DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2023

44 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Wasn’t the offence that did ‘em in less of a “won’t stop shitting on AEW” and more of a “wouldn’t stop being a shithead and didn’t know when to walk away”? 

And don’t poke the bear/dolphin as it were. 😀

If I recall correctly from the scriptures, Elijah and Enoch are the only two that Dolfan did not Stone Cold Stunner. All else will eventually face our Johnny Cash middle finger judgement.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Octopus said:

If I recall correctly from the scriptures, Elijah and Enoch are the only two that Dolfan did not Stone Cold Stunner. All else will eventually face our Johnny Cash middle finger judgement.

My wife accidentally opened my phone to the ratings thread and now she’s salt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

If more folks just used that Ignore feature, we'd all eventually never see the bullshit. We can DO this! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

I wish the ignore feature worked to where I just didn't see the person's posts whatsoever. Like... vanish them like a ghost. Instead it's "this post is not visible because you have ignored the person" and there's no way I have the impulse control to ignore that. It's why I have so many Reese's cups in my freezer. (They were on sale this week.)

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

I wish the ignore feature worked to where I just didn't see the person's posts whatsoever. Like... vanish them like a ghost. Instead it's "this post is not visible because you have ignored the person" and there's no way I have the impulse control to ignore that. It's why I have so many Reese's cups in my freezer. (They were on sale this week.)

I hear that, especially when it's a few ignored folks going back and forth - plus we can't avoid quotes in replies so 🤷🏻

Reese's Cups on sale? Impossible to ignore!

• Like 2

When someone you have on Ignore quotes you, you don’t get a notification. I only discovered that quite recently.

• Like 3

I just want to say I loved everything about this interview and the way it encompasses long-form storytelling between Callis and Omega. I don't know where they are going with this, but this could be fantastic.

Callis has always been overlooked as a storyteller and wrestling orator. He's right up there with Paul Heyman.

https://youtu.be/81QivOh-xc0

• Like 3

Tony Khan revealed that ALL IN has sold around 65,000 tickets and is set for over 8 million gate.

Also AEW Collision being part of the old deal means more money added to the new contract. But same length.

If there will be news for tv renewal for AEW shows, I expect the news to be dropped months from now, they did annouce the previous renewing in Jan 2020 last time around.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbixenspan/2020/01/16/tnt-renews-aew-dynamite-through-2023-agrees-to-add-2nd-show/

Edited by 赤い竜

Tony Khan: I've Talked With Goldberg, What I've Talked To Him About Is Between Us

"Yeah, I have talked to Bill. It wouldn’t be that unusual. I’ve talked to Bill when he’s not been under contract at times, and I have a good relationship with Bill. I have had a good conversation with him, but I’ve had a lot of great conversations with Bill. His family has done a lot of great things in Jacksonville, he’s related to the Wolfson family, who built the Wolfson Children’s Hospital in Jacksonville. Bill is a great former football star, I worked in football, and it’s a big part of my life. We have a lot in common and we have a lot of mutual friends, and I have a really good relationship with Bill. I like him a lot. As to what I’ve talked to him about, I would say that’s just between the two of us. It was a good chat. I like Bill a lot, he’s a great guy"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

Tony Khan revealed that ALL IN has sold around 65,000 tickets and is set for over 8 million gate.

Also AEW Collision being part of the old deal means more money added to the new contract. But same length.

If there will be news for tv renewal for AEW shows, I expect the news to be dropped months from now, they did annouce the previous renewing in Jan 2020 last time around.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbixenspan/2020/01/16/tnt-renews-aew-dynamite-through-2023-agrees-to-add-2nd-show/

So a few people definitely jumped the gun on that $1 billion TV deal BS.

• Like 2

I’d like to see Jericho vs face Guevara. Including a proxy war of Sammy against Garcia. Guevara had an awkward face attempt in the past with the TNT Title feuds that didn’t work out, but I think it is possible for a good guy run. If I’m wrong, I deeply apologize for bringing this into the world.

• Like 3

Apparently even though MJF had a cast of sorts on his arm at the scrum, no one asked about it. In real time I thought he was actually injured as there were some signs of it during the match, but I'm ok with being worked also. Even if he is injured it didn't seem to be a long term situation, although I'd be surprised if he had a match at Forbidden Door either way.

• Like 1