DVDVR Message Board

February 2023 Wrestling Discussion

45 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Hey man, we gotta save something for the Power Slap League and all the advertising dollars they're set to make.

*in my best Norm voice*

" After the success of his Power Slap League Dana White has announced his next venture: Professional Knife Fighting."

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, sabremike said:

*in my best Norm voice*

" After the success of his Power Slap League Dana White has announced his next venture: Professional Knife Fighting."

Krav Maga? I mean there are enough schools across the country where they might as well have one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red King said:

I'm one of the most critical people on here in regards to the WWE product. But this is hard to ignore. They literally made more money this year than any year before it. Even adjusted for inflation it's still number one. I may not like it, but they know what they're doing. Over a billion dollars in revenue. Over 200 million in pure profit. WWE is fail proof.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Before this week, I didn't know that Lanny Poffo was born in Canada and Tommy Lee was born in Greece. Huge week.

Tommy Lee's mother has a big, fat Greek name, Vassiliki "Voula" Papadimitriou. She was a contestant in the 1957 Miss Greece contest. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DJ Hero Morganti said:

If not, it's easily top 5.  It might lose some points for the muted crowd

If a muted crowd response makes it one of the top five hottest tags you've ever seen, either "hot tag" has changed meaning or you've only seen five hot tags and Cesaro gets in by default😉

27 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Fantasy Fun: Cody is the figurative Jericho. Now pick a The Giant/Big Show and four members of a new The Radicalz from AEW’s roster to shockingly jump to WWE. 

Cody's the Jericho here?

Satnam for Giant/Big Show, the Radicalz would be Starks, Guevara, Comoroto, Scorpio Sky.

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

Fantasy Fun: Cody is the figurative Jericho. Now pick a The Giant/Big Show and four members of a new The Radicalz from AEW’s roster to shockingly jump to WWE. 

Granted this is a hot mess that would hardly work, but Hangman Page would have to be The Giant (young former champion who has been pushed aside) and Radicalz were a mixture of two groups that were even feuding with each other, but if I were to pick, for example Wheeler Yuta and Daniel Garcia it would make less than zero impact. So, for the maximum gutting of roster impact that Radicalz leaving had at the time, it would have to be MJF, The Acclaimed & Jungle Boy.

5 hours ago, Octopus said:

Radicalz as in a tightish crew that is prominent but possibly undervalued there and would potentially shake things up in WWE? Ignore that one guy's been there before, but Chuck/Trent/OC/Danhausen?

I'm taking the giant part literally. Satnam. Developed in house. Is tall. Checks all of the two boxes. Will be world champion soon enough and check more boxes.

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Octopus said:

Wardlow is my new Titan the Corporate Giant for sure.

My New Radicalz (whom I very much hope get what they give) are:

* Konosuke Takeshita

* Ortiz

* Serena Deeb (Like John from Cincinnati with Trent, unsure if this is valid since she's been there)

* Hangman Page

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Wardlow is my new Titan the Corporate Giant for sure.

My New Radicalz (whom I very much hope get what they give) are:

* Konosuke Takeshita

* Ortiz

* Serena Deeb (Like John from Cincinnati with Trent, unsure if this is valid since she's been there)

* Hangman Page

We got the dreamers disease

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Things I’ve never noticed before

Goodfellas

a photo of Ali v Inoki is in the background  at least I think that’s what it is 

It is almost certainly the George Bellows painting Dempsey and Firpo.

31_95_cropped.jpeg
6222b479-fbf2-4397-8918-6b133d75a9a9_tex

Edited by Hamhock
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

BRON BREAKKER IN BOLA 2023 CONFIRMED!!

Didn't Shawn Michaels shoot that down, saying Ivy Nile was the only member of the roster doing a few indie dates? Or maybe WWE wants to announce it on their own eventually and he's doing damage control or something. I dunno.