DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

You're gonna hate the last match.

Fuck.

That goddamn last match... First the real, actual match it was based on insulted me as a wrestling fan, then the videogame version managed to insult me as a videogame fan too.

FWIW, I don't think Wrestlemania mode compared at all favourably to last year's Attitude era, and stands as a colossal missed opportunity.

Aren't both John Cena/The Rock WrestleMania matches in the game? I don't wan't to play one let alone two. I think I enjoyed Attitude Era mode more than 30 Years of WrestleMania as well even though the former caused me more frustration. It had a first time feel for me having never played a mode like that before while it's similar in WWE 2K14. I also don't like how The Undertaker unlockables aren't included with all the others in 30 Years of WrestleMania. I'd have much preferred that.

I found the whole mode boring as shit. I mean,it recreated main events I didnt really care about because I ordered the shows for the Undertaker matches, then they left most of those out

Edge at WrestleMania XXIV and Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXV really should have made it over some of the selections.

WrestleMania mode was really cool for the first handful of matches, for the presentation alone. Andre/Studd was pretty cool looking, and the Hogan matches, the Savage promo was awesome, etc. But then you get into the mid-to-late 90s, and the early 00s. And you still have about 13 years of matches to go through. They all start to look and feel the same. They had something with rending the actual promos with the character models, I don't know why they only did it with Savage.

Undertaker's mode is awesome, that's what keeps me coming back. I still haven't beat 'Taker, I don't feel like cheating my way to a victory either.

Universe isn't that bad, but I still haven't had many cutscenes, just like years past. -_-

I'm very tempted to just say screw the unlockables and just pin Rock's ass and be done with it.

The WMXX matches are kind of a bad joke. I know you can't have the Triple Threat in there, and they wanted Goldberg in the game, but c'mon, slip Kurt a few shekels and have Eddie's big match instead of Cena and Show's curtain-jerker

I recreated Mega Powers vs Mega Bucks yesterday and it was a blast.. However, I noticed that the game is too easy on normal difficulty.  I definitely need to look into those sliders.  I was having my way with Andre a little too easily.

Gotta have it on at least hard. But once you do, the AI gives a better fight than last year.

The last match was annoying. The computer is a little too expert at reversing at times.

On The Streak menu, theres an option to see who he beat at what WrestleMania.

But some are left blank, for example Sid at Mania 13 isn't on there. Anybody know why that is?

Also, A Train is now listed as Tensai from their Mania match, which amused me a little.

Yeah, but wrestlers still wander out of the ring for no good reason to wreck the announcers' table...

Not perfect by any means, but yesterday I lost to AI CM Punk after he reversed my Zig Zag into a GTS on legend difficulty. Aside from a couple of frustrating matches in AE mode, that didn't happen last year.

To the other poster, I don't think they got any rights to mention Sid or Giant Gonzalez, or they just didn't want to remind players of how lazy they were.

I recreated Mega Powers vs Mega Bucks yesterday and it was a blast.. However, I noticed that the game is too easy on normal difficulty.  I definitely need to look into those sliders.  I was having my way with Andre a little too easily.

KidKash202 has a shitton of stuff that will make the game better.  He's got the sliders plus changing the stats for everybody in the game and CAWs.  I wasn't gonna mess with it but after trying it for a few guys noticed the matches have been a lot better.  I personally have it on Normal to kind of unwind and not have to put too much in it.  But when I do bump it to Hard it is some really good action.  Change the sliders and stats for Bret Hart and Daniel Bryan.  Have them face each other in an ironman match and you'll get a great matchup.  Not trying to blow smoke up his ass, but his stuff made the game more enjoyable for me.  Check his posts in this thread.

a couple of quick questions.

how much is the season pass/all dlc going to run?

is the game worth $40?

Last wrestling game I bought, was No Mercy, I played HCTP, but at the time I thought No Mercy was superior

If you're not super-big on wrestling games, and I'm not, I'd say it's not worth it.

• Like 1

I used to love the games on n64, but I've noticed that the games from thq have been shit.  I understand that 2k hasn't had time to start from scratch on this license, so they're probably using the same engine.   Judging from other 2k games I've played, they have more hits than misses on playability.  I haven't bought a new game in years due to the high standard No Mercy set, and I still have my n64 with No Mercy in it.

• Like 1

Is it me, or does his finisher look more like the Gory Stretch than the Aregntine Backbreaker?  Could have sworn that was his finisher.  He looks okay, but something seems off to me.

The Argentine Backbreaker was his finisher. I assume they just made his finisher in the game whatever was closest.

Yet another reason I always thought Sammartino was an awful fuggin champeen. Not to mention he was champion for...well, FOREVER. Sure, I was a kid back then(and Southern) but tell me who you'd rather have as champ...the hairy bore of Bruno or the potbellied badassness of Harley Race?

• Like 1