DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/1 - 5/7/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Survey says .. one more win for the Vincels.

In all seriousness, how the fuck did this guy wrack up nigh on $20 million in hush money payments. Absolutely and utterly absurd.

• Like 1

So wait if I am hearing right there are people in the new World Title tournament that is either currently on Smackdown or will be when the thing starts.  The current Universal champ is and always will be on Smackdown.  So unless Roman drops the belt soon (  🤣 🤣),  there is a likely possibly that both belts could be on one brands STILL.  

Edited by hammerva

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So wait if I am hearing right there are people in the new World Title tournament that is either currently on Smackdown or will be when the thing starts.  The current Universal champ is and always will be on Smackdown.  So unless Roman drops the belt soon (  🤣 🤣),  there is a likely possibly that both belts could be on one brands STILL.  

I don't think they have announced participants for the tournament yet. 

Well technically they have only announced that the tournament will be on RAW and Smackdown.   So I guess it is entirely possible that even though it is on Smackdown it will only feature RAW wrestlers.   Which probably doesn't make sense either 

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I probably missed it, but I don't recall hearing anything about the tournament taking place on Smackdown either. 

Here's the announcement:

• Like 1

Hunter said last week, the belt is exclusive to Raw, since Roman was drafted to Smackdown.  

Guessing they just don't have enough believable main eventers on Raw to do a full blown 16 man tournament. Plus this way, they'll have a couple of weeks to build the feud, since NoC is in 3 weeks anyway.  

I'm guessing Seth is a mortal lock to win the Raw side, and Smackdown can be anyone from McIntyre, Sheamus, Lashley, or (and this is makes a lot of sense and probably where they'll go...) an Uso.  Most likely Jey. 

Kind of disappointed they aren't doing a proper tournament though I also sort of understand why. Does feel weird to effectively offer a Smackdown talent the chance to move over immediately to Raw just after the draft goes into effect. 

Sounds like Puerto Rico blew the Continental US crowds out of the water tonight.

One could only imagine the complete and utter insanity if they had run a 1998/99-era RAW in Puerto Rico. Even with the sea of signs in the crowds back then, Puerto Rico on live TV would have been a madhouse then. (Not sure what the WWF's TV situation was in Puerto Rico in the 90s)

This board, of all places, probably doesn't need to be told about PR crowds though.

Opening segment with LWO and Judgement Day was fun. Don't speak Spanish, but I just love the love enthusiasm the crowd has for Rey and Zelina. The continued hatred for Dom was fantastic as well. 

Viking Raiders vs. Gallows/Anderson and Street Profits vs. Imperium were both solid if forgettable.

The Bianca/Damage Ctrl segment was decent.

Nakamura/Kross was surprisingly good. The hot crowd definitely helped, but even without it it was definitely one of Kross's better performances. Glad to see the rebuilding of Nakamura continues. 

Rey/Zelina vs. Dom/Rhea was the super fun match you would expect. Thought they did a good job with Zelian paying FIP while also showing she isn't completely chanceless tomorrow. Dom was a heat magnet as expected and picked his moments well to piss off the crowd. The post match attack by Priest and save by Bunny and the rest of the LWO was neat. 

Always nice to see WWE do a televised show or event outside of their usual areas in the US and Canada. Thought this was a solid go home show for Backlash tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Absolutely molten crowd. Running a lead-off segment large parts of which are not in English is a bold narrative decision. Makes the whole angle feel even larger than life. The product is as culturally/ethnically diverse up and down the card as I think it has ever been in its entire history at the moment.

• Like 3