DVDVR Message Board

WWE and Endeavor To Merge

Matt D

34 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The sale to GoJo is about to go off the rails, so WWE and Succession will deviate soon enough.

I want to see mustache Vince stand on boxes. 

Nah, Roman's going to break with his sibs to get GoJo through. 

The previews make it look like Siobh Shiv and Kendall are going to do a massive team-up with Stewie et al., though, so if that happens, I look forward to Hunter and Steph using their Endeavor payouts to purchase half of AEW. 

13 minutes ago, SirSmUgly said:

Nah, Roman's going to break with his sibs to get GoJo through. 

The previews make it look like Siobh Shiv and Kendall are going to do a massive team-up with Stewie et al., though, so if that happens, I look forward to Hunter and Steph using their Endeavor payouts to purchase half of AEW. 

Stewie is the front man for the Saudis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm getting a weird Vicente Fernandez vibe. Someone shop him into a mariachi suit.

I am legitimately surprised no writer in WWE who happens to watch boxing hasn't come up with idea of having a babyface Mexican wrestler come out to "El Rey" like Canelo and Juan Manuel Marquez have done in the past. That shit is the Mexican "Sweet Caroline".

Now that I think about it, maybe it's best it never happened. This probably would have transpired.

"Sir, we own the rights to El Rey now."

"Good...never liked the Mysterio name anyway. Also, tell his kid that he is now "El Dom"."

".....Okay."

9 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I am legitimately surprised no writer in WWE who happens to watch boxing hasn't come up with idea of having a babyface Mexican wrestler come out to "El Rey" like Canelo and Juan Manuel Marquez have done in the past. That shit is the Mexican "Sweet Caroline".

Now that I think about it, maybe it's best it never happened. This probably would have transpired.

"Sir, we own the rights to El Rey now."

"Good...never liked the Mysterio name anyway. Also, tell his kid that he is now "El Dom"."

".....Okay."

As I've said elsewhere, I want an American rudo using it in Mexico. Imagine the heat Sam Adonis or Johnny Caballero would get walking out to that jam.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

As I've said elsewhere, I want an American rudo using it in Mexico. Imagine the heat Sam Adonis or Johnny Caballero would get walking out to that jam.

I totally forgot Justin Gaethje did it just last year for UFC 274 in Phoenix (same night Canelo lost to Dmitry Bivol weirdly enough) during Cinco de Mayo weekend . He was the babyface cause even though he's white (editor's note: His mother is at least of Mexican descent) he's from Arizona and obviously picked the best song for that occasion.

If you're going to pander, that's how you do it.

Edit: Okay, now it makes sense:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Roman said:

EfBvjHV.png

When I look at this picture, in my left ear I am hearing "figaro, figaro, figaro" while in my right ear I am hearing "toréador, on garde...".

Edited by Robert S
  • Haha 1

so, will this merger mean that Jeremy Piven returns to Raw in full Ari Gold character? plus Piven has had sexual assault accusations in the last 5 years so that makes him more likely to be in the new Vince era.

edit: fortunately for Dominik, he got over in Judgment Day before they could make Dom into Turtle from Entourage.

Edited by Cobra Commander

17 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

That's a good side discussion to have - when else has writing/booking in wrestling borrowed from popular TV shows/movies and actually been good?

I remember reading in Foley's first book that he'd structured certain parts of the first Boiler Room match to be like the fight scene in Cape Fear, so that's the immediate example jumping out at me.

I know you weren't looking for gimmicks as answers, but it's hard not to think of things like Razor being Tony Montana, Sting being The Crow, Kane using aspects of Jason Voorhees' presentation (especially early on, like the head tilt thing)

• Like 1

Look, I'll give Vince credit for rolling with the Errol Flynn look and just having confidence in it. I guess if I improbably made billions of dollars because of familial connections instead of languishing away pumping gas in Kill Devil Hills or wherever for the rest of my life, I'd think I could pull off anything, too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/4/2023 at 11:35 AM, Dolphman 3000 said:

That's a good side discussion to have - when else has writing/booking in wrestling borrowed from popular TV shows/movies and actually been good?

Stevie Richards and meanie doing The Blond Bitch Blair witch spoof

also ECW “pulp fiction” montages 

Edited by zendragon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

once Vince makes enough money, he'll be able to finish the rest of his mustache

Since Vince has facial hair now, you think he overcame his distain for sneezing?

Does he refer to steak and chicken wraps as burritos now ?

4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Since Vince has facial hair now, you think he overcame his distain for sneezing?

Does he refer to steak and chicken wraps as burritos now ?

guessing that the mustache doesn't get close to his nose so that it "won't cause him to sneeze"

17 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

once Vince makes enough money, he'll be able to finish the rest of his mustache

He trims off the part that shows the coke snot

• Like 1
  • Haha 4