Like 6

I was trying to remember today when I first met Dean. It was definitely 2000 at the latest because I was at the OMEGA reunion show, but I can't remember if I met him sooner than that.

It's really not relevant.

I just remember him always being full of enthusiasm for the things he loved and thinking "this guy is something else". My opinion of him never really changed.

It was a joy to have had him in my life all these years, even as I drifted in and out as I did. He was a good man. I'm so sorry.

• Like 7

I did my mourning preemptively, no sad stuff here. I'm going to deal with this by watching more wrestling and writing about it. Homeboy is parked in front of God's stash of house show footage right now with OSJ, catching up on those early Bockwinkel defenses I hope we all get to watch some day.  Just let me know when we're fundraising for the Dean Rasmussen Memorial Cup and I'll money mark you a couple thou.

RIP~! to the greatest man to ever write about the greatest thing.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

I started at... RSPW, I think, and then went to CRZ, and DEAN's posts on the-w were vivid and passionate and alive and so, so saturated with identity and joie de vivre. And then I was drawn here. It's basically been 22 years adjacent to DEAN's energy and I will miss him and can't and won't forget him.

• Like 4

I wish I had more to say but right now my heart is extremely heavy and all I can think is "Fuck! Fuck! Goddammit!" and variations of the like. RIP, Dean. This fucking sucks.

• Like 8

Man. . .what an absolute gut punch.

Like many of you, I didn't know DEAN outside of this space. But the joy and energy he brought to talking about "the professional wrestling" was undeniable. Even during stretches where things seemed to get stale, DEAN had a way of making our favorite passion seem like the greatest thing in the world. He's a big part of why all of us are here and have the interactions that we do, and the impact he's had on the lives of everyone here. . .even those that never got the opportunity to shake his hand or buy him a beverage. . .is undeniable.

Thanks, DEAN. . .for everything.

• Like 11

I've never been the most interactive person here, but Dean's posts, comix, and everything else were very high on the list of things that kept me hanging around since the early 2000s. If you knew him personally, I envy for, and empathize with your titanic lost today. 

• Like 6

As long as I've been on the internet, I've been reading Dean's thoughts on wrestling. I got to interview him once for my radio show. We spent so much time swearing that my co-host didn't even realize our feed had been cut 20 minutes in.

I loved his genuine love of wrestling and how he would talk about it with anyone. I loved his laugh and sense of humor. I always wanted to meet him just to shake his hand and thank him for keeping me entertained all these years

My heart aches for his family. My heart aches for his friends. My heart aches for all of us, because without DEAN none of us would have crossed paths.

Rest In Peace Dean Rasmussen and Thank You from the bottom of my heart!

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 8