DVDVR Message Board

February 2023 Wrestling Discussion

9 hours ago, caley said:

I remember Bret saying much the same in his book and how the two were on the booking committee and came in to tell Bret he'd beat Rock clean with the Sharpshooter (I can't remember if it was for the IC title or not) and Bret thought it was pointless because he didnt need the win and it would hurt Rock (also, Bret was probably also opposed to it because it stuck it to HHH and HBK a bit!) so he went and got the ending changed to Bret getting DQed for doing the figure four around the post on Rock and how Rock thanked him and Bret warned him to watch his back.

I don't watch Young Rock, do they put current WWE wrestlers/characters on the show? Maybe since Shawn is still very much a part of WWE they have an understanding with WWE not to portay current characters/wresters?!

They've had HHH as a character on the show a few times.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

Whatever happened to Jeff Hardy?

My money is refused to go to rehab so TK won’t put him back on tv, but I haven’t heard anything about him since AEW suspended him,

Matt said they have to put his legal issues behind him before they can move forward, and his pre-trial hearing has been continuously delayed, most recently from November to December and then again to what's supposed to be this month now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nash told a great story in one of his shoots where The Rock came up to him in the locker room before their match and told Nash he only get’s to do one move in their match. To which Nash responded that he only has four moves total and he’d like to do all four of them. 

Different time’s I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watching Zona 23 and drinking a good-not-great kolsch a very nice brewery gave me, I know that Ciclope (yung deathmatch Ciclope not Halloween in WCW Ciclope) is one of the better hardcore guys and I appriciate his willingness to wrestle with syringes stuck through his eyebrows, but not only is he BARELY selling them, he is enthusiastically re-applying them, jabbing them back up his eyebrow skin right in front of the handheld camera. If they don't even hurt then why did Crazy King bother to get stabby with them? Heinous violence good. Shoddy psychology bad.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 11:14 PM, Infinit said:

Hey guys....sorry I wasn't clear with my question. I'm aware of the Rock/Kliq heat but I wanted to know if someone had brought up the HBK replacement on Young Rock yet.

Before I read the responses I do watch and like the show quite a bit.  Yeah, there's revisionist history but it's still fun to watch.

That said I saw this and felt the urge to say something at the time.  But for the life of me I couldn't think of who he might have been referring to even though Michaels was such the obvious answer.  Let's see, guy acts nice initially, gets injured then talks shit about Rock to Vince?  Yep, that's Michaels alright.  And of all the wrestlers portrayed Rock made sure there was not one way to even hint that it could have been Michaels other than he was going to be the big star before injury.  That's some true "Fuck you" energy and he's not wrong for doing that.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:
  Reveal hidden contents

"Jerry, here's a cool drawing of myself!"

I joked with my friend that as a gag Jimmy convinces Jerry that porkchop cash and dream machine were the real fabulous ones. 

• Like 2