DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2023

Right now, I am at the point in my SMW rewatch where the Thrillseekers get the same five minute music video with maybe the corniest song possible every week. I could look up the song but I cannot muster up the effort to find it.

With Storm no longer under WWE employ, they need to somehow recreate that music video shot for shot as now 50+ year old men. Now that would be ratings.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I am no longer optimistic. We are inching towards death. No Rush for anyone. We all get our own personal long Jericho feud that will play on repeat until our final judgement. 

Joke's on you, Cephalopod. I would relish my time with Daddy Magic.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Doesn't appear so, but he likes the movies maybe?

Tony Khan Compares AEW to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in One Key Way

"[Iron Man is] still my favorite Marvel movie. I just think that's a great movie. I don't think it's just a great comic book movie. It's a great movie about ingenuity. That's definitely my father's favorite of the Marvel movies," Khan said. "My dad and I saw that, and my dad's the smartest person I've ever known. And he really liked that movie. And so I know that there was something to it. If that makes sense. It wasn't just fluff."

Oh come on, Iron Man?! Look, I think RDJ did an excellent job in that role, but there are some absolute bangers of Marvel films outside of that. Not even counting Infinity War, what about Guardians? Or the masterpiece that was Black Panther? 

Also that Collision logo fucks hard. I love that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Joke's on you, Cephalopod. I would relish my time with Daddy Magic.

He’s gonna be drafted by Dynamite and will join the elite. He will tear it up in amazing segments with Nakazawa on Dark, but Dark will now literally be dark so no one will see it. We are in end times, people! Say your prayers and hope the hordes of Jericho show you mercy.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Right now, I am at the point in my SMW rewatch where the Thrillseekers get the same five minute music video with maybe the corniest song possible every week. I could look up the song but I cannot muster up the effort to find it.

With Storm no longer under WWE employ, they need to somehow recreate that music video shot for shot as now 50+ year old men. Now that would be ratings.

They got THREE cheesy videos. There's the one with the go-karts and carnival stuff set to "Rock America" by Danger Danger, the one where Jericho is trying to harass Storm to go out and party set to "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" by Bon Jovi, and the one where they're working out set to "Fast Times" by Billy Squier, and they look like the biggest dorks on the planet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah if Punks not gonn be a part of this, why even have a brand split? I think it just overcomplicates the whole thing unecessarily. I'd much rather just have the whole roster be available.

1 minute ago, matt925 said:

I know this vague stuff doesn’t help anything and it’s all speculation. But man oh man what is going on. 

Punk waiting for all this to get announced so he can officially file his lawsuit and demand more money for a settlement

"It appears I'm now worth a billion dollars"

113_CM_Punk.0.0.jpg

Just now, Log said:

Has a real brand split been confirmed? Not doubting anyone here, I just genuinely can't recall if there was an official announcement/confirmation/whatever.

I'm at the point I don't remember what I said where (because yes, it is a confusing day) but Sapp reported that he heard from talent that they were explicitly told that they were going to learn what brand they will be on in June and some were told to make sure they were available Wednesday vs Saturday. Nothing has been officially announced except for that there's a show called Collision and that it will feature Joe Andrade, Miro, Rosa, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Plot twist: The brand split is actually to appease Andrade in an attempt to sign Charlotte.

I mean Storm thinks that you're on to something (even if not the same something)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Is this a thing someone is actually reporting? 

Fightful Select is reporting that CM Punks is still in play and there's been talk of Ace Steel being brought back, but it's not confirmed (ace steel).

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

They got THREE cheesy videos. There's the one with the go-karts and carnival stuff set to "Rock America" by Danger Danger, the one where Jericho is trying to harass Storm to go out and party set to "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" by Bon Jovi, and the one where they're working out set to "Fast Times" by Billy Squier, and they look like the biggest dorks on the planet.

Yeah, I am at the point where I have seen all three. However, the first two are in heavy rotation.

Somehow, each music video was dorkier than the last. If that didn't kill Jericho's career, being the Goon would be no sweat.

Seriously, Cornette better have Steven P Neu on speed dial so Jericho won't sue him for emotional distress.