DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2023

I can definitely believe Punk would blow this up out of loyalty to his friend, but another part of me believes that everyone realized announcing a big return like that in a press release at 11am isn’t the right move.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

Are we at the point yet where grown-ass 40something year old men like Punk and Steele, guys with money and good jobs, acting like they live by some “punk ethos,” is more cringe than hedge fund managers gassing up their Harleys for the weekend?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Plus, PPVs make AEW a ton of money. WBD would have to cough up a lot more for the new deal, to cover that, if they really want those shows on MAX. They may not be willing to do that. 

"A ton of money" being slightly more than $10 million a year, which is peanuts in the big picture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Are we at the point yet where 40something year old men like Punk and Steele, guys with money and good jobs, acting like they live by some “punk ethos” is more cringe than hedge fund managers gassing up their Harleys for the weekend?

I've been at that point for a long time now.

That said, it isn't really our place to ask this, but the way Punk's been acting, I can't help but wonder if he's okay. Like mentally okay. Like... stable. If one line in a promo from Hangman was enough to set off this sort of doom spiral when he said and did way worse throughout his career, I wonder if someone with his history of head trauma might not exactly be doing the best in the world.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

That said, it isn't really our place to ask this, but the way Punk's been acting, I can't help but wonder if he's okay. Like mentally okay. Like... stable. If one line in a promo from Hangman was enough to set off this sort of doom spiral when he said and did way worse throughout his career, I wonder if someone with his history of head trauma might not exactly be doing the best in the world.

Whatever caused Punk's estrangement with his biological family has never been addressed, and he projects his frustration from that onto everyone else - it's not a recent thing

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I too used to live by a punk ethos. And then I grew up, started a career, and turned that ethos into hobbies like doing home repairs or remodeling myself, watercolor painting, woodworking with power tools and hand tools (dovetail joints bitches!), etc. And I try to instill that diy mindset and individuality in my older daughter so she knows she can largely not give a fuck about dumb kids at school.

Then you have this fucking guy who is a couple years older than me pulling these bitch moves and not playing  ball because of Ace fucking Steel, a dude that should have been arrested for assault for biting the shit out of Kenny’s arm and throwing a chair so hard at Nick Jackson that it knocked him out. Grow the fuck up.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Whatever caused Punk's estrangement with his biological family has never been addressed, and he projects his frustration from that onto everyone else - it's not a recent thing

I said it a few days ago.  Dude’s always on the lookout for betrayal and, surprise surprise, always finds it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1