DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

Is This The First Game Without Rey In Several Years?

Rey is in, just apparently not in the "30 Years of WrestleMania" mode. I'm surprised Vince is not included in there.

Confirmed on the roster page but not in WM mode are Rey, Ryback, Ziggler, Bryan, and Darren Young. The roster page shows 8 more ?s. Would have to assume they'd be including Sheamus, Titus O Neil, Sandow, and Cody among others.

Also no divas yet but Stephanie said in an interview that she's in the game.

Is This The First Game Without Rey In Several Years?

Rey is in, just apparently not in the "30 Years of WrestleMania" mode. I'm surprised Vince is not included in there.

Confirmed on the roster page but not in WM mode are Rey, Ryback, Ziggler, Bryan, and Darren Young. The roster page shows 8 more ?s. Would have to assume they'd be including Sheamus, Titus O Neil, Sandow, and Cody among others.

Also no divas yet but Stephanie said in an interview that she's in the game.

Oh good...

• Like 1

Liking the roster for WWE 2K14.

If you don't like The Rock on the cover, you have an alternative:

Back in June, we kicked off the WWE 2K14 Cover Contest, giving you, our loyal and dedicated fans, an opportunity to not only create your own WWE 2K14 cover, but have it included in the game when it hits stores on October 29 in North America, November 1 internationally!

Now, the long wait to see the winning entries in our North America and International contests is over, and we're ready to announce that in a stunning show of support for one of our favorite Superstars, both entries made use of...

DANIEL BRYAN!

Check out our North America winner, by Mike Rodriguez of Corona, California:

Posted Image

And our International winner, by Alexis Zankowitch of Saint-Martin-le-Vinoux, France:

Posted Image

Huge and hearty congratulations to both of our winners, who will have their covers printed up and included in WWE 2K14 game boxes. And just as important, a humongous "Thank you" to everyone who participated in our WWE 2K14 Cover Contests.

Credit: wwe.2k.com

So with the roster announced so far are there actually enough guys to recreate 40+ WM matches?

Here's what I calculated:

You bastard, I was doing this too. I'll get my revenge by pointing out the ones you missed!

WM 5: Jake/Andre

WM 6: Jake/DiBiase

WM 8: Taker/Jake

WM 20: Evolution vs Rock'n'Sock

Jake isn't in the game, but you got me on WM 20. The tag could be in there making it 65 at the most. Likely to be less, of course.

I can see them going with Kane-Taker for WM XX like they did on the History of WM DVD.

They won't because they're too lazy to do an unmasked Kane

I expect the uniforms to be a wreck from year to year. Macho Man wearing WM III trunks against the Warrior, HBK wearing WM XIX tights painted gold for the Iron Man against Bret, Edge wearing street fight pants against Undertaker at WM 24, etc. etc.

My biggest fear is that this will be the only next-gen game to feature Razor Ramon in it. So I'm not sure if I should wait for a legit good game from this series, or be forced to get this game knowing full well that no matter how many Razor's Edges I hit in this game I'm still playing a broken piece of shit.

• Like 1

My biggest fear is that this will be the only next-gen game to feature Razor Ramon in it. So I'm not sure if I should wait for a legit good game from this series, or be forced to get this game knowing full well that no matter how many Razor's Edges I hit in this game I'm still playing a broken piece of shit.

That last bit leads into an awfully mean joke about Scott Hall...

• Like 5

I don't know if anyone has thought about this, but is the Fink in the game?  A lot of the older WrestleMania moments aren't complete without his intros and announcements.

"AND... NEWWW WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION CHAMPION.."

• 4 weeks later...

First ten matches of WM mode revealed today. 10 new matches announced ever day this week until full list is out.

• WrestleMania: Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd
  • WrestleMania 2: WWE Champion Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy
  • WrestleMania III: Intercontinental Champion “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat
  • WrestleMania III: WWE Champion Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant
  • WrestleMania IV: “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase
  • WrestleMania V: WWE Champion “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan
  • WrestleMania VI: WWE Champion Hulk Hogan vs. Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior
  • WrestleMania VII: WWE Champion Sgt. Slaughter vs. Hulk Hogan
  • WrestleMania VIII: WWE Champion Ric Flair vs. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
  • WrestleMania IX: WWE Champion Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. Yokozuna

Here's the link with a screenshot of each match. http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/every-30-years-of-wrestlemania-match-us

The next ten matches from 30 Years of WrestleMania:

WrestleMania X: Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania X: Yokozuna vs. Bret Hart

WrestleMania XI: The Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy

WrestleMania XI: Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania XII: The Undertaker vs. Diesel

WrestleMania XII: Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania 13: Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin

Wanted to post these two images:

Posted Image

Posted Image