DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Yeah - I don't think Bungie planned on folks, while contest mode was still on, to be able to beat the raid in under 30 minutes

Sweatcicle's and Saltagreppo's teams did a run together and did it flawless in 42 minutes (granted that is basically a Dream Team but still)

Since all the LFGs are basically just for the raid (or for activities I am not at a power level to do yet) - I have focused on the solo stuff

Got Winterbite and Deterministic Chaos. Next will be the quest for Final Warning

Completed the catalyst for Quicksilver Storm

I need to grind playlist stuff for the Bow catalyst

Caught Byf's vid on Root of Nightmare's lore and story. Didn't awatch anypoen play through fully so it was nice to see. Like that is easily the prettiest raid I have seen in Destiny. All of the lore sounded pretty interesting well. Looking forward to more on after Byf and other lore masters go through the raid a dozen times or more to find new shit. 

Edit: Running the Mars Battleground it boggles my mind how there are still dumbfucks who want to separate in the early part, during a fucking Niightfall no less.

Edited by Eivion

28 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Edit: Running the Mars Battleground it boggles my mind how there are still dumbfucks who awant to seaparate in the early part, during a fucking Niightfall no less.

This happened on my first of three run-throughs of the Nightfall (to get the max points for the Pinnacle)

Not only did one dude run to B first - neither of the two dudes I was with seemed to have a clue that you needed to kill the dude before the Deathsong finished

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This happened on my first of three run-throughs of the Nightfall (to get the max points for the Pinnacle)

Not only did one dude run to B first - neither of the two dudes I was with seemed to have a clue that you needed to kill the dude before the Deathsong finished

Same exact thing happened with my first two runs today. Ended up leaving both because it was just looking hopeless, especially the first one where one guy ran of before I did.

Got the Final Stand this afternoon - boy was that a fairly straight forward quest

Speaking of Exotic Quests - didn't realize Shawn Han had a quest now to get Arbalest. Irritating that the 2nd step requires doing public events on Neomuna and that Terminal Overloads don't count as public events for said quest

Got Final Stand and Winterbite. Still need Deterministic Chaos and Vexcalibur. 

Edit: Have to admit my inner asshole can't help but laugh at Datto's anger over Root of Nightmare's ease. He probably isn't entirely wrong, but you can't help but get a feel a big part of it is saltiness over his team's placement. You can't really blame the easiness of the raid since realistically it should have meant he and other raid experts should have arguably done even better than usual. I do think there is something to be said though if the raid enemies were legit easier than patrol enemies on Neomuna. That is a problem that makes little sense if true. I just kind of wonder how true it is. 

Edited by Eivion

Well I definitely know Raid on Contest mode was easier than Legend Lost Sectors right now since I have seen all over the place folks talking about not even bothering with Lost Sectors because of how insane they are now (especially the Neomuna ones)

I could see the patrols on Neomuna definitely being tougher partly due to the framerate issue. There was a Twitter conversation last week between dmg and Paul Tassi that strongly implied that framerate is the reason Threshers are suddenly a nightmare

Fallout had a good comment that was along the lines of Datto's raid video is the equivalent of byf's lore/campaign video. Clearly there is a issue with Lightfall if the #1 lore guy has an issue with the lore and the #1 raid guy have issues with it.

BTW - Fallout had the same numbers Datto referenced in his video but in chart form and it is insane to see the RON clears vs all the other raids

Welp - since this morning is the first time in like a week I was looking for a fireteam - I noticed already people using Guardian Rank to exclude people

Really amuses me that some fireteams are already all "You must be Justicar or higher"

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There was a Twitter conversation last week between dmg and Paul Tassi that strongly implied that framerate is the reason Threshers are suddenly a nightmare

Threshers being a pain in the ass based on framerates is semi bullshit. Threshers are a pain in the ass more because they, alongside tanks, got buffed in health and damage. Threshers' homing attack was always terrible. Its just that you used to be able to outrun it. Regardless of framerates they very clearly sped up the attack so you can longer simply outrun it. It also persist longer than it used to as well. Framerates likely just make it worse. Keep in mind I'm a PS4 player. My framerate isn't exactly great, and those things still wreck me. 

Edited by Eivion

Yeah - framerate is the least of my issues on an XBOX

My biggest issues at the moment are connections issues - that appear only to be when doing Crucible

I got anteatered out of 3 straight Mayhem matches (fortunately two occurred after the match ended) so I stopped trying

I am about to hop on for the new weekly stuff so I will see if the problem persists (it could be because it is windy as fuck around here right now)

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Exactly what Aztecross predicted would happen with Commendation ranks. I haven't really focused on them much. 

It is really frustrating that they are so strongly tied to getting to the next level when 

a) you can only give out 2 at a time (which is a problem in activities like Crucible and Gambit)

b) the screen is so quick and loads so slowly - it is really hard to give them out in Crucible

c) they basically have no meaning since people are just giving them out because they are tied to rank/triumphs

Granted - I am also being held back because of the Lost Sector requirement. I didn't realize they were 1830 until I went to do one of the EDZ ones today. I will be lucky to hit 1800 at the end of the week

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Welp - since this morning is the first time in like a week I was looking for a fireteam - I noticed already people using Guardian Rank to exclude people

Really amuses me that some fireteams are already all "You must be Justicar or higher"

I like that Datto's stream title today is "Trying to get to Rank 8 so I can get into LFGs"

Digging the seasonal story relationships building between Misraaks, Amanda, & Devrim. Its nice to see people like them and Asher Mir get more shit to do finally. Kind of hoping the rumor about a certain planet returning next season is true just so we can see the vendor from there again. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is really frustrating that they are so strongly tied to getting to the next level when 

a) you can only give out 2 at a time (which is a problem in activities like Crucible and Gambit)

b) the screen is so quick and loads so slowly - it is really hard to give them out in Crucible

c) they basically have no meaning since people are just giving them out because they are tied to rank/triumphs

Granted - I am also being held back because of the Lost Sector requirement. I didn't realize they were 1830 until I went to do one of the EDZ ones today. I will be lucky to hit 1800 at the end of the week

I just "hit" 1800 today. My pinnacles are 1802 & 1803 so I hit it already, but apparently none of it counted until I slapped on an 1800+ heavy weapon. I'm scared to try legend lost sectors before I hit the hard cap. 

I am barely able to dole out commendations in Gambit and have yet to hand out one in Crucible. Even if the loading screens were faster it would still be too little time. Not sure why they kept the screens so short for Gambit and Crucible while Vanguard Ops and other activities are long. 

Got the redone Arms Dealer strike this evening (still haven't gotten Lake of Shadows)

It confirmed what I figured was going to happen - Cayde is being completely removed from the game as the new strike is lead by Caiatl and Devrim

The Cabal are now Shadow Legion and they explain how we are still killing "Bracus Zahn"

They put up a bunch of energy fields that you need to break to keep folks from sparrowing around. Also lots of support from Caiatl's forces - who I legit think are just there to target Threshers

WAY more turrets now - in fact they replaced the 2nd tank with basically 6 turrets (and they are a son of a bitch)

Also Zahn no longer peaks his head over on the elevator ride so I am assuming that kills that cheese method.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Got the redone Arms Dealer strike this evening (still haven't gotten Lake of Shadows)

It confirmed what I figured was going to happen - Cayde is being completely removed from the game as the new strike is lead by Caiatl and Devrim

The Cabal are now Shadow Legion and they explain how we are still killing "Bracus Zahn"

They put up a bunch of energy fields that you need to break to keep folks from sparrowing around. Also lots of support from Caiatl's forces - who I legit think are just there to target Threshers

WAY more turrets now - in fact they replaced the 2nd tank with basically 6 turrets (and they are a son of a bitch)

Also Zahn no longer peaks his head over on the elevator ride so I am assuming that kills that cheese method.

To be fair its not necessarily them going out of their way to remove old Cayde lines as much as its about updating things for difficulty while introducing story reasons.

Did some Crucible to knock out the weekly pinnacle. It kind of bothers me how decent I am at killing invisible people in 6v6. I won none of my games but did rather well individual wise. With the current invis bug the roaming void super for Hunters can be scary again because you can see nothing but the shadow and occasional glow of the blades. 

Oh I wasn't thinking they were going out of their way to do it - just that it officially happened since it made me a little sad.

It definitely made sense since especially the New Light campaign was weird because they would be talking about how great Cayde was and how sad they all were and then you would do strikes and he would pop up.

Oh talking about Crucible reminded me - apparently dmg tweeted that you can give commendations (at least in Crucible) from the results page so you don't have to flip back and forth (if you want to actually give to people who helped as opposed to randomly guessing)

• Like 1

In the TWAB - they said they will be moving the "Lost Sector" requirement to a higher Guardian rank sooner rather than later because so many players are "stuck in Rank 6" (like myself)