DVDVR Message Board

2023 NCAAB - Madness~

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

meanwhile Houston is in a fight with Auburn in Birmingham, so we might see a third 1 seed go down before we reach the sweet 16

Auburn should have been in a different region, a 9 seed shouldn’t be getting defacto home games. 

• Like 1

It's the NCAA doing seeding for a non-major conference 1 seed. They might end up screwing Houston after they made people think they screwed KU by not giving KU the KCMO regional.

Also Houston is barely in the top 100 for strength of schedule and the Final Four is in Houston.

23 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

It's the NCAA doing seeding for a non-major conference 1 seed. They might end up screwing Houston after they made people think they screwed KU by not giving KU the KCMO regional.

Also Houston is barely in the top 100 for strength of schedule and the Final Four is in Houston.

It doesn’t matter who’s #1 in the region, a 9 seed should get the advantage of a defacto home game in the 1st round against an 8 seed.

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

At least people would be able to guess where USC Upstate is within 2 guesses (they might think it's in California at first). They're gonna struggle at figuring out where Tarleton State is located.

Not if they know their nickname. 😁

Miami d. Indiana (M)

Miami d. Indiana (W)

This is the first time in 9 years one school beats both of the other school's teams.   This is the first time in 22 years both games were upset wins. 

• Like 1

And it will be 23 straight years without a Big Ten national title in men's basketball. (21 if you want to count Maryland in 2002, but since they didn't join the Big Ten for another dozen years... It's ugly either way.)

• Like 1

30 years ago we were in the Bradley locker room looking at the schedule and this school none of us had heard of called Florida Atlantic. They were still D-II but transitioning up, playing a bunch of D-I schools. The team saw that New Year's Eve trip to Boca Raton as the working vacation it was and enjoyed themselves immensely for a few days before rolling over the Owls.

What an f'n difference time makes. The comical under-seeding of FAU should be one of the big stories from this year's tournament... I don't think anyone would be surprised if they beat K State tomorrow and go to Houston.

Things I've learned so far on this year's bracket:

-If you see a small school from New Jersey that you've never heard of, PICK THEM!

-For the love of God, don't pick any Big Ten teams to go anywhere, except maybe Michigan State to surprise someone.

-Do not pick Virginia or Iowa St or Tennessee to go too far. They always (except that one year where Virginia, you know, won the whole damn thing) disappoint.

1 hour ago, Log said:

Things I've learned so far on this year's bracket:

-If you see a small school from New Jersey that you've never heard of, PICK THEM!

Starting to run out of schools though! Monmouth? Rider? My money's on NJIT next.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Log said:

I guess you can also pick ones you have heard of (Princeton).

You don't remember the mighty Highlanders knocking off Michigan in 2014? Shame shame shame...

• Like 1