DVDVR Message Board

2023 AEW Media

Dolfan in NYC

Fortunately, the pre-order for Revolution just now showed up on FITE. I was worried that it wouldn't be available due to the DAZN deal. I have enough credits to get it for free, if I decide to use them on this one. Then again, maybe I'll save them for getting an early era PPV and pre-order this for the 4 extra credits. Decisions, decisions...

• Like 2

While I'm personally frustrated we're never going to see Daniel Garcia vs Warlow from the weekend,

at least tonight we get a pretty stacked Elevation with :

• Yuka vs Starkz
  • Top Flight vs Butcher/Blade
  • 2.0 vs Boys
  • Davari/Nese vs Claudio/Yuta
  • OC/Best Friends vs Chaos Project/Zack Clayton
  • Diamante/Emi/Shafir/Nyla vs Rayne/Skye/Aminata/Hyena Hera
  • Plus enhancement matches for Juice (Jake Crist), Hobbs, Dark Order.

• Like 1

I'm being released from the hospital tomorrow!  The last three days were unneccessary because they couldn't round up a home healthcare provider and couldn't release me.  But they gave me a sponge-like bath and I stopped being a baby.  It also means I haven't had more than two hours of sleep in a row since last Tuesday.  So I'm prolly going to sleep after Elevation and watching RAW like a normal American, stocked to the gills with fast forward.  Anyway, if I stay awake, I'll try to stay lucid.  The sun so low turning our silhouettes to gold, Hiroshima Mon Amour....  Oh no, nine matches, this might be tough.  It's DALTON CASTLE!'s boys!  The Boys are fun in that they are unbeatable when doing the bidding of Castle, but on their own, they the fifth best tagteam in Ohio Valley Wrestling.  Daddy Magic and Cool Hand are good old school heels and The Boys are the nouvelle New Breed!  That was perfectly fine.  Sterling/Daivari/Neese are GOLD ON THE STICK!  Hey, it's Jake Crist.  Was he the problematic one? Does he and his brother own WR with Sami Callihan?  SO MANY QUESTIONS!   ROCK HARD JUICE ROBINSON!  Juice is secretly GIGANTIC.  Crist is looking good in this.  Juice has good punches.  Then Robinson kills him.  Robinson makes folks look great before killing them.  It's the Dark Order!  Crash Jaxon is what I think of when I picture Ohio.  Wait a minute, Matt Brannigan is what I think of when I picture Portsmouth, VA.  MEAT HAMMER!  Yuka Sakazaki!  Hey I saw this match on a secret Chinese site, in against each other at Koruken Hall!  Starkz makes with the CRAVATE~!  Starkz hits a GREAT fucking Rolling Guillotine off the toprope to Yuka on the apron.  Starkz hits a gnarly neckbreaker thingy.  Yuka is telling a little story-  Starks is going to hit me with  lot of big moves and now I am angry!  It's  a good story.  This was a good match.  Needed a Gotch Piledriver on the apron by Starkz.  BOYS IN THE DARK ORDER!  Oh no!  Zack Clayton joins with SERP and Luther.  Can they overcome the creeping suck of the still up and coming Zack Clayton?  If anybody can drag something out of a green dude, it's Orange Cassidy.  SERP and OC take up a big wad of the first part of the match fucking around a bit.  Zack Clayton looked fine getting Chuck into the position and they do a VARIATION on the old Super Delfin/ Gran Naniwa pumphandle bit!  Luther CHEATS on the floor!  This whole match is completely fucking around.  Trent beats Zack Clayton into shape.  Clayton gets the legit heat by breaking up the Best Friend Hug.  Clayton might get good if he wrestles the Best Friends every week.  Hobbs murderlizes a dude.  Daddy Magic is the best thing about this match.  Butcher and the Blade taking on Top Flight should be fun.  This is more fun after the Top Flight/BCC matches.  The Blade lays it in on Darius.  Butcher cut his hair off and now looks like Dax Harwood's cousin, Lyle Harwood, the  Pasquotank County Chicken Killer.  They fucked up all kinds of stuff.  They should try again.  HEY! It's QUEEN AMINATA!  Talk about gals AEW needs to sign.  EMI! EMI! EMI!  Aminata and Shafir and Blue and Shafir look good there together.  EMI! EMI! EMI!  Skye Blue tags in Madison Rayne!  Rayne is Reyna de Reyna!  It all falls apart!  That was fun.  AMINATA! AMINATA!  Smark Mark Sterling calls all the ladies of Ohio whales!  The Blackpool Combat Club watch darts!   Claudio channels Ken Patera!  Wheeler Yuta becomes ENGULFED in the evil wrestling of Neese and Daivaria.  Claudio is fucking AWESOME as a house afire!  Yuta and Claudio do the SUWA Dropkick on the Giantly Swung!  YAY!  NIGHT-NIGHT!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

The last time I was in the hospital they not only found a way to stretch a diagnosis and a 15 minute wait on a steroid to go into effect into THREE DAYS in their "care" with a "Fall Risk" suicide vest on me hooked up to a machine that had nurses running in if I so much as sat on the corner of the bed. It felt like I was in prison. So, to say I sympathize is a bit of an understatement.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2023 at 10:00 AM, Craig H said:

This all makes me feel bad for Pillman Jr. He wants to succeed at pro wrestling, it's always tougher when your parent was a wrestler before you and a star, and he just isn't putting it together. I know in the past he's blamed drugs or alcohol for some of his struggles and I doubt that's the issue here.

Yeah, if not going to Japan, he would be better off going to the PC and letting them mold him into their kind of wrestler. 

He just does not get it. I want to see the kid succeed, but the day I saw MJF call his mother everything short of a whore, Pillman Jr. runs to the ring only to do the “why I oughta” pantomime. Clueless on instincts.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2023 at 8:37 AM, Matt D said:

While I'm personally frustrated we're never going to see Daniel Garcia vs Warlow from the weekend,

at least tonight we get a pretty stacked Elevation with :

• Yuka vs Starkz
  • Top Flight vs Butcher/Blade
  • 2.0 vs Boys
  • Davari/Nese vs Claudio/Yuta
  • OC/Best Friends vs Chaos Project/Zack Clayton
  • Diamante/Emi/Shafir/Nyla vs Rayne/Skye/Aminata/Hyena Hera
  • Plus enhancement matches for Juice (Jake Crist), Hobbs, Dark Order.

Glad Dalton and the Boys haven't completely disappeared

Blake Christian takes on SERP!  Christian makes SERP look like a million bucks! Christian has matches that work when you can behind his babyface comeback, so he let's SERP get some lowgrade heel offense in.  THEN he overcomes!  It's RUSH!  He starts off all ATHENA on Aiden PArk!  RUSH challenges his MANHOOD!  YAY! RUSH!  Kiera Hogan beats a gal.  Dalton Castle comes out to Radio Gaga by Queen.  It's TOTALLY Radio Gaga!  I would be into Claudio versus Castle, so maybe that's why Dalton and the Boys started showing up.  Dante Casanova is more dramatic during his intro.  The Boys following Dalton around with the soul claps is NUMBER #1 AND THE BEST!  CAstle starts going Steiner on Casanova.  He fucks around a little and then goes TOTAL STEINER making with the Suplexes and Backdrop Drivers.  MORE SP{INNING !  Dalton Castle is awesome.  How is he not locked in a year long feud with Orange Cassidy?  Slim J and Mascara Dorada!  Taz sings both dudes to the ring with the same theme song.  TAZ is completely off the rails.  SLim J and Dorada take it to the mat!  LUCHA STALEMATE!  Sonny Kiss CHEATS!  You know who has GREAT punches?  Slim J.  JEEVES K and Sonny Kiss both CHEAT!  This match is somehow MORE AWESOME than I imagined.  Backstabber by Slim J FOR TWO!  SLim J misses the Moonsault!  Mascara Dorada hits the Moonsault for the WIN!  That was fucking aweome.  Okay, I love the Outrunners.  The world of wrestling needs more spinning.  Outrunners are completely awesome.  Are these the bastard sons of the Beverly Brothers?  So great. They are something Chris Jericho once wrote down on a cocktail napkin. Balliya  Akki and Rico Gonzalez have a great Michinoku Pro 1998 match.   I love Akki's command of the ring.  Gonzalez is a better Fuego Del Sol.  EJ Nduka!  KONOSUKE TAKESHITA!  Nduka was good in what little he actually got to wrestling in MLW. BATTLING BLUE THUNDER BOMBS!  Takeshita hits a couple of knees to Nduka's skull!  That was pretty good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, evanknight said:

The match sounds worth checking out, but I was disappointed to see Nese teaming with Ari again and not Josh Woods. I liked that pairing. 

You know Ari/Woods would be an interesting pairing, hopefully we get that combo soon.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does Danhausen's nut-based curse work way better, or at least faster than the regular one? He adjusted it for proficiency and had success with it during that Best Friends trios match.

Anyway, decided to purchase Revolution with cash instead of FITE credits. I came up with the plan for the year, which is new PPV's with cash to get more FITE credits and then use those credits to exclusively purchase older PPV's. Buying older PPV's with cash gives you no extra credit, so this plan would give me most bang for my buck throughout the year.

Edited by Shartnado
Needs less space...
  • Like 5

Balliya Akki looked fantastic here. I suspect there’s a spot for this great talent in the new ROH. So too Slim J. The novelty is over, he’s just every bit as good as Phil Schneider’s been claiming for years. Dorado is terrific too, but seriously would anybody be against pushing Slim J? He’s this season’s Eddie Kingston? So to speak. Wait, can he speak? Dug the Takeshita main. This Nduka might be worth developing. To those keeping score, has AEW benefited more from WWE developmental (2020 forward) than WWE? Oh shit, I don’t want to forget to mention how great it is to see how the Outrunners handle business on the winning side. Incredible! These are the kind of guys found in a system that values their enhancement workers! AErub-a-dub-dub!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, evanknight said:

The match sounds worth checking out, but I was disappointed to see Nese teaming with Ari again and not Josh Woods. I liked that pairing. 

I dig the Nese/Woods pairing a lot more now than I did initially after their first couple outings now that I'm more familiarized with what Woods brings to the table, but I know Nese/Ariya tagged a bunch back in the 205 Live days, so it's possible they might've requested it (or maybe it was just a safe bet from an agenting standpoint 'familiarity wise')

• Like 3

So if the Outrunners get over with people who hated Southpaw Regional Wrestling, then there's no stopping them?

Gotta love that they're cutting Road Warriors promos while looking like guys who'd lose to the RWs in 30 seconds in a studio in 1986. I think that most of the Road Warrior ripoffs were more about cribbing the look than the promos when the RWs were effective at promos. Demolition might have really come to the closest to replicating the Road Warriors.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:37 AM, Matt D said:

HOLY FUCK!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I want Baliyan Akki and Mei Suruga on Dynamite every Wednesday please and thank you.
Let the Outrunners get some more seasoning and hopefully find their footing on the mics and they could be the next Acclaimed. Fun tag team that the crowd gets behind.

• Like 1