DVDVR Message Board

WWE and Endeavor To Merge

Matt D

6 hours ago, piranesi said:

Can someone smarter and less old and stoned than me just explain is this the best possible outcome because it keeps WWE as part of a scummy outsider culture with no regulation instead of a subsidiary of a mainstream corporate drone culture

or is it the worst possible outcome because, well because it keeps WWE as part of a scummy outsider culture with no regulation instead of a subsidiary of a mainstream corporate drone culture? 

It's worse, because it is both.  It's a scummy outsider culture underneath the umbrella of a corporation ran by the dude Ari from Entorage was based on.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Punk's pipebomb gets more prescient by the year on Vince McMahon.

I wouldn’t be looking to Punk as a good judge of character. Look how many stories came out about him last year. And the Brawl Out press conference wouldn’t have happened had Mr. Professionalism himself not started it. 

Yes Vince is a scumbag, and should be shot off in a cannon towards the moon (or wherever you’d like to send him), but he’s still entitled to sell his company to whomever he likes. Just like Dan Snyder is with the Washington Commanders. And to be fully honest I’m not sure Snyder isn’t just as bad as Vince, but he gets less attention since his football team is one of the 10-12 worst at the moment.

Edited by LF2

39 minutes ago, supremebve said:

It's worse, because it is both.  It's a scummy outsider culture underneath the umbrella of a corporation ran by the dude Ari from Entorage was based on.

Well people need to stop watching it! I knew when Steph left for a second time he was back! Just stop watching it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

When I made my Reese's peanut butter cup of abusive toxicity comment, I forgot that Ari fucking Emanuel is also involved.

21 hours ago, The Natural said:

FszEuK4WYAAbA0c?format=png&name=small

Vince McMahon looks like Josef Fritzl and I can't unsee it.

I'm getting a weird Vicente Fernandez vibe. Someone shop him into a mariachi suit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guest lounging said:

Well people need to stop watching it! I knew when Steph left for a second time he was back! Just stop watching it!

I do not give them any money. I will watch PPVs with my best friend,  because he is still a weekly WWE watcher,  but I don't have Peacock,  and I was a Nielson person for 3 years(the pandemic extended my run) and there was not a single second of WWE programming that entire time. You don't have to tell me not to watch. I wouldn't give them bitches a dime if they were destitute and begging at the gas station. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LF2 said:

I wouldn’t be looking to Punk as a good judge of character. Look how many stories came out about him last year. And the Brawl Out press conference wouldn’t have happened had Mr. Professionalism himself not started it. 

Yes Vince is a scumbag, and should be shot off in a cannon towards the moon (or wherever you’d like to send him), but he’s still entitled to sell his company to whomever he likes. Just like Dan Snyder is with the Washington Commanders. And to be fully honest I’m not sure Snyder isn’t just as bad as Vince, but he gets less attention since his football team is one of the 10-12 worst at the moment.

Punk was just a douchebag mad because a bigger douchebag had the power over him.

• Thanks 1

Vince: "My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
HHH: "Ditto."
Vince: "'Ditto?' 'Ditto,' you provincial putz?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

We should just have a running list of people Vince has now been compared to:

Hedley Lamar

Snidely Whiplash AND Boris Badenov

Daniel Plainview 

Error Flynn/Timothy Dalton 

Various Zorro actors 

Walt Disney

Clark Gable

John Waters

• Like 1

BTW, after watching the first two episodes of this season of Succession, it feels like it's more about WWE than ever. The storyline in Succession feels like it's mirroring what's going on in WWE. It's very bizarre. I wish someone on an interview with Jesse Armstrong would ask him if he's aware that there's more parallels to Succession and WWE than there are to News Corp.

• Like 1

What Vince's look most reminds me of is when Michael Jordan would start doing weird shit with his facial hair or clothes, like when he had the Hitler mustache for way too long.

I wonder what Vince's version of Kerry thinks about his look.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Raul Julia AS M. Bison.

What a performance by Raul Julia doing that for his kids while dying from cancer. My favourite scene:

Gone too soon. Fuck cancer.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Fs3gfirXgAU7HYT?format=jpg&name=small

"For you, the day the WWE graced your village was the most important day of your life.   For me?   It was Tuesday."

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

"For you, the day the WWE graced your village was the most important day of your life.   For me?   It was Tuesday."

I want this meme to lead to Vince learning about Street Fighter 30 years too late and repackaging Xia Li again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well played. Such a quotable performance. There's this as well:

Raul Julia carries that film like Bret Hart would a broomstick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I want this meme to lead to Vince learning about Street Fighter 30 years too late and repackaging Xia Li again.

If they dress Xia Li like Chun Li they are going to have to replace the don't try this at home video with a Calm Down Cibernetico video. 

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

"For you, day WWE was sold and I took back Gorilla was the day all your fears were proven right.  For me?  It was Monday."

• Thanks 1

I don't really pay much attention to numbers except to give them a glance, but have numbers for both Raw and SD been trending up with HHH in charge? Why ruin a good thing?

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't really pay much attention to numbers except to give them a glance, but have numbers for both Raw and SD been trending up with HHH in charge? Why ruin a good thing?

When has Vince ever needed a reason?

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, after watching the first two episodes of this season of Succession, it feels like it's more about WWE than ever. The storyline in Succession feels like it's mirroring what's going on in WWE. It's very bizarre. I wish someone on an interview with Jesse Armstrong would ask him if he's aware that there's more parallels to Succession and WWE than there are to News Corp.

The sale to GoJo is about to go off the rails, so WWE and Succession will deviate soon enough.

I want to see mustache Vince stand on boxes. 

• Like 1